• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Awwyeah.jpg

Triple Bro Fist(yours, mine, and Daigo's)

Team SF4 all the way(until SF5 that is). But honestly I'm actually somewhat disappointed that he's not playing SFxT. I wanted to see how he would perform in that game, although I still wanted SF4 to be his main focus. Although it looks like that's his only focus and will remain that way.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I feel like playing Æ tonight. Looks like Twitch/JTV is implementing something. I see the words "premium broadcasting."

Edit: Yep.

VTqHi.png

lHyHa.png

K.Sabot

What's the point of kicking people you beat from your game when there are only 2 people playing AE on PC in the first place?

People online are douchebags.

K.Sabot

Ugh, I'm gonna have to stop playing PC... nobody plays it at all anymore.

Now I come back to PSN and have to deal with my NAT... wait a fucking minute I HAVE NAT FUCKING 2 NOW?

HOW THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN? Still can't connect to Kadey though. Oh I got in, THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS.

MIMIC

Banned
I think I just played my best match of Street Fighter EVER.

I was going for my 10th consecutive win (and you know how the 10th one always turns out to be the most difficult one) so I'm matched up with this B+ Cody. Ugh...why couldn't it be a Ryu n00b?

I win the 1st round. 2nd round, I turn on the beast mode.

Fast-forward......I stun him (in only 13 seconds, lol) and despite how fast things are going, I still have the presence of mind to know when my Super bar will max out.

Focus attack > RSF 2x *SUPER BAR MAX* > SUPER

KO. Perfect. 10th win. OMG, it was so sweet. I so have to upload this ^_^

What's the point of kicking people you beat from your game when there are only 2 people playing AE on PC in the first place?

People online are douchebags.

I stopped playing PC because the lags been horrid for me. I tried again last week and had 4 laggy games in a row. It frustrated me so badly that I shut it off to play on Xbox.

When Makoto dashes full screen toward me I freeze up.

Every. Single. Time.

Well not exactly full screen, but mid screen dash in's into command throw, they almost always work on me. I lost to this Makoto twice in a row because of this alone. I dominated him each time, but he kept landing ultra on me because of dash in command throw. In the last round of our last match, I had a big lead and got ultra'd. I was still alive but then he dashed in and grabbed me again and killed me. Dude was just a one trick pony, I got so frustrated that I started telling myself stuff like "if we played a FT10, I would put $100 down and you can just put in $20. I'm that confident that I'll win that I'll wager 5 times as much as you".

Nyoro SF

I usually dash towards Makotos just to fuck with their spacing.

I guess it also helps that Fei Long has the advantage in that matchup.

jlai

I thought he was talking dash from full screen where you don't really get an OS setup. From a reset position like that with Dudley I can just press jab xx ssb and it'll beat it. Sucks for other characters that have to deal with that mixup though.

Edit: Wait, doesn't that lose to mash throw?

Hah, it does. But then that's what instant axe kick is for if I feel like they're going with throw. Or I think s.mp can stuff the throw's startup.. not a frame data guy.

I never heard the Alex Valle one. He wasn't really big until 1996 when they were making the SF III. Though anything is possible.

And Seth K has confirmed on numerous occasions that Seth was named after him. I think it was a terrible name for the boss character.

How is that any worse than "Gill"?

cackhyena

Played this last night after shelving it for over a month. Even with how much more fucked up the netcode became after AE dropped, this game still shits all over SFxT's. So much smoother. Fucking disgusting how many hours I've put into 4 since it came out.

USD

Known about this event for a bit, but haven't posted any info yet. April 28-29 is the Nico Nico Chou Kaigi (Nico Nico Super Conference). Within that event is Chou Tougeki (Super Tougeki), a special qualifier for Tougeki 2012. The winners for their respective games earn a spot in the finals bracket for Tougeki 2012, totally skipping the qualifier rounds. The interesting thing is that the AE qualifier will not only be singles (winner gets to pick two teammates), but is also double-elimination.

There also will be a concept match event for AE, featuring 8 star players. Five have been announced so far: Haitani, Fuudo, MDR, Mago and Tokido.

Chou Tougeki (Super Tougeki) "Tougeki 2012 Special Qualifier" (JP)

April 28
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver.2012 (Singles, Double Elimination)
Virtua Fighter5 Final Showdown

There will also be a tourney for Touhou Hisou Tensoku that day.

April 29
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited
Aquapazza

No qualifiers for the console titles (SCV, UMvC3).

April 29 at 3:30PM JST (2:30AM EDT): SSFIV AE Concept Match
Haitani, Fuudo, MDR, Mago, Tokido and 3 others yet to be announced.

Known about this event for a bit, but haven't posted any info yet. April 28-29 is the Nico Nico Chou Kaigi (Nico Nico Super Conference). Within that event is Chou Tougeki (Super Tougeki), a special qualifier for Tougeki 2012. The winners for their respective games earn a spot in the finals bracket for Tougeki 2012, totally skipping the qualifier rounds. The interesting thing is that the AE qualifier will not only be singles (winner gets to pick two teammates), but is also double-elimination.

There are will be a concept match event for AE, featuring 8 star players. Five have been announced so far: Haitani, Fuudo, MDR, Mago and Tokido.

Chou Tougeki (Super Tougeki) "Tougeki 2012 Special Qualifier" (JP)

April 28
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver.2012 (Singles, Double Elimination)
Virtua Fighter5 Final Showdown

April 29
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited
Aquapazza

No qualifiers for the console titles (SCV, UMvC3).

April 29 at 3:30PM JST (2:30AM EDT): SSFIV AE Concept Match
Haitani, Fuudo, MDR, Mago, Tokido and 3 others yet to be announced.

Wasn't Daigo voted in by fans and he will recieve an invitation (no idea if he will accept though) for the concept matches? I remember there being a poll and Daigo got the majority of the voted during the nico nico stream.

USD

Wasn't Daigo voted in by fans and he will recieve an invitation (no idea if he will accept though) for the concept matches? I remember there being a poll and Daigo got the majority of the voted during the nico nico stream.

I'm expecting him to be there, but that was just an informal poll I believe.

Top Bottom