• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

MIMIC

Banned
After his ragequit, I sent these exact words: "Wow...really?" Because I was legitimately shocked. He had already lost before so I was surprised that he would leave just because he was about to lose again.

Maybe it was because I was on the other side of the screen when he did a wake-up Ultra. I honestly baited him into doing it. :)

Now that I think of it, I've had more ragequits today than I've had in a LONG ass time.

After his ragequit, I sent these exact words: "Wow...really?" Because I was legitimately shocked. He had already lost before so I was surprised that he would leave just because he was about to lose again.

Maybe it was because I was on the other side of the screen when he did a wake-up Ultra. I honestly baited him into doing it. :)

Now that I think of it, I've had more ragequits today than I've had in a LONG ass time.

Fuerte gets to everyone

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So how small is the time window for linking jump cancel into super with Ibuki? 2 frames? Is it the amount of frames she's grounded during the startup of her jump animation?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I find myself swapping out my SFxTK disk a lot for this game, SFxTK just isn't holding my interest. I think I miss FADC combos too much.

I was very skeptical of SFxT but I'm coming around. I was doubtful at first but now I'm having fun with it. I like the different system they have in place and all. But with that said I still prefer SF4. But I'm staying away from SF4 because I still need a lot more time to get use to playing SFxT as well as learning my new character Kazuya. But yeah, don't expect me to go anywhere guys.

If you were watching the Topanga tv stream, Mago, Tokido, and Bonchan announced Topanga's 2nd 5v5 Charity Cup. It will be an AE2012 tournament.

1 confirmed team = Momochi, YHCmochi, Uryo, Haitani, Sako

Edit: Takes place April 8th.

USD

Played my first couple of matches on stick. Ugh, so sloppy. Back to training mode, didn't grind on 1P side nearly enough.

Mainly talking about Rekku/CW. Still can do actual combos into Super, unless it's off a Focus Attack haha.

Et9iQ.gif

Well you can't really blame them, Krone was 3 hours late and totally deserved the DQ, I'd certainly be happy the bracket could finally get moving. I'd also be glad if I didn't have to play against the best burn kick spammer in the country.

Fixed

If there is one thing I love about SFxT, it's the fact that Viper isn't there. Now Latif and Krone have to actually play SF and prove to everybody they can dominate without infinite safe on block reversals.

Can someone direct me to a tutorial of some sort on how to practice/perform links?

A buddy of mine recently picked up SF and he's been facing some difficulties in that area after having come from a Marvel background.

Can someone direct me to a tutorial of some sort on how to practice/perform links?

A buddy of mine recently picked up SF and he's been facing some difficulties in that area after having come from a Marvel background.

Here is Vesper's Tutorial on the SSF4 combo system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK0rwY4wDSM&feature=relmfu

I recommend your friend go through all the chapters. The tutorials are very well done and useful for beginners. I used them when I first got into the game.

USD

I've always had an interest in Chun-Li, and now that I have a stick, decided to go back and watch an old episode of NSB TV! with Y24, the Chun-Li player. It's from about six months ago, so you might have already seen it, but he shows off a lot of his input tricks for Chun. I listed time stamps and partial inputs below, but to really understand how he does each, you should watch the video.

NSB TV! 10/26/2011 - Guest: Y24 - Training Mode

(38:52) Landing EX Hyakuretsu from a single cr.LK (LK, MK, HK, LK, MK+HK).

(40:40) Meterless Hyakuretsu combo from cl.HK (HK, MK, LK, HK, HK, LK, MK, MK...). Chun-Li's Super Combo is very useful, so you might want to save your gauge. With full hits, this combo puts Chun at +7.

(41:57) Linking into Ultra Combo 1 from the above listed combo with plinking (LK+MK+HK~LP). Normally the above input will give you a throw because of the LK~LP plink. But if you do the UC motion then immediately go to down-back while doing the plink, you'll get the proper KKK input. If you input the buttons too early, you'll end up with a simple crouching guard.

(43:40) EX Hyakuretsu buffer during st.MP (MP+LK, HK, MK, LK) to beat Focus Attack. If your opponent focuses the st.MP, input MK+HK and you'll get EX Hyakuretsu. You can also use this to punish FA fireball absorb → forward dash. If the opponent does back dash or simply guards, you get a simple whiff st.MP.

(47:00) Landing the cr.HP xx Hyakuretsu loop (HP+MK~LK, LK, MK, HK). He plinks the first part hitting LK with his thumb, but for the last three hits, he switches his hand position, using his index finger instead of his thumb for the second LK. Switching fingers is technique also using in piano, keeps your fingers from getting tired.

(55:15) Landing cl.HK xx HK Hyakuretsu FADC cl.HK xx Hyakuretsu. By holding forward during the kicks, you only need to input forward once during the EX FA to get the dash cancel.

(56:20) EX Hyakuretsu from forward dash (HK, MK, LK, MK+HK~LK).

(58:23) He also mentions that he practices the Hyakuretsu loop by closing his eyes and trying to land the combo based just on time, for about five minutes before he goes to sleep.

(1:00:32) Even he finds landing raw cr.LP xx EX Hyakuretsu incredibly difficult. You can always do a link into EX instead of cancel however, which is significantly easier.

entremet

Had a SFIV layoff for a good 4 months. I got back on today to play some randoms on XBL and got bodied. It looks like the killers are still playing the game. I didn't see anyone below 2000BP.

Threi

notag
If there is one thing I love about SFxT, it's the fact that Viper isn't there. Now Latif and Krone have to actually play SF and prove to everybody they can dominate without infinite safe on block reversals.

Krone will do just fine. He has shown that he has solid fundementals, despite using viper.

Latif on the other hand....well he's maining rufus in sfxt last i heard. Take that for what you will.

Top Bottom