• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Imm0rt4l

Been playing this game quite a bit. Like I thought before I even touched it, I'm not a fan of tag team play and I'm not a fan of how this game feels. It's going to take a lot of getting use to and I do kind of like it but I don't think it'll take over SF4 as my main game. I just hope the SF4 player base doesn't completely abandon it. They should definitely disappear at first, hopefully a lot of them will be back though.

I feel the same, I just hope that I will be able to switch from one game to the other no problem.

Edgeward

Hearing about Cammy being able to jump cancel close rh, was the first info I've heard recently that made me want to get SF x T. Other than that Im still okay with not getting it.

Robot Pants

Been playing this game quite a bit. Like I thought before I even touched it, I'm not a fan of tag team play and I'm not a fan of how this game feels. It's going to take a lot of getting use to and I do kind of like it but I don't think it'll take over SF4 as my main game. I just hope the SF4 player base doesn't completely abandon it. They should definitely disappear at first, hopefully a lot of them will be back though.

I have zero interest in it as well.
I'm still playing SF4 which is now a complete ghost town (for realz this time)
But hopefully not for long

rivals

I only really play AE out of habit anymore and because it's the only game I feel I'm actually competitive in. The more I play it and the more I'm able to articulate my issues with it, the less I can motivate myself to really put in work. For the record, I have little to no interest in SFxT for both gameplay reasons and because I don't agree with a lot of the things that have happened around the release of the game. I've mostly just been playing ggpo games lately.

I've been really torn on fg's lately. SF4 fits the niche of game I want to play moreso than any other current games but I still have a lot of issues with certain aspects. At this point I'm mostly just biding my time until something I'm really interested in comes out. I'd be going in hard on KOF13 if it wasn't for the netcode. There's a decent scene for it around here but my life has gotten extremely hectic over the last couple of months so I've been team nah for a while now.

I'm kind of mixed on team based fighting games, when it's a two character team I can dig it, like XvsSF, MvC, Rival Schools, etc. Once they get into three characters, I lose all interest, which is why I don't play KoF, Marvel 2, Marvel 3, Project Justice, etc.

That said, SFxT is pretty fun so far, though I can't really grasp what kind of Tekken character I want to use since they're so different in style from the Capcom crew, it's like I have to learn a myriad of target combos and command normals to play any of them. Though with the gems being like they are with DLC being objectively superior to stock, I kinda wish they ditched that whole system.

I feel the same, I just hope that I will be able to switch from one game to the other no problem.

This is why I haven't touched AE for a while. I do like SFxT, but at the same time playing it makes me want to go back and play some AE because it's the type of fighter I prefer. But I won't because it'll just slow down my progress SFxT. I'm trying to avoid playing AE again until I feel very comfortable with SFxT. After that I will work on being able to transition seamlessly between the two.

USD

Sako FT3 vs. the GODSGARDEN crew (Kazunoko, Nekojita, Itabashi Zangief, Naruo, KSK):

http://www.twitch.tv/godsgarden

Direct link to the matches:

http://www.twitch.tv/godsgarden/b/311103534?t=172m45s

Results:

Sako (Ibuki) vs. Kazunoko (Yun)
2-3
○●○●●

Sako (Ibuki) vs. Nekojita (Abel)
3-2
○●●○○

Sako (Ibuki) vs. Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
3-1
●○○○

Sako (Ibuki) vs. Naruo (Evil Ryu)
3-0
○○○

Sako (Ibuki) vs. Naruo (Ryu)
3-0
○○○

Sako (Ibuki) vs. KSK (Abel)
3-1
○○●○

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I only really play AE out of habit anymore and because it's the only game I feel I'm actually competitive in. The more I play it and the more I'm able to articulate my issues with it, the less I can motivate myself to really put in work. For the record, I have little to no interest in SFxT for both gameplay reasons and because I don't agree with a lot of the things that have happened around the release of the game. I've mostly just been playing ggpo games lately.

I've been really torn on fg's lately. SF4 fits the niche of game I want to play moreso than any other current games but I still have a lot of issues with certain aspects. At this point I'm mostly just biding my time until something I'm really interested in comes out. I'd be going in hard on KOF13 if it wasn't for the netcode. There's a decent scene for it around here but my life has gotten extremely hectic over the last couple of months so I've been team nah for a while now.

Pretty much how I feel about SFIV. It's the closest thing to my taste out of the currently active fighting games, but so much of the game bugs me. I can't imagine going back to it once it's dead.

I'm giving SFxT a whirl right now - it's not really scratching the Street Fighter itch, though.

My hope is that Capcom is planning to release some proper ports of the classic Street Fighters with online play as part of the 25th Anniversary this year. If non-3S classic games are part of their $500k tournament plans, then players need a version on which to practice . . .

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Well my new monitor purchase has led me to an extremely shitty realization...

a) The good news, it's as close to a crt that I've ever seen a monitor get. I couldn't tell the difference in a blind test.

b) The bad shitty news... I have quite the beefy pc but for some bloody reason my pc AE has maybe 8-10ms more input lag compared to 360 AE on the very same monitor...

