• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Venfayth

I played this game for the first time in a long time this morning. I'm so damn rusty, haha, missed every single one of my FADC combos.

But I wanna get back in to it!

Moaradin

Yea, I'm probably going to start playing this again over SFxT. At least until the PC version comes out anyways. SSF4 is kinda dead on PC now =(

Lhexh

There is a lot of psn activity, Most of the players that I play against are somewhat more competent now as well. Just picked up my A rank on hawk last night =)

K.Sabot

I want to go back to PS3 now that my town's internet infrastructure got overhauled, but the frame lag on PS3 is killing my interest.

I wanna play on PSN. :(

EDIT: LMAO @ the salt I just received after beating a Honda. He sent me a string of messages that cheered me right up.

"block circle fag"
"piece of shit"
"fuck u cunt"
"block bye bye"
"cum guzzler"
"fuck u"

gg's concieted.

-

you guys need to spend less time talking about playing on psn and more time in gaf chat. :p

EDIT: LMAO @ the salt I just received after beating a Honda. He sent me a string of messages that cheered me right up.

"block circle fag"
"piece of shit"
"fuck u cunt"
"block bye bye"
"cum guzzler"
"fuck u"

What is this? Pandaman? heading home now; you bastards better be on still :|

"block circle fag"
"piece of shit"
"fuck u cunt"
"block bye bye"
"cum guzzler"
"fuck u"

Lol I think we came to the understanding last Friday that we wouldnt play the Honda/Hawk match. That dude is salty as fuck hahahah

Vice

Having a rough time with Roses, so I went to check on her hitboxes.

What the fuck is this shit.

Slide is punishable anywhere but max distance. Same for drills.

Just knock her down. Her only viable options are block or backdash. You can probably throw or jab her out of reversal drill on reaction.

Nyoro SF

Not in the least. OS' remove the process of thinking from your oki game and they're way too good in SF4 in general.

The "process of thinking" in an oki game is just a guess. OS is also a calculated guess, just like Fuudo's amazing foresight Ultra OS against Poongko on his wakeup at EVO 2011.

Unless you're perfectly fine with some of the other braindead escape maneuvers in this game, I recommend incorporating OS into your game.

Also fuck Rose.

Vice

Not only are Rose's hitboxes the "hit all the buttons" variety, but not a single Fei Long OS works on her backdash.

Rekka's blow up a badly timed backdash. I think your command throw can too.

The match-up is very much in Fei's favor, almost any of her block attacks can be punished by a jab into Rekka. I think you can even beat out all of her medium kicks. You can also blow up any blocked cr.MP into drill since it isn't a true blockstring.

Airan

yeah I'm gonna need to do more research on her, I know reversal ex drill isn't foolproof but can't really use my point blank meaty options as the active frames don't last long enough (I play Makoto), which then leaves me open to a throw. and yes that low slide gets me, everytime. you say its punishable but dear God even close up I just get thrown, really gets to my nerves.

I guess its really her amazing frame advantages that irk me, slide into cMP is unpunishable and just keeps me off her back. Backdash is just insane (once tried to U2 against backdash, got U1ed in return). Feel like i need to fight her like fighting a grappler sometimes, at least they don't have a fireball! :p

Masaki_

yeah I'm gonna need to do more research on her, I know reversal ex drill isn't foolproof but can't really use my point blank meaty options as the active frames don't last long enough (I play Makoto), which then leaves me open to a throw. and yes that low slide gets me, everytime. you say its punishable but dear God even close up I just get thrown, really gets to my nerves.

I guess its really her amazing frame advantages that irk me, slide into cMP is unpunishable and just keeps me off her back. Backdash is just insane (once tried to U2 against backdash, got U1ed in return). Feel like i need to fight her like fighting a grappler sometimes, at least they don't have a fireball! :p

You don't need to stuff the EX drill, you can just block it: it takes so long to come out you can easily safe-meaty it. EX Drill is not a viable wake-up option at all.

My general advice to Mak players is to press MP a lot.

