• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

This was the second time we had this local, so the first time we ran SFxT. From talking with the players, most of them think SFxT is ass. Some of them think the game is fun but they don't like the current state of the game and what Capcom is doing with the dlc. I'm pretty sure a lot of players will come back to SF4.

You said most of the guys in your local went to Final Round, do you live in the South East? I'm from NC so a ton of guys where from my local went to Final Round. But anyways, even when Marvel came out SF4 normally gets more players most of the time so I hope all those guys who dropped out are just taking a break and will be back. If not, at least try to play both games. That's what I'm going to do in the next one, play both SFxT and SF4(not Marvel though, the game is not for me).

You said most of the guys in your local went to Final Round, do you live in the South East? I'm from NC so a ton of guys where from my local went to Final Round. But anyways, even when Marvel came out SF4 normally gets more players most of the time so I hope all those guys who dropped out are just taking a break and will be back. If not, at least try to play both games. That's what I'm going to do in the next one, play both SFxT and SF4(not Marvel though, the game is not for me).

I live in SC. Most of the players here like Marvel, but it also seems a lot of them are enjoying KoF and maybe SC5.

USD

April 8 at 12PM JST (+9 UTC, April 7 11PM EDT) TOPANGA will be holding the 2nd TOPANGA Charity Cup. This is an SSFIV AE Ver.2012 5on5 Single-elimination tournament. Just like last year there will be a web donation page, and all proceeds will be given to the Japanese Red Cross Society.

Here are the current (full team) entries listed on the registration page:

TOPANGA
Mago (Fei Long)
TOKIDO (Akuma)
Bon-chan (Sagat)
Fuudo (Fei Long)
Umehara (Ryu)

Night Safari
sako (Ibuki)
Haitani (Makoto)
Uryo (Sakura)
Momochi (Cody)
YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim)

Souka-zei
Bachiguro (Adon)
Chichimonda Honda∞ (M.Bison)
Mario (Cody)
Marty (Rufus)
Reitan no Akimon (Ken)

Domino-zei
Gen'ei no Domino (Juri)
Bishou no Domino (Juri)
Haraguro no Domino (Chun-Li)
Hien no Domino (Ibuki)
Kazegiri no Domino (Ibuki)

Yang TOP5
Kyoku (Yang)
ACQUA (Yang)
Visor Sanma (Yang)
Ojisan Boy (Yang)
Nemo (Yang)

Arashi Chara Bokumetsu Iinkai
Catherine Tanaka (El Fuerte)
Enceladus (Gouken)
Ranmaru (Cody)
*Soy Master* (Adon)
Attamamakoto (Makoto)

Gachimuchi Man Kokusai?
Kuroken (Dudley)
France-Jin (Cody)
Haneyama (Juri)
Y. (Cammy)
Kawaguuchi (Rose)

BET50
R (Guy)
Arai (Vega)
Shiro (Makoto)
VER (Gouken)
Rokotsu (Gen)

Takada Baba Mikado Shokyuusha Taikai-zei
Mizoguchi (Dudley)
Tom Neko (Fei Long)
Origin (Gouken)
Koucha (Cammy)
Fin (Yun)

Thrill Drive
Sasu-nii (Fei Long)
Animusu (M.Bison)
Ogawa (Ryu)
Sakamoto (M.Bison)
Shuu (Chun-Li)

Yukaina Deshi-tachi to Joseki no Hito to Mister X
Mura○ (Yun)
Nabe (Akuma)
Suda (Ryu)
Negi (Ibuki)
Sentosu (M.Bison)

Dragon Boy Z
Dragon Boy (Balrog)
Hagejin (Zangief)
Akutagawa (Dudley)
Dumitrescu no Hidariashi (Guy)
Waikee (Juri)

Eirin-san Happy Birthday!!
Choco (Blanka)
Karasu. (Adon0
Gohan desuyo (Sakura)
Gyasuko (Chun Li)
Iirii (Juri)

Tsukuba to Inco to Shino-chan to
Keshikaran (Rose)
Gangu (Guy)
Garamu (T.Hawk)
Inco (Rufus)
Shinoyama Daisensei (Oni)

Jukujo Suki Gamer
Yuu★ (Akuma)
Michun (Cammy)
Shitamachi Prince (Cody)
M Dash (Sakura)
Kyabetsu (C.Viper)

Neko Punch
Nyanshi (Sagat)
Wanchan Tarou (Makoto)
Tukiji (M.Bison)
Machaboo (Fei Long)
Shakapo (Yun)

Santarou to Yukai kamoshirenai Nama-tachi
Santarou (Sagat)
NISHIKIN (Blanka)
Younashi (Juri)
Dashio (Seth)
Reiketsu (Vega)

