• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Is anyone a Juri player? Any tips on matchups or specific combos I should use against players? I'm having a tough time playing online with Juri that I was forced to pick Ryu if I'm going to have a rematch with the same player.

Welcome to hell.

Step 1. stop giving up and changing character...or give up on juri. You will have to learn every match up in detail anyway simply because of how juri acts.

Step 2. dont play juri.

She's a incomplete character who can do well on the small stage but is utterly useless at the upper level due to her limitations as a character.

Beast Note said:
KSK banned from Nico Nico:

If you still remember, one of Soushihan KSK's jobs is stream producer. He streams concerts of indie artists including music contests. Today, something went wrong during a big local music contest that he was streaming. KSK's Nico Nico account got suspended for 1 week because of that.

The vocalist of the first band suddenly stripped naked during their first song. Everyone was shocked because they didn't believe what they saw so it took 7-8 seconds until they cut it.

The show went on a couple hours and stopped when KSK's account got banned. The show then resumed using other person's account and channel. The organizer later came out to apologize and announced that the band was disqualified for that.

But don't worry, KSK and GODSGARDEN's Nico stream should be alright.

lol

After SFxT's debacle at NCR and the announcement of the game being being 2v2 at EVO, is this the time for us to make our return? Team Mad Catz Championships in 3 weeks, marking the return of Japanese SF4 players to US grounds. From then on hype and anticipation for SF4 will grow once again and we will dominate EVO this year with our superior numbers even though there will be a few more people yelling as loudly as they possibly can during Marvel and KOFXIII GF.

Welcome to hell.

Step 1. stop giving up and changing character...or give up on juri. You will have to learn every match up in detail anyway simply because of how juri acts.

Step 2. dont play juri.

She's a incomplete character who can do well on the small stage but is utterly useless at the upper level due to her limitations as a character.

You know what, I will stick with her and not counter pick. What's the point in learning her if I choose other characters.

After SFxT's debacle at NCR and the announcement of the game being being 2v2 at EVO, is this the time for us to make our return? Team Mad Catz Championships in 3 weeks, marking the return of Japanese SF4 players to US grounds. From then on hype and anticipation for SF4 will grow once again and we will dominate EVO this year with our superior numbers even though there will be a few more people yelling as loudly as they possibly can during Marvel and KOFXIII GF.

Got dat damn right!

Imm0rt4l

is SFxT only 2v2? That will be interesting, but it will also make playing it at EVO a bit more of a challenge unless I have a partner.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
In Akuma's ending in SFXT, Oni is actually a different being. Oni comes out of nowhere and Akuma is like, Oh, it's the weakling I casted out of myself.

jbug617

Banned
Apparently there is going to be some big info about the future of Cross Counter tonight. My guess is they are done with doing a live show and will stick with creating content with their series.

Apparently there is going to be some big info about the future of Cross Counter tonight. My guess is they are done with doing a live show and will stick with creating content with their series.

I don't see a need for that. I think a weekly show is hard to do because there is only so much content out there in the FGC. There isn't always drama and Majors to cover and interviews that would really interest people to do. I think a bi-weekly show would be much better since it provides more time for stuff to happen so they can go over and discuss it. But the show averages about 3-5k during throughout the hour right? With strong viewership like that I think they should try to find time for it.

You know what, I will stick with her and not counter pick. What's the point in learning her if I choose other characters.

Then get ready. you will have to learn several sets of blockstrings and combos that only work on some types of characters. juri has a problem where she sometimes gets her close normals at a far range and her far normals at a fairly close range because of the way her attacks move her in and out of her own ranges. its going to be a uphill battle but when you get good every win will be because you outplayed your opponent.

jbug617

Banned
MLG just announced they are doing a Spring Arena for Fighting games. Saves them some money since most of the players will be in the Northeast with the exception of the KOF players.

It's probably going to be a $20 PPV.

MLG just announced they are doing a Spring Arena for Fighting games. Saves them some money since most of the players will be in the Northeast with the exception of the KOF players.

It's probably going to be a $20 PPV.

They said it will be free. It's in the tweet when they first mentioned it. Whoever tweeted $20 to Wakeup SRK was trolling.