Axis

The "process of thinking" in an oki game is just a guess. OS is also a calculated guess, just like Fuudo's amazing foresight Ultra OS against Poongko on his wakeup at EVO 2011.

Unless you're perfectly fine with some of the other braindead escape maneuvers in this game, I recommend incorporating OS into your game.

Also fuck Rose.

Who's giving a pass to braindead(LOL INVINCIBLE) backdashes or retarded reversals? I just think being able to cover multiple options with one input but multiple moves is pretty ridiculous and braindead. It's not about incorporating it into my game...it's just the principle. Like Hawk's ST OS' and Gallon's command throw OS :p

And rose isn't that bad...unless you're playing Jlai.

zlatko

Banned
Contemplating trading in my copy of SFxT for a used copy of Super SF4 and also grabbing MSoft points for SkullGirls.

I've played so much SF4 though and I'm still worn out on it, but SFxT while I'm better at it and enjoy it when time out issues aren't adamant and numerous.

I'd hate to give it up though and then Capcom fix the monkey crap. :(

Vice

If ex drill is used as a wakeup just block. It has ridiculous frame disadvantage on block so you can probably get your maximum punish. Just step right outside of her throw range, about half a character away, when you get the knock down. She can either drill which is blockable, backdash which just pushes her to the corner or do nothing.

For the slide shenanigans just start seeing a pattern in what the Rose you play does after slides. If you waddle a little closer the slide eventually becomes something like -5 on block.

F-Word looks completely lost against your Ibuki. He's even doing desperate things that low to mid level players would do like spam neutral jump thinking that you're going to do something so he can catch you. Are you from London? If you are, why not play at the "Winner Stays On" weekly tournaments. If you can make F-Word look that free, you could really do well at WSO considering that F-Word has been winning AE(beating Ryan Hart on several occasions) lately over there.

Regardless if you can or not, and even if this is only online play. He must be somewhat baffled that he's being dominated by a online player considering he's a seasoned tournament player who has been playing some of the best players from all of Europe and the entire world.

Izuna

Banned
F-Word looks completely lost against your Ibuki. He's even doing desperate things that low to mid level players would do like spam neutral jump thinking that you're going to do something so he can catch you. Are you from London? If you are, why not play at the "Winner Stays On" weekly tournaments. If you can make F-Word look that free, you could really do well at WSO considering that F-Word has been winning AE(beating Ryan Hart on several occasions) lately over there.

Regardless if you can or not, and even if this is only online play. He must be somewhat baffled that he's being dominated by a online player considering he's a seasoned tournament player who has been playing some of the best players from all of Europe and the entire world.

I went to WSO for a team tournament, this was before Canada Cup 2011. I beat F-Word in the tournament then 5-0 in casuals.

The problem is that before I had exams, and now full time/overtime work and studying, so it's basically impossible for me to play in tournaments. I actually don't like tournaments so I mostly played at the Arcades here.

haha I gave away my stick about a week ago

--

Personally, F-Word may be a smarter player at WSO because he has played the people there so much, but in terms of Ibuki knowledge he really lacks it, and we talked about it. He doesn't have the time to learn Unblockables etc. (he tried EX Tsumuji -> cr.HP vs. Ibuki which never works).

But he is the sponsored player and has more passion for the game so I didn't mind.

That sucks to hear. I'm sure you're doing what's best for you. I just think it's too bad that you've been able to develop your skills this much and you don't really have the opportunity to show it off. Maybe you don't care for that kind of thing, but I would have loved to see how you would have done in a big Euro tournament. And I'm in no way a fan of Ibuki lol. But I think it's pretty amazing how far you've gone without heavy(or any) tournament experience.

As for F-Word, it doesn't surprise me that he can't swallow his pride and read your guide on how to improve his Ibuki since you're a no-namer.

Izuna

Banned
That sucks to hear. I'm sure you're doing what's best for you. I just think it's too bad that you've been able to develop your skills this much and you don't really have the opportunity to show it off. Maybe you don't care for that kind of thing, but I would have loved to see how you would have done in a big Euro tournament. And I'm in no way a fan of Ibuki lol. But I think it's pretty amazing how far you've gone without heavy(or any) tournament experience.