Jiji Produce
Strike-san (Ken)
NO--NAME (Makoto)
Jiji@Kuroneko (Akuma)
Sakuya style (Cammy)
Pan (Rose)

Poipoi5
Nuki (Seth)
Eita (Akuma)
Kindevu (Rufus)
Dogura (M.Bison)
RF (Sagat)

Makeru Youso wa ZERO
Aques (Guy)
Ginger (Adon)
Ooku (Rosu)
Tukushi (Cody)
Kiyomatsu (Guy)

Ageo Busters!
Minkoron (Ryu)
Ao Hige Taishou (Cody)
Easter Moai (Chun-Li0
Hemoguro (E.Honda)
Shishou (El Fuerte)

KaoTV!
Soushihan KSK (Abel)
Kazunoko (Yun)
Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
Nekojita (Abel)
Naruo (Evil Ryu)

Shinjitsu no Gnosis
Gakkii (Ryu)
Tomato (Cody)
Sappy (Balrog)
Nagato (Makoto)

KnacK5
Dede (Makoto)
kim310 (Akuma)
Udayan (C.Viper)
Kame (Yang)
Hegii (Cammy)

Driver's High
Sabo☆Hani(C.Viper)
ug (Guile)
Kaiteki (Makoto)
Meu (Makoto)
Kindoo (Fei Long)

Angry☆Song
Karipaku (Cody)
Mepu (Sagat)
Marugori (Makoto)
Hamu (Guy)
Shitone (Adon)

Ikari no Pero Binman
Yoshiwo (Guile)
Shungoku Neurosis (M.Bison)
Hanamaruki (Sagat)
Ikari Oyaji (Cody)
Perperoman (C.Viper)

Speed no Mukou Gawa e...
Benjii (Fei Long)
Kaneman (Cammy)
Mujakou (Juri)
Gachada (Yun)
Nanashi no Gonbee (Cody)

25F
Jonichi (Ken)
Gonzo☆ (Rose)
Uuuu (Rose)
Super Luigi (Cody)
Ekoda (Chun-Li)

Kosuri-zei
AOI (Sagat)
Kiharu Boy (Sagat)
KOICHINKO (Sakura)
Tonpy (C.Viper)
Gasshuku (C.Viper)

Tamamii-zei
Mashii (Ryu)
Dey (Yang)
Kuroneko (Akuma)
Nantoka (Gouken)
Hibiki (Dan)

Sokuseki Team
Zangitan (Zangief)
Gacha Boy (Adon)
Kuma (M.Bison)
Tsubapii (Balrog)
Kubobuu (Rufus)

April 8 at 12PM JST (+9 UTC, April 7 11PM EDT) TOPANGA will be holding the 2nd TOPANGA Charity Cup. This is an SSFIV AE Ver.2012 5on5 Single-elimination tournament. Just like last year there will be a web donation page, and all proceeds will be giving to the Japanese Red Cross Society.

Yang Top 5
Kyoku (Yang)
ACQUA (Yang)
Visor Sanma (Yang)
Ojisan Boy (Yang)
Nemo (Yang)

Welp, I know who am I rooting for.

Which stream site are they gonna be using ?
please not nico or whatever the name of that terrible japanese streaming site

So I decided to play AE for the first time since the beginning of this month. But I did it on PC where I have historically had really bad lag issues for a while now, except I forgot this. After about 5 or 6 matches I raged so hard that I shut it off to play on Xbox. I had some nice matches, including losing 2 in a row to this Ryu where we both played extremely wreckless. But it was close and fun still, I should have won the 2nd but my Ultra whiffed in the corner because I somehow went underneath him as he was falling. I play a few more matches and lose one that got me extremely salty, but I couldn't get him back for a rematch so I see 801 Striker(aka Gustavo), I play him and I guess he has no match up experience with Evil Ryu because I was hitting him repeatedly with dive kicks and EX axe kick. I won the match and I'm going to call it quits for now. No, I'm not going to be one of those guys and upload my one win against a well known player, but I may keep it around just to make myself eel good sometimes.

Overall I'm looking forward to playing more AE again, I had to get some SFxT out of my system though. I kept trying to do Ryu's cr. MPx2, cr. MK combo with Evil Ryu and of course that doesn't work. But anyways, on the Xbox side this game isn't anywhere close to dead from the looks of it. It looks like nothing has changed for the most part. Sometimes you have a hard time finding people, other times your results is filled to capacity. I know SF4 related news is slow these days but I hope we can all try to do our best to keep this thread alive.

Why in the fuck did Sasaki strip down to his draws on Eita's stream?

