• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Proud moment this weekend - I finally completed all 24 trials for one character (Bison). I have tried to get through them before with a bunch of different characters but would always give up frustrated if I didn't nail one within 10-15 tries. This time I was determined to succeed. A couple of them took me probably 30-40 attempts, but for the most part I can get through them all relatively easily now. That has helped tremendously with combo timing (for all characters) and execution.

Anyway, small feat for most I know but this was a real breakthrough for me!

Which trials did people find the hardest/easiest?

I tried doing it for the characters I play the most, Akuma/Ryu, but couldn't do it since I suck at hitting those links, then I tried T.Hawk and did it pretty fast so I guess he's one of the easiest.

Will Capcom fighters benefit from any of this is my question? Will Capcom finally jump on board and let MLG use there fighters? Will Twitch's involvement benefit FGC streams more? No offense to the other guys, but I'm a Capcom guy and I want to see there games at the top. Besides that, that's where the bulk of the players are as well.

cackhyena

My question is why do all these streamers have to keep switching it up? Can't even remember the new one's name that Spooky and Art have been trying out that's shit compared to Twitch. Why switch at all if it's working that well?

Axis

Will Capcom fighters benefit from any of this is my question? Will Capcom finally jump on board and let MLG use there fighters? Will Twitch's involvement benefit FGC streams more? No offense to the other guys, but I'm a Capcom guy and I want to see there games at the top. Besides that, that's where the bulk of the players are as well.

but AE is their only good game out right now...

My question is why do all these streamers have to keep switching it up? Can't even remember the new one's name that Spooky and Art have been trying out that's shit compared to Twitch. Why switch at all if it's working that well?

cuz twitch is full of morans like jared? and i don't think they were getting paid correctly...

jbug617

Banned

Spooky said that Twitch is very inconsistent on the East Coast. It wasn't about money because he said they were about the same. I personally have no problems with own3d because the stream looks good but people really dislike the chat.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't want to state my theory, maybe when the time is right since I don't want to make enemies or burn any bridges but there is a lot of behind the scenes bs. Let's just leave it at that.

Axis

Spooky said that Twitch is very inconsistent on the East Coast. It wasn't about money because he said they were about the same. I personally have no problems with own3d because the stream looks good but people really dislike the chat.

what are people so up in arms about? cuz there's no kappa or other emoticons? using an irc based chat seems perfectly fine to me.

what are people so up in arms about? cuz there's no kappa or other emoticons? using an irc based chat seems perfectly fine to me.

I know it sounds stupid and incredibly lazy, but I guess people just want to know that there is only one place to find all there streaming needs. And when they're there, everything will look and feel the same. Just the fact that Own3D is a different site with a different design(even though you're getting the same result, watch the stream with a chat), it bothers people. All that is just my opinion though, oh and I guess the lack of kappa's hurt as well.

As for Capcom's games being good or not. I'm a avid SF4 fan, but no matter how you feel about Marvel you can't deny it's popularity with the viewers. So naturally the games people want to watch and play should be at the top right? You don't see Indie bands selling millions of copies no matter how much better they are in OT GAF's opinion compared to the mainstream stuff that is out there right now.

For me it's less about the chat (although it is an issue) and more about all the streams I watch being in one place. The chat is an issue because even though it uses IRC, Mibbit is banned from the specific server that Spooky uses so I can't use the chat at all unless I open up a new window.

It's nitpicky, I'll admit, but I don't like having to have a separate window for chat when I have a tab dedicated to that same chat but in different servers.

Axis

the chat just isn't a big deal at all...i close the chat on streams anyway. i feel like that's a super petty reason to dislike the site. maybe something like their archive system(which sucks) but own3d has NEVER lagged for me whereas twitch is a piece of shit 20% of the time.

CBS the TV channel is kinda wack but CBSi seems like they are making smart moves with gaming. GameSpot & Giant Bomb on the team, now Twitch and maybe State of the Game joining them.
Ooh, sounds good.
the chat just isn't a big deal at all...i close the chat on streams anyway. i feel like that's a super petty reason to dislike the site. maybe something like their archive system(which sucks) but own3d has NEVER lagged for me whereas twitch is a piece of shit 20% of the time.

I like the chat at times, and I've never had a problem with Twitch. It's Spooky's decision though, so it's not like I have any say in the matter.

I wonder if CBS does take over Twitch what would that mean for IPL, since they already stream at Twitch, I don't think they'll be that happy if their competitor took over their broadcasting partner.

I wonder if CBS does take over Twitch what would that mean for IPL, since they already stream at Twitch, I don't think they'll be that happy if their competitor took over their broadcasting partner.

I think CBS is teaming with them separately. I don't think this means Twitch, MLG and NASL are going to become one entity.

Edgeward

All the earlier trial talk got me wondering what else is easy to complete. Any trial I complete must be easy because I lack any execution. So add T Hawk and Dudley to the list. I would add Sim too but trial 24 is stupid. I hate comboing off a FA crumple. The timing and animation is wonky to me to time it and not have them juggle.

I had to cheat on Sim's 23 as well since the order they want you to land it to too frustrating. I feel for Sim players because of the way inputs are interpreted you can too easily get the wrong command - teleport/super/ultra too often. But not enough to feel too bad because fuck Sim.

