• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

1 matchup where he struggles and that means he can't possibly be a top 8 character? Nah. Other dude is right, Yun is still really good and if he isn't in the top 8 he's no lower than top 10. Personally I'd put him right outside the top 5 of Seth, Cammy, Viper, Fei and Makoto.

I'VE GOT A NAME ASSHOLE
JK

Also I think that way about Yang too. He got nerfed harder then Yun but he's still very good.

Satyamdas

Banned
I'VE GOT A NAME ASSHOLE
JK
My bad boss, was on my phone earlier and was too lazy to go back a page to see who said it.

Also, what's good Eissan? What's up with getting yourself immortalized in .gif form losing to gootecks?!

uiRxI.gif

PogChamp

MIMIC

Banned
Haha, I didt a 15-hit RSF on some guy (12 of them connected, including after stun) and everyone in the lobby sent me a message about it.

I felt so special =p

eissan

My bad boss, was on my phone earlier and was too lazy to go back a page to see who said it.

Also, what's good Eissan? What's up with getting yourself immortalized in .gif form losing to gootecks?!

uiRxI.gif

PogChamp

ahahahahahhahahahahahahah I love it!

I want a rematch damn it!

FGC drama has gotten out of hand now. Just WTF is going on with LiangHuBBB

Our very own blackvegeta is going to start beefing it with Yogaflame24, Shinakuma, and Overheadgreg.

Then when the beef is starting to die down, the OG LordAboriginesf4 is going to come out of retirement and hit blackvegeta with a chair.

USD

It's the stick! Just keep practicing!

*sigh* Doesn't help that I tend to play more mashy on stick, but forget to crouch tech. Counter hits and throws all day.

I should just stick to Fei. Or anyone with a shoryu. Or at least with simple, reliable anti-airs. Allowing free jump-ins because you're scared to anti-air is the worst.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Æ is still king. Once everything dies down, it will be the only one left standing above the rest. Just needs more people playing it like the old days.

Edgeward

*sigh* Doesn't help that I tend to play more mashy on stick, but forget to crouch tech. Counter hits and throws all day.

That's just unfamiliarity talking. I know I mash more when forced to play on pad because I don't feel comfortable with it, it's nothing more practice can't fix. I remember when I still had to use 3k or 3p buttons as a crutch but now I can't even imagine extending my fingers to touch those buttons anymore.

Æ is still king. Once everything dies down, it will be the only one left standing above the rest. Just needs more people playing it like the old days.

I'm not going anywhere, just taking a break as I mentioned before to learn the new game. But yeah, I hope people will come back to AE. I do find SFxT fun and I hope people keep playing it. But I'd like to see people come back to AE. Hopefully they're doing what I was doing and will come back.

Threi

notag
I'd say this game almost single-handedly ruined my enjoyment of videogames...i'll take the break.

But yes it still is the best capcom fighting game out right now.

Biggest compliment i can give to SFxT is its not complete garbage like MvC3. Its an actual good game. Too bad capcom wants to be capcom.

I'm not going anywhere, just taking a break as I mentioned before to learn the new game. But yeah, I hope people will come back to AE. I do find SFxT fun and I hope people keep playing it. But I'd like to see people come back to AE. Hopefully they're doing what I was doing and will come back.

As long as Hawk is there, I'll never leave AE.

I'm actually really glad he's not in SFxTimeout.

I'd say this game almost single-handedly ruined my enjoyment of videogames...i'll take the break.

Biggest compliment i can give to SFxT is its not complete garbage like MvC3. Its an actual good game. Too bad capcom wants to be capcom.

You should just stop playing fighting games period. It's not like you'll get good at them.

I bet you think this black bar is me saying j/k or something. >:|

I should just stick to Fei. Or anyone with a shoryu. Or at least with simple, reliable anti-airs. Allowing free jump-ins because you're scared to anti-air is the worst.

When I first started practicing with a stick I would just do motions for special moves for a certain number of reps (like 50-100). I would do the motions slowly at first and then gradually speed up. This will help with muscle memory. I also had inputs turned on in training mode to make sure my inputs were clean. This might help you mash less on stick since it will build muscle memory.

JJD

I haven't played SF4 in ages...

Makoto and Cammy are considered top tier now??? Yun mid tier? Wow!

Can anyone post a reliable updated tier list?

Cammy was never below upper mid tier and yun is still top 10. The latest tier lists are arcadia tier lists, but they're pretty wacky.

USD

What was the final score 37-10 or something like that?
37-2 32-7 (heh, oops, number switch). 40-player kumite, one player absent however.

Here's a list of the players who beat Fuudo:

Yama-san (Vega)
Sabo☆Hani (C.Viper)
Tarezou (Adon)
??? (Balrog)
Rokkou Honda (E.Honda)
Meu (Makoto)
Harideshi (M.Bison)

37-2 32-7 (heh, oops, number switch). 40-player kumite, one player absent however.

Here's a list of the players who beat Fuudo:

Yama-san (Vega)
Tarezou (Adon)
Sabo☆Hani (C.Viper)
Tarezou (Adon)
Rokkou Honda (E.Honda)
Meu (Makoto)
Harideshi (M.Bison)

^_^

USD

I wish I wasn't so fucking stubborn, maybe then I'd quit this game, and all fighting games. No game has ever made me as frustrated in my life. I think this game has finally broken me down into nothing.

Sorry for whining, I do this a lot.

Threi

notag
I wish I wasn't so fucking stubborn, maybe then I'd quit this game, and all fighting games. No game has ever made me as frustrated in my life. I think this game has finally broken me down into nothing.

letting it out on a forum and coming off as whiny is a far better solution than taking it out on your equipment, other people, or yourself. So let it all out bro.

Also iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

Nyoro SF

This game is the most stressful fighting game I own.

sleepykyo

Join the SF x T dark side.

cackhyena

Word for word how I feel. Cept I still go back like an abuse victim. I'll get the newest, hottest game out and it isn't 3 days before I'm at AE again. SF X T has me trying something new and I haven't touched AE since it dropped. Might be the longest hiatus since SF4's release for me.

The balance of AE2012 is like that of SSF4 and it's good enough that there's zero consensus over a "reliable" tier list. Just like how back in SSF4 you can find as many tier lists putting Fei Long as top tier as you can find them putting him closer to mid tier.

But yeah, people considering Cammy as top tier has always been WTF for me, since she has obviously bad matchups even back in SSF4 when she's stronger.

Imm0rt4l

played sf4 about a week ago against a friend. I went dudley, he went ibuki. I noticed that I couldn't do qcf motions, my pad is now faulty, but it's ok since I'm playing dudley who is reliant on hcf motions. I lose in part because it was my first time playing in a while, I wasn't blocking kunai properly on wakeup, and I was actually trying to roll smh. I finally beat him after losing a few times when I finally start using focus again. He's mad that as a Dudley, I'm focusing a lot(wut? that's my main footsie tool). He switches to Yun, beats me and I switch over to fei. I can't do rekkas since my pad is fucked, but I can still dp fadc chicken wing. He boots me for not playing correctly. I can understand if I wasn't putting up a challenge, but he was just playing poorly. Can I help it if I can counterhit you into oblivion and with simple combos? Deleted.

Top Bottom