• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

XenoRaven

I really want to play on PC, but my experience is just so bad. And it's definitely not my PC, my specs blow away the system requirements to run this game. But still, my average games are filled with lag and input lag. When I turned off V-sync as a test, the screen tearing nearly cut my eyes open. And I'm not even sure if it really helped the input lag problems I've been having. I would like to play some of you guys though as a further test. I'm sure you guys have good PC's and connections so if I'm still having issues then I just don't know what to think. I play mainly on Xbox because it's been a far better online experience for me among the 3 systems.

Oh and btw, I got into a bad accident at work. I had a big gash right above my ankle and also broke my ankle. I spent 5+ hours at the hospital. It was boring as fuck and I've been in pain for the past 6 hours now. The good news is that my hands are ok so I can still play :D
If you're willing to put a small amount work in, try this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366413

I had the same issues, so I followed instructions in that thread for D3DOverrider and now it runs perfectly with no screen tearing.

The fuck, really? Your subscription to Xbox Live actually affects the GFW version? Would this still be the case if you bought it over Steam?

notworksafe

I thought GFWL doesn't require gold to play online? They made a big point of that when advertising the service.

I never had gold when playing vanilla SF4

If you're willing to put a small amount work in, try this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366413

I had the same issues, so I followed instructions in that thread for D3DOverrider and now it runs perfectly with no screen tearing.

I read through it and I have Rivatuner now, but I honestly have no idea what to do. It's like a foreign language to me. What am I suppose to click on. I see the instructions like set it to windows or whatever, but where do I start? Seriously I see that it says the D3DOverrider is a separate program, then where am I suppose to get that? I'm confused as hell right now.

K.Sabot

The fuck, really? Your subscription to Xbox Live actually affects the GFW version? Would this still be the case if you bought it over Steam?

I bought it over steam and registered the CD key with the same account I used for xbox live a long time ago. Therefor, I have to have gold to play online or I get disconnected when I try to hit multiplayer. I thought it was supposed to be like that until I figured out that it was free to play online a month ago.

XenoRaven

I read through it and I have Rivatuner now, but I honestly have no idea what to do. It's like a foreign language to me. What am I suppose to click on. I see the instructions like set it to windows or whatever, but where do I start? Seriously I see that it says the D3DOverrider is a separate program, then where am I suppose to get that? I'm confused as hell right now.
D3DOverrider is part of the RivaTuner package. I'm at work right now and I have class all night so I can't look it up for you right now. I'll try to look at it tonight or tomorrow and get back to you with better instructions.

D3DOverrider is part of the RivaTuner package. I'm at work right now and I have class all night so I can't look it up for you right now. I'll try to look at it tonight or tomorrow and get back to you with better instructions.

Thanks, I wish I didn't have to ask you like this but I really have no idea. I thought it would be as simple as "click on this tab and check mark Vsync". But unfortunately it doesn't seem that easy as I can't find anything like that in this program.

Oh and btw, I got into a bad accident at work. I had a big gash right above my ankle and also broke my ankle. I spent 5+ hours at the hospital. It was boring as fuck and I've been in pain for the past 6 hours now. The good news is that my hands are ok so I can still play :D

God damn.

Cross-posting from the UMvC3 thread: Next week there's going to be a fighting game tournament in Davis at an animecon. I have no clue how big the turnout will be, but apparently FinestKO will be streaming it, plus I might be able to attend. Wish me luck!

Nabs

Thanks, I wish I didn't have to ask you like this but I really have no idea. I thought it would be as simple as "click on this tab and check mark Vsync". But unfortunately it doesn't seem that easy as I can't find anything like that in this program.

Go to the RivaTuner folder (Program Files) and find the D3D folder, it's somewhere in there. Copy it and paste it somewhere. Uninstall Rivatuner.

D3D is pretty simple to use. Just make sure to close your browser before running, or it may not show up in your taskbar.

Aedile

Maybe it's the steam versions because gwfl only version is the same as ever

I've seen various people commenting in this thread and elsewhere (Art tweeted about it some time back) about perceived online performance degradation on PC since 2012 hit. Myself, I considered the PC version the gold standard before, but post-2012 it's no better for me than PSN. I originally thought it might be due to the fact that there were fewer players now, meaning that I was getting paired up with people further away, but back in vanilla I could play people on the other side of the country with no lag.

