• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Izuna

Banned
Posted this to F-Word

F-Word -- I can't go on Tuesday. You win by default, I forfeit. I have just come back from Monaco and I have too much work to do. I don't even have an Arcade Stick and I haven't played in weeks. Remove these videos if you want, I don't care.

Nyoro SF

Just saying...if he's looking for top tier might as well go all the way.

Sounds like he only wants to play Sakura though.

I would recommend him just to watch Uryo videos for his safe jump & crossup setups. Those will take you a long way online.

Against characters with shitty defense, do L tatsu on their wakeup, or charge a fireball after a hard knockdown.

Nice matches, I don't think Bison is a bad match up for Seth. Just that Dogura made a lot of crazy reads that payed off for him, in a similar way to how Poongko defeated Momochi and Daigo so badly when they used Yun against him. Haven't watch the long set vs Kazunoko yet though, but will get to it.

I guess until further notice, Dogura = Bess Bipson lol? Who really knows though until you get all these guys together.

I play the PC version, and I barely see anyone playing. Was it mistake of purchasing the game on steam? Well I got the game for $15 so it's all good, right?

Edgeward

I usually use the pc version to practice while watching streams so I don't consider my purchase a total loss but if you want online competition you would have to get 360 or ps3

Even though I'm not interested in SFXT right now