Satyamdas

Banned
All the earlier trial talk got me wondering what else is easy to complete. Any trial I complete must be easy because I lack any execution. So add T Hawk and Dudley to the list. I would add Sim too but trial 24 is stupid. I hate comboing off a FA crumple. The timing and animation is wonky to me to time it and not have them juggle.

I had to cheat on Sim's 23 as well since the order they want you to land it to too frustrating. I feel for Sim players because of the way inputs are interpreted you can too easily get the wrong command - teleport/super/ultra too often. But not enough to feel too bad because fuck Sim.
9lflr.gif

Aedile

I personally have no problems with own3d because the stream looks good but people really dislike the chat.

If anything, I like Own3d because most of the trolls that made Justin chat unreadable during tournaments didn't migrate over there. Part of the appeal of watching tournaments is the stream monster community--yeah, I'm one of those people who has nostalgic memories of the Gootecks meme at EVO 2009--and having it steadily degenerate over the years has just made me less likely to tune in.

In case you and others haven't realized Capcom has very clearly aligned themselves with IPL and it seems the annoucement will only strengthen the war lines and make Capcom working with MLG sound more unlikely. Capcom isn't anti ESports, they just don't support MLG.

And people also need to remember that CBS was one of the main supporters of the SOPA, and them being involve in our community is likely to be nothing but bad news.

In case you and others haven't realized Capcom has very clearly aligned themselves with IPL and it seems the annoucement will only strengthen the war lines and make Capcom working with MLG sound more unlikely. Capcom isn't anti ESports, they just don't support MLG.

And people also need to remember that CBS was one of the main supporters of the SOPA, and them being involve in our community is likely to be nothing but bad news.

So is News Corp (IGN's parent company) so we're already there in that regard.

I know SFxT was at SxSW and IPL was splattered all over Cross Assault. But we haven't seen anything from that yet and it's been nearly 2 months now. So I'm just getting a little worried since I expected something a little sooner, but we'll see.

lol you still reppin' cammy?

Edgeward

lol you still reppin' cammy?

I rotate her in on matches on long sets, but never in ranked/FT3 or if asked to bring my main chicken. I just dont have combo gene in me to perform in actual matches yet. And I dont go in the chamber and practice with her either.

In endless sets it goes Sagat, Cammy, then Cody. Any other time and it is strictly the King. It fits my pace and mentality more.

I had more fun playing this than I did SF X T. I think I am going to stick to this. I trained all night, and played some online matches last night. I have yet to beat anyone, but I did get a few disconnects while I was ahead in the match.

I got so close. I find that I panic a lot during the matches when I am ahead. It leads to my down fall.

I had more fun playing this than I did SF X T. I think I am going to stick to this. I trained all night, and played some online matches last night. I have yet to beat anyone, but I did get a few disconnects while I was ahead in the match.

I got so close. I find that I panic a lot during the matches when I am ahead. It leads to my down fall.

Keeping your cool is one of the most important things. If you can get it out of your system and play it cool, you'll do a lot better.

Vice

The hardest thing to do is not chase a win. If you're down by a small amount of life but have lots of time on the clock don't sweat it.

I do the same thing. I need to learn to relax when I'm ahead (or behind really) and stay smart. It's hard to stay calm when you're up, and even harder to avoid panic and desperate moves when you're down.

BTW, I hear about people getting disconnects a lot. I haven't played a ton online, but I've played enough to have won 100 ranked matches (and probably lost 250 LOL). I have literally never seen a disconnect. Is that weird?

I do the same thing. I need to learn to relax when I'm ahead (or behind really) and stay smart. It's hard to stay calm when you're up, and even harder to avoid panic and desperate moves when you're down.

BTW, I hear about people getting disconnects a lot. I haven't played a ton online, but I've played enough to have won 100 ranked matches (and probably lost 250 LOL). I have literally never seen a disconnect. Is that weird?

Disconnects happen, but in my experience nowadays they are a rarity. The vast majority of players out there will take there loss and deal with it. Or they might cry about it with hate mail afterward, but they still won't pull the plug. I think I've had a few disconnects in the past moth or so, but that's in between several hundred matches though.

I remember this happening in Vanilla SF4 a little, but I don't remember this ever happening in Super and beyond. But when someone beat me, they would come back for a rematch, but when I was about to win the rematch they would disconnect. I always got a kick out of that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Last night was all high level people in the lobby except for Panda. Was fun despite being tired and just auto piloting. Kept me awake. People who were there knows what I'm talking about.

Viper is fun to just go all out, same goes for Yun. You either blow up or get blown up. I can be totally dominating in a round with them and a scrub the next.

I really want to play on PC, but my experience is just so bad. And it's definitely not my PC, my specs blow away the system requirements to run this game. But still, my average games are filled with lag and input lag. When I turned off V-sync as a test, the screen tearing nearly cut my eyes open. And I'm not even sure if it really helped the input lag problems I've been having. I would like to play some of you guys though as a further test. I'm sure you guys have good PC's and connections so if I'm still having issues then I just don't know what to think. I play mainly on Xbox because it's been a far better online experience for me among the 3 systems.

Oh and btw, I got into a bad accident at work. I had a big gash right above my ankle and also broke my ankle. I spent 5+ hours at the hospital. It was boring as fuck and I've been in pain for the past 6 hours now. The good news is that my hands are ok so I can still play :D

Top Bottom