• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

USD

Wanted to wait until I got the FGW thread for this week up before posting info on Chou Tougeki, will post that info there.

Reare footage of Pandaman playing SF?

Wrong Pand-guy. The person Kadey was playing was Pandemic.

You seem to upload a lot of dictator matches Black Vegeta. Just curious, is he one of your favorite chars and do you use him?

I think that was BV's first main character(until the infamous Timedog situation, j/k lol). He switched to Balrog later but a short while back when AE came out I played his Bison in a long set so I guess he still plays him as a secondary or maybe switched back to him.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Think of him as the adoring fan in Oblivion. And playing SFXT will really mess up your game in AE. Links and combos are so much easier in the former. Plus jumping around like an idiot is a good thing where-as in AE you could get blown up.

You seem to upload a lot of dictator matches Black Vegeta. Just curious, is he one of your favorite chars and do you use him?

Yeah, Bipson and Rawg are my favorites. I would upload Rawg as well but most of the Japanese Rawg players suck balls. I've been uploading alot other characters for the variety.

Rice, don't you start shit! >:|

hertog

After getting my ass handed to me in a lot of SFxTekken matches, it feels so good playing and winning so much with Blanka online.

I missed his hops mix-ups, his godlike anti-air, cross-up defence and his trolling headbite so much.

LOL BV, it won't happen again.

After getting my ass handed to me in a lot of SFxTekken matches, it feels so good playing and winning so much with Blanka online.

I missed his hops mix-ups, his godlike anti-air, cross-up defence and his trolling headbite so much.

Go back to SFxT, you're not wanted here

Do you think he can retain his "annoyingness" in SFxT? He wasn't a bad match up for Ryu or several other characters, just extremely annoying. He would just pity pat you to death with pokes and gimmicks like hop throw or hop electricity. I get the feeling he won't be as bad in that game in the annoying department(hop shenanigans on wake up are gone lol), but we'll see.

But yeah, fuck Blanka and all the people who play them.

hertog

But yeah, fuck Blanka and all the people who play them.

That's how I feel about all the boring & bland people who play Ryu :p

Blanka-backward-roll-alp.gif

El Sloth

Banned
Re-posting this in all the fighting game threads:

This seems like a good time to post that I just set up what I hope to be a FGC catch-all channel for GAF on IRC:

#gafilluminati (props to Stabby McSter for the name!)

on Dorksnet servers (irc.wiicafe.com, irc.gamecubecafe.com, irc.browsingtheinternet.com))

Mibbit link for those that don't have a chat program:
http://mibbit.com/?channel=#gafilluminati&server=irc.browsingtheinternet.com

I recommend downloading XChat or mIRC though.

It's pretty quiet right now, but it was only literally just made 20 minutes ago. Probably best used during streams, but come and talk about whatever the hell you guys want.

Daigo (Ryu) vs Sako (Ibuki) FT50 that happened last night from Zhi's Twitter:

Gods race to 50 at Sega Avion Daigo. ○○●○○○●○●●○○●○●○○○○○ sako ●●○●●●○●○○●●○●○●●●●● Daigo ○○●●○●●○○●○●○○●○○●●○ sako ●●○○●○○●●○●○●●○●●○○●

2nd half ウメ. ○○○○○●●○○●●○●●○●○○○○ sako ●●●●●○○●●○○●○○●○●●●● ウメ. ●○○○○○○○●●○●○●○○○ 50 sako ○●●●●●●●○○●○●○●●● 27

Final score Daigo 50 / Sako 27

Daigo having 2nd thoughts about switching back to Yun or he just wanted to play Ryu in this long set? I know we all read that he will, but we haven't seen any sign of it yet. Too bad Japan seems to be so hidden when it comes to the arcade scene.

BadWolf

Daigo (Ryu) vs Sako (Ibuki) FT50 that happened last night from Zhi's Twitter:

Gods race to 50 at Sega Avion Daigo. ○○●○○○●○●●○○●○●○○○○○ sako ●●○●●●○●○○●●○●○●●●●● Daigo ○○●●○●●○○●○●○○●○○●●○ sako ●●○○●○○●●○●○●●○●●○○●

2nd half ウメ. ○○○○○●●○○●●○●●○●○○○○ sako ●●●●●○○●●○○●○○●○●●●● ウメ. ●○○○○○○○●●○●○●○○○ 50 sako ○●●●●●●●○○●○●○●●● 27

Final score Daigo 50 / Sako 27

Damn, thats a pretty big gap.

Sako couldn't beat Kazunoko's Yun in that stream where he was playing against various top players so dunno if Daigo wanted to mix things up but either way I don't think his Yun would have had much trouble.

yo blackvegeta, keep up the great work with the videos (dat roo!)

I gave up on fighting games...I am too busy with juggling a job and school to play anymore. But I still really enjoy watching high-level Japanese play

Never congratulated USD, congrats man. But remember, WE MADE YOU. Without the GAF SF4 thread, you'd be nothing(j/k). But yeah, just remember to drop by sometimes(preferably with JPN translations) since you're Hollywood now.

USD

cackhyena

yo blackvegeta, keep up the great work with the videos (dat roo!)

I gave up on fighting games...I am too busy with juggling a job and school to play anymore. But I still really enjoy watching high-level Japanese play

Word. Only discovered your stuff a few days ago, but it's my new other fix after YF24 for sure.

Got back from another local. Will not be going to anymore until finals are over. Lost to the same Blanka player again =/ I just cannot beat his patterns. Also lost to a Sim player. It was at another venue and the turnout was poor sadly, so all we did was AE. We only had like 7 people enter, and I managed to go 2-2. I was sad with the low turnout but still had a fun night regardless.

Got back from another local. Will not be going to anymore until finals are over. Lost to the same Blanka player again =/ I just cannot beat his patterns. Also lost to a Sim player. It was at another venue and the turnout was poor sadly, so all we did was AE. We only had like 7 people enter, and I managed to go 2-2. I was sad with the low turnout but still had a fun night regardless.

Dude, if you live in upstate South Carolina near the border of NC and SC, come to Charlotte. A great guy named Tactiks holds a monthly tournament called the Rock'em Sock'em. He's been growing it over the past year and half and recently we've been averaging about 60-70 players per tourney. The Capcom 3 have strong turnouts, but even side games like KOF or MK have decent turnouts(10-15 range). So if you live close enough, come check it out. Me and Hitokage are regulars(ok, maybe not me, but I've been going recently) there so you won't be the only GAF'er around.

Top Bottom