-_-

Are you kidding or did this really happen?

Oh and props to you BV, I'm always checking out your channel on Youtube for SF4 videos since SF4 related videos have slowed down since SFxT came out. I missed that Japanese stream because of work, but was able to watch it thanks to you uploading it. Thanks again man and keep it up.

Are you kidding or did this really happen?

Oh and props to you BV, I'm always checking out your channel on Youtube for SF4 videos since SF4 related videos have slowed down since SFxT came out. I missed that Japanese stream because of work, but was able to watch it thanks to you uploading it. Thanks again man and keep it up.

Thanks mang, I'm trying! :D It's an ass load of work.

Regarding the Sasaki/Eita stream, yeah I'm not kidding. They're both playing AE on the stream, both at their own homes video chatting...next thing you see Sasaki taking off an article of clothing each match. At the end, he's down to nothing but his draws.

If you have NicoNico premium account, you can watch the archive here.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv87628845

The weirdness goes down @30:30

toypop

They just played "lose one game, take one cloth off" game for fun. It was FT5 "clothes" game with random character picking.
Unfortunately Sasaki picked unfamiliar characters like T.Hawk or Hakan (twice), and lost with 2-5 or such.
Eita also asked viewers not to re-upload these matches. So plz don't re-upload.

They just played "lose one game, take one cloth off" game for fun. It was FT5 "clothes" game with random character picking.
Unfortunately Sasaki picked unfamiliar characters like T.Hawk or Hakan (twice), and lost with 2-5 or such.
Eita also asked viewers not to re-upload these matches. So plz don't re-upload.

Trust me, I won't.

Man, SFxT has really fucked up my timing in AE. My BnB for Evil Ryu is jab jab strong tatsu on standing opponents. I missed the jab to strong link so often today that I shouted loudly a number of times in anger, fortunately I didn't destroy anything though. My team in SFxT is Kazuya and Ryu, and there cr. MP is +9 and +7 on hit respectively. Lets just say going back to "only +5 feels kind of weak. I almost felt like I had to chain my strong into jab because I was constantly late to linking it. Gotta brush up on my timing again.

Imm0rt4l

Man, SFxT has really fucked up my timing in AE. My BnB for Evil Ryu is jab jab strong tatsu on standing opponents. I missed the jab to strong link so often today that I shouted loudly a number of times in anger, fortunately I didn't destroy anything though. My team in SFxT is Kazuya and Ryu, and there cr. MP is +9 and +7 on hit respectively. Lets just say going back to "only +5 feels kind of weak. I almost felt like I had to chain my strong into jab because I was constantly late to linking it. Gotta brush up on my timing again.

Ryu's links are stupid easy in sfxt, it's kinda dumb. But he's on my team so whatever.

Satyamdas

Banned
He is free to T.Hawk.

7b3cW.jpg

Sim is free to Yun. Yun is not free to Hawk.

Find Daigo Yun vs F. Champ Sim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vx48kvPssE
First part is Sim vs Ryu
Second is Sim vs Yun

I was about to say this until I saw your post.

Daigo's Ryu vs Champ's Sim = 2-3, about 20 minutes long
Daigo's Yun vs Champ's Sim = 3-0, about 5 minutes long.

Champ's only won 1 round, and in that round he was almost dead but was able to land a Super(on wake up) and Ultra(on Daigo's wake up) consecutively. Unless the Sim player is the better player by far, he's not going to win that match up a vast majority of the time. Dhalsim can't even afford to block a EX lunge punch because that gets Yun in safely.

In my opinion, match ups that are 6-4's are still winnable matchups. But once you get in the 7-3, 8-2 , or worse match ups then they become "free". That doesn't mean they're unwinnable but the chance of you winning against a similarly skilled player is slim to none. Some examples of these are Blanka vs T.Hawk, Chun Vs Gief, Yang vs Ryu, Sim vs Yun, Guile vs Bison, Threi vs SSF4 etc.

unwinnable isn't a real word

Shoutouts to Clockwork for setting up the Fight for Youth Tournament. It's a way for our community to give something to another community of schools and children. It can also represent our community in a positive light after all the negative stuff that has been happening recently.

Shame he won't be running AE =(

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Daigo's book seems to be selling out at a lot of locations, and it's currently number 5 on the top 100 best selling books on Amazon Japan. Hopefully if it sells enough someone will bother to translate it.

I heard that Daigo was studying to be a nurse, I think it was on fgtv is where I heard it so the source is already as solid as an old woman's hip.

MIMIC

Banned
I probably should have just booted the person I was about to play next. It didn't even occur to me to do that at the time. lol

Top Bottom