Edgeward

Tonight on Cross Counter Live our good friend and teammate Ryan "gootecks" Gutierrez announced he will be stepping down from Cross Counter and his current endeavors in the Fighting Game Community.

We've had the pleasure of working with Ryan in our coL.CC division and Bar Fights. He will be missed but we're optimistic we'll cross paths again in the future and wish him the best of luck.

End of an era.

tumblr_m0imd357ez1r5img1o1_400.gif

And the end of a beautiful relationship :(

Goodbye Gootecks, wish you the best.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Not sure if it's just a troll or what, but somebody posted a comment in the SRK article that behind-the-scenes drama at Final Round led to this. Didn't go into any detail of course, how typical

Then get ready. you will have to learn several sets of blockstrings and combos that only work on some types of characters. juri has a problem where she sometimes gets her close normals at a far range and her far normals at a fairly close range because of the way her attacks move her in and out of her own ranges. its going to be a uphill battle but when you get good every win will be because you outplayed your opponent.

It's not ok to lose all the time to players online. But sometimes I have to learn my mistakes. The problem is people play character's differently. I need to download their play style and realize what I need to do.

USD

The Shadowloo Kuwait Qualifiers Street Fighter finals have been uploaded. Looking forward to your feedback on the match.

http://youtu.be/68GZwqacgF4

Wow, you can't even call that a stick, that's an arcade panel. Really solid Dudley, missed a number of combo opportunities and was baiting the counter but not punishing (though he started to later in the match), but he seemed pretty in control of the pace of the match.

cackhyena

Only been a few weeks since I've played SF4 but I've already forgotten just how much throws are employed, being used to SFxT now. Felt like half that Dud's game was throws.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
It's a shame Gootecks had to go out like this, but the dude looked pretty broken and depressed lately, so I'm sure there is much more to the story than we realize. I'll miss all the content he and Mike produced, but hopefully the reason for all this is he's moving on to bigger and better things.

Naar

The quality of the production shames a lot of more experienced tournaments from what I'm seeing.

The match was very good, is this streamed?

Wow thanks!! Yea sadly I encountered some problems (there was a seminar before us and they didn't clean up at all, you can see posters of it behind some of the players lol) but it turned out great with about 66 participants in total :)

Also you can find the full stream here http://www.twitch.tv/fikrakw/videos

I'm hoping the next tournament will be even better than this one! :)

Just popping in to say that Viper's air burnkick is a bunch of garbage that has no reason to be that safe on block.

Also just fought a hilarious Ken match where he SRK'd 3 times in a row, each one being punished by my cr.MK. Then he did a FIERCE one, which got SPD'd.

jbug617

Banned
what's going on with eLive? I'm hearing they are forcing their sponsor players to cast on eLive and if you don't they will drop you.

So I went to a local yesterday and only competed in AE. The turnout was less than the last one I went to but the players were better (majority of them went to Final Round). I didn't win a single game. Lost to a Honda and then the same Blanka player I lost to last time. Still need to level up.

So I went to a local yesterday and only competed in AE. The turnout was less than the last one I went to but the players were better (majority of them went to Final Round). I didn't win a single game. Lost to a Honda and then the same Blanka player I lost to last time. Still need to level up.

My local dropped from 42 to 16 during SFxT's first month. I hope it can stay put and steadily climb its way back up. I entered but didn't play because they didn't start AE until SFxT finals ended, and when that happened I had to leave to meet some friends. Hopefully they can run SF4 earlier in the next one. I haven't been playing much but this is still favorite between the two.

My local dropped from 42 to 16 during SFxT's first month. I hope it can stay put and steadily climb its way back up. I entered but didn't play because they didn't start AE until SFxT finals ended, and when that happened I had to leave to meet some friends. Hopefully they can run SF4 earlier in the next one. I haven't been playing much but this is still favorite between the two.

This was the second time we had this local, so the first time we ran SFxT. From talking with the players, most of them think SFxT is ass. Some of them think the game is fun but they don't like the current state of the game and what Capcom is doing with the dlc. I'm pretty sure a lot of players will come back to SF4.

Top Bottom