Lord-Audie said:
I only got responses from 2 PC players....

I play on PC sometimes, but I made the mistake of buying a cheapo stick when my TE gave up the ghost instead of waiting for a tournament and the stick sales that always follow. So I'm AWOL until I mod the thing.

Onemic

God damn.

Cross-posting from the UMvC3 thread: Next week there's going to be a fighting game tournament in Davis at an animecon. I have no clue how big the turnout will be, but apparently FinestKO will be streaming it, plus I might be able to attend. Wish me luck!

Is it gonna be streamed on twitch?

OK guys I got D3DOverrider set up and I played one ranked match against some with 4 bars and it still feels the same. I felt like I was fighting the input lag to get my move out when I wanted it. I'm baffled as to what to do now. Should I change my monitor to gaming mode or something? Would that actually matter? I've played SF4 with my consoles on the default settings all the time and never felt like I was being plagued with input lag like I am now.

Onemic

I'm honestly thinking of selling SFxT to get SSFIV:AE, it seems as if people have migrated back due to all the problems. How's the online?(PSN) is the population coming back now?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I'm honestly thinking of selling SFxT to get SSFIV:AE, it seems as if people have migrated back due to all the problems. How's the online?(PSN) is the population coming back now?

I never have trouble finding games in endless, no matter what time it is, someone is almost always around.

cHaotix8

OK guys I got D3DOverrider set up and I played one ranked match against some with 4 bars and it still feels the same. I felt like I was fighting the input lag to get my move out when I wanted it. I'm baffled as to what to do now. Should I change my monitor to gaming mode or something? Would that actually matter? I've played SF4 with my consoles on the default settings all the time and never felt like I was being plagued with input lag like I am now.

Yeah, I pretty much have the same problem. I spent a good chunk of cash on a nice gaming laptop and the main game I wanted to play on it has input lag, which sucks. Even If I export the game via HDMI to an ASUS monitor I still get lag. That's pretty much the reason why I don't play on PC anymore.

Yeah, I pretty much have the same problem. I spent a good chunk of cash on a nice gaming laptop and the main game I wanted to play on it has input lag, which sucks. Even If I export the game via HDMI to an ASUS monitor I still get lag. That's pretty much the reason why I don't play on PC anymore.

Sorry to hear you have the same problem. The funny thing is that I don't remember having these issues when I first bought AE on my PC when it came out last year on my older computer with lower specs than the one I have now.

Sorry D3DOverrider didn't work out for you Rice. It's been a life saver for me.

There is one thing that I've forgotten to mention throughout all of this. I only experience input lag when playing online. When playing offline in the training mode, it feels fine. But every single person I've played online recently has felt laggy, whether it's the internet lag or the input lag, who knows. And most of these guys I play are 4 bar connections. But I don't think my internet is the problem, it's not the best but it should be good enough(30mbps down, 4mbps up). Whenever I play 4 bar connections on my Xbox, I rarely have lag issues.

I don't want to necessarily blame PC online though because it doesn't look like most people are having the same issue that I'm having(and maybe Chaotix as well?). So like I said, I'm confused about the whole situation. I may have to give up on SF4 PC.

XenoRaven

Silly question, but are you running wired or wireless on your PC? If you're not getting noticeable input lag when playing offline then it's not a problem with D3DOverrider, it's an online lag issue. Weird that you're not experiencing the same type of lag on your 360/PS3 though.

Silly question, but are you running wired or wireless on your PC? If you're not getting noticeable input lag when playing offline then it's not a problem with D3DOverrider, it's an online lag issue. Weird that you're not experiencing the same type of lag on your 360/PS3 though.

I use a wired connection for all 3 systems so that's out of the equation. As for the 3 versions, my only real comparison is the Xbox version. I let my bro use my PS3 so I haven't touched it in a while for SF4 or any game at all. I guess it is a online issue only, but why is that the case, which is what I'm wondering. It's affecting every single match I play against anybody I play.

Just got the game today. Is there a decent strategy guide available like UMvC3? or is it all online like in SRK?

The official strategy guide was not done by the same people who worked on the guides for UMVC3 and SFxT. From what I've read it's not that great and I don't think it's been updated for AE2012. I would hit up the character forums on SRK.

Top Bottom