Imm0rt4l

This is why I haven't touched AE for a while. I do like SFxT, but at the same time playing it makes me want to go back and play some AE because it's the type of fighter I prefer. But I won't because it'll just slow down my progress SFxT. I'm trying to avoid playing AE again until I feel very comfortable with SFxT. After that I will work on being able to transition seamlessly between the two.

It's for the best, picking AE back up will be like riding a bike imo.

Airan

Oh man, lost a T.Hawk match. I had 45% health left, he a sliver. All it took was a mistimed IA Axe Kick (Makoto) and his Condor Dive landing right next to me > U1. Victory... stolen! :<

USD

Using a stick is the greatest feeling ever. Got the SFXTK V.S. Edition and I've practicing with over the last day. Hitting Ryu 6HP, 2HP LP Shoryu FADC, Metsu feels so. Good. I'm a Fei main, but I might start running Ryu in Endless Battle until I get a good feel for the stick.

I'm still learning; it's going to be a while before I can do everything I could do on a pad (and beyond), but I'm not sure if I can ever touch a pad again. Not while playing a fighting game at least.

Using a stick is the greatest feeling ever. Got the SFXTK V.S. Edition and I've practicing with over the last day. Hitting Ryu 6HP, 2HP LP Shoryu FADC, Metsu feels so. Good. I'm a Fei main, but I might start running Ryu in Endless Battle until I get a good feel for the stick.

I'm still learning; it's going to be a while before I can do everything I could do on a pad (and beyond), but I'm not sure if I can ever touch a pad again. Not while playing a fighting game at least.

Great choice for a first stick, I'm thinking about getting one myself. I actually got a Hori Fighting Stick 3 as my first stick. It was a piece of crap and I gave up on it after a week or two. It wasn't until I got a Mad Catz TE-S that I finally stuck with playing on stick. I have to admit, doing SRK, FADC, Ultra for the first time on a stick was a pretty good feeling.

Edgeward

Great choice for a first stick, I'm thinking about getting one myself. I actually got a Hori Fighting Stick 3 as my first stick. It was a piece of crap and I gave up on it after a week or two. It wasn't until I got a Mad Catz TE-S that I finally stuck with playing on stick. I have to admit, doing SRK, FADC, Ultra for the first time on a stick was a pretty good feeling.

Ha! I did the exact same thing. FS3 -> TE-S my first time out. But I stuck with the FS3 way longer than I care to admit. ._.

Numpad annotations for life, keeping it anime. It's just easier and faster to type out for me.

I really wish there was a way to try an arcade stick and feel it out without dropping $100 beforehand and see whether it would fit with me or not. There's no real arcades here and the very few arcade machines there is are mostly racing/shooting games so I never got a chance to play a fighter in an arcade setup except for that one time when Tekken 3 was out.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
My eyes have been trained to automatically disregard anything with numberpad notation. Hasn't gone wrong for me yet.
Eh, I once felt the same, but you get over it. SF4 isn't a game heavy on command normals or specific directions though, but in games that are it's an easier way to indicate them.

Are players DQed if they do it or is there some kind of way to remove it in versus play?

I remember Vanilla SF4 has similar restrictions in the score attack and survival modes.
Sometimes that stuff is so ingrained in a playstyle that it just happens automatically. I remember when I tried to do that with a friend learning the game and 2D fighters in general, so I wouldn't throw. I still threw a couple times out of sheer instinct. Would be baller if SF4 and the rest of the current Capcom fighting output had a system edit like SF3.

^^

Is the online community still active? Should I get the 360 or PS3 edition for the optimal online expierence?

There's also the PC version by the way. The PC version's community seems a little bit more revitalized after finally getting the v.2012 patch. Uses G4WL so it's pretty similar to 360's online experience.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
-=punches Marky=- &#8594; &#8595; &#8594; &#8594; &#8595; &#8594; &#8471; x3 Shinryuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuken!!!

<3

Look what I got today...

429117_10150614937518883_507353882_9313068_670851001_n.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
Wow....I just had #11 Juri ragequit on me. He/she did a wake-up Ultra then quit as soon as I went in for the kill.

WOW.

But I won the game we played before this one though :)

EDIT: LMAO, he just made my day ^_^

mX26n.jpg

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wow....I just had #11 Juri ragequit on me. He/she did a wake-up Ultra then quit as soon as I went in for the kill.

WOW.

mX26n.jpg

Hahahaha - why do the butt-hurt people that say they don't care quit matches... if they actually don't care?

Not forgetting the typical talking shit about the skill of the guy that beat you, which in turn only insults yourself since you lost to him and quit like a pussy.

WOW.

mX26n.jpg

LOL, that guy was a regular on the PXG stream that comes on every Monday or Tuesday(forgot which day). He impressed a lot of people with his Juri play. I remember seeing him win two FT5 sets, one of them came against TFA Hornett's Sakura. Funny to see him get extremely salty like that. Did he just message you only, or did you say something to kind of provoke him into it?

Top Bottom