As for F-Word, it doesn't surprise me that he can't swallow his pride and read your guide on how to improve his Ibuki since you're a no-namer.

Have you been to any tournaments in Edmonton? Do you know RedCaliburn? Basically it's Shiro420's friend, and she asked me when SSF4 started that she wanted to be the best female Ibuki player in Canada.

So I basically took up teaching Ibuki long before I knew how to play her. I was never really interested in showing off my skills, but I got better because eventually Ibuki players from everywhere started asking questions, and I had to find the answers on the spot.

As you can imagine, so many people, so many different types of questions, I learnt a lot. When I played in Japan and played Iyo that's when I figured I knew the mirror matchup more than anyone else. I beat him 4-1, but I am by no means as good as he is lol.

The number of people who keep urging me to go to a tournament is pretty high... But yeah, it's not possible for me to play frequently with the situation I'm in. I haven't even got SFxT yet.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

No, never been to Edmonton. I'm American, I live in North Carolina which is a state on the East Coast . But anyways, I'm not too naive about the situation, winning a mirror match doesn't mean you're the best player of that character. Especially mirror matches like that one which can be pretty random and pain staking.

But point is, it's not like anybody could beat Justin in the Rufus mirror in a long set. Same goes for Poongko in a Seth mirror or Gamerbee in a Adon mirror. You have to be pretty good to be able to do something like that. Of course that doesn't make you "da bess", but it's still a pretty significant accomplishment. SF4 isn't going anywhere for a while so have plenty of time if you ever want to attend a major tournament.

Oh come on Panda, you know it's the truth. When a character like Rog or Fei Long does too many dash punches/Rekkas, people like me(and there are plenty) will spam neutral jump hoping to punish it instead of being able to react or make a good read instead.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Oh come on Panda, you know it's the truth. When a character like Rog or Fei Long does too many dash punches/Rekkas, people like me(and there are plenty) will spam neutral jump hoping to punish it instead of being able to react or make a good read instead.
its not spam, its tactical jump harass.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
No, never been to Edmonton. I'm American, I live in North Carolina which is a state on the East Coast . But anyways, I'm not too naive about the situation, winning a mirror match doesn't mean you're the best player of that character. Especially mirror matches like that one which can be pretty random and pain staking.

I think he might be thinking of the Calgarian Riceata (the Blanka player).

zlatko

Banned
the skullheart is almost like a gem, you cant spam it though.
do it
ps3 ssf4

Lol can't get PS3 SSF4. Would need another arcade stick, would need AE2012, and my precious DLC costumes would be missing.

I already paid for the AE DLC, so I just need a Super disc for about 15 bucks from gamestop. :p

Izuna

Banned
I thought F-Word would do that... Anyway I took the pictures of the messages so he can't lie and say he won or anything like that.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2421337818.270420.709122818&type=3&permPage=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150738270037819&set=a.492421337818.270420.709122818&type=3

When we first played Ranked, we played 6 Ibuki Mirrors (5-1 to me), and then he invited me to play a FT10 in Endless. He wins 10-9, picks Rufus, loses, then we play another FT5 which are the matches you see on the EdmontonGamers channel. He got annoyed and then said he would body me with his Ken.

Then we played Ranked, and at first he picks Ibuki and wins one mirror, then picks Ken out of confidence. He loses (in Ranked) 10-4 (I still have all the replays so I can take another picture) -- I asked if I could upload and he says sure. The reason why it shows up as a FT5 instead as a FT10 is because there were 2 games in the set where we had to dash back into the corner because of extreme lag. The score in the FT5 is half of the FT10 and I didn't think he would care since it's online matches anyway.

Izuna

Banned
I invited to play a FT10 so he can't be like that... Shold happen this Tuesday. The annoying thing is that I don't even have a stick anymore, but if it means anything, if we play offline again he can't make things up like that...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ITT, people taking online stuff way, way too seriously.

Bragging about winning with Ibuki is like bragging about winning the special olympics either way.

Top Bottom