• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Degen

STREET FIGHTER THE FOURTHfourthfourth

SUPER AE EDITIONditiondition

TWENTY TWELVE

SMACKIN DOWN PROFESSORS

Ph.D in LOSSES

LESS GO

edit: I post some straight-up indecipherable shit. anyway, BGs and I hope to see you all playing Soulcalibur 5 soon

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i like how all of you have the same or similar psn/gaf names.

ggs!

so nice to play with gaf again, its just a shame that floyd fleed as soon as i arrived. guess he doesnt like the oil.
:p

in related news:
hakan: yay
sakura: :(

i cant even do quarter circles reliably anymore, so i churn butter now.

Joekage

What's up guys, this is cHaotix posting on Joe's account. Just want to give you guys a heads up that Boom Gorillas is streaming Texas Bar Fights round VIII today. We have a lot of top talent from all over Texas, as well as Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas in the building. The lineup includes AE2012, UMVC3, SFXT, Skull Girls, KOF, SCV and BB. It's gonna be a great tourn out with a pretty accurate representation of southern talent, so it'd mean a lot to us if you could come and check it out for a bit.

Boom Gorillas is also doing a promotion today where if you donate 20 bucks to the stream, you'll receive a "Boom Bundle", which includes a shirt, 2 buttons and stickers (the shirt is pretty baller by the way). Thanks again GAF!

K.Sabot

What's up guys, this is cHaotix posting on Joe's account. Just want to give you guys a heads up that Boom Gorillas is streaming Texas Bar Fights round VIII today. We have a lot of top talent from all over Texas, as well as Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas in the building. The lineup includes AE2012, UMVC3, SFXT, Skull Girls, KOF, SCV and BB. It's gonna be a great tourn out with a pretty accurate representation of southern talent, so it'd mean a lot to us if you could come and check it out for a bit.

Boom Gorillas is also doing a promotion today where if you donate 20 bucks to the stream, you'll receive a "Boom Bundle", which includes a shirt, 2 buttons and stickers (the shirt is pretty baller by the way). Thanks again GAF!

Hmm, I want to see these "Oklahoma" players.

They're probably free'er then me. Holy shite, there's a ton of people at that event.

K.Sabot

I can wait in a 1/2 open lobby on PC for 20 minutes with no bites. The more times I tab out and tab back in to check if someone's there, the angrier I get.

Just fight me you dickholes.

vulva

sorry, rufus is the only character that makes me just want to quit playing fighting games all together. I'm normally pretty level headed but I just can't stand playing against him. GGs and all but yeah, I was just getting angry at myself by the end. I apologize for the poor sportsmanship though.

sorry, rufus is the only character that makes me just want to quit playing fighting games all together. I'm normally pretty level headed but I just can't stand playing against him. GGs and all but yeah, I was just getting angry at myself by the end. I apologize for the poor sportsmanship though.

:(, ok no rufus. ggs

vulva

:(, ok no rufus. ggs

I really really really hate being such a poor sport but I have a weird history with rufuses. Every tournament I've entered, i've been eliminated by one etc. Just ends up getting me really angry at myself. The only reason I've started learning makoto was because the match of chun vs rufus is too stupid for me. And I mentally defeat myself before the match starts by psyching myself out that I'll lose.

All my own fault though and I am very sorry for just getting lazy at the end out of irritation. GGs though, your viper's really fun to play against!

gutabo

Happy b-day DBjoseph! And, what a coincidence, happy b-day to me too! I lurk facebook more nowadays("gutabo reds") but shoutouts to GAF FGC and Team Cobra Kai! :D

> Get on losing streak
> Finally about to win a game
> Router disconnects, losing hundreds of points

:|

EDIT: Jesus fuck, I wouldn't mind these disconnects if they didn't happen after a fucking round ended so I look like some kind of jackass.

> Get on losing streak
> Finally about to win a game
> Router disconnects, losing hundreds of points

:|

EDIT: Jesus fuck, I wouldn't mind these disconnects if they didn't happen after a fucking round ended so I look like some kind of jackass.

Sorry to hear that beef

Today I lol'd when I used Dan and see opponents toss me around...Throwing Dan?....lol

AZ Greg

SF4:AE

the ultimate mood killer

never has a game taken me from the utmost best mood i could be in...on top of the world, to game-breaking rage (which doesn't go away like with other games, this one permeates for days) within minutes.

Capcom, Microsoft, pat yourselves on the back.

my fault though....you would think after 4 years i would have learned my lesson

daigo-o.gif

Cody players, why do you press so many buttons????
>:|

So true, now what I love doing is getting them in that sweet spot where I can spam Evil Ryu's st. MK since it's such a good poke now. I actually just beat a 3500pp(before he lost 2 in a row to me). I'm getting a lot of free damage just because these guys refuse to not mash there buttons so hard. I mean damn, I crouch tech as well but I try not to mash it. For me it's like doing a Ryu's cr. MP, cr. MP, sweep link instead of rapid fire like Cody players who seem to do that with all their buttons.

If you're talking about PC, you're not alone.

Oh wait, you are alone.

I'm pretty sure Beef is PS3. He could have been PC if he had won my random select tournament from last year though.

Even if I did win that tournament, I probably would've asked to give the copy to someone else since my computer wouldn't be able to run it.

Not in that case Beef, the circumstances were different. I was giving away a free code that I got for attending EVO. The SFxT tournament was me paying for 2 copies to be sent to two different winners so I had different expectations. It was a while back but a few guys even said if they won it, they would just give it to a friend. Which I had no problem with since I was just handing out a serial key and nothing more.

knee

SF4 Gaf-- this is a little of an offshoot, but I'd appreciate your feedback.

I've been playing fighting games forever and love the fighting community. I travel to tournaments, but rarely enter-- I play characters that I like, even if it means putting me at a disadvantage. I've found that I want to do a little more community wise though.

So-- I'm launching a small t-shirt store pretty soon. I have some completed designs that I'll be running soon. I'll be taking pre-orders, but I'm not soliciting pre-orders here. i just have a couple questions.

Regardless, here's are my questions and a tl;dr What would get you to buy a fighting game related shirt? Would the design have to scream out 'FGC' or do you prefer more subtle design cues?

EDIT: Also, does anyone have a definitive answer on whether character silhouettes are okay to print (without running into legal trouble)?

notworksafe

I own a BT Magneto shirt that I like because it's semi-subtle. I also like some of the Eternal Rival stuff as it manages to reference fighting game stuff without being too unattractive. I guess the key for me is to toe that line of referencing without being garish.

Of course I also have the EVO shirts and Fighting GAF shirts too, but I wouldn't wear those out to anywhere but a tourney or similar event.

BHK3

Banned
SF4 Gaf-- this is a little of an offshoot, but I'd appreciate your feedback.

I've been playing fighting games forever and love the fighting community. I travel to tournaments, but rarely enter-- I play characters that I like, even if it means putting me at a disadvantage. I've found that I want to do a little more community wise though.

So-- I'm launching a small t-shirt store pretty soon. I have some completed designs that I'll be running soon. I'll be taking pre-orders, but I'm not soliciting pre-orders here. i just have a couple questions.

Regardless, here's are my questions and a tl;dr What would get you to buy a fighting game related shirt? Would the design have to scream out 'FGC' or do you prefer more subtle design cues?

EDIT: Also, does anyone have a definitive answer on whether character silhouettes are okay to print (without running into legal trouble)?
Screw shirts, I'd pay top dollar for sweat pants that have MAXIMUM written on them.

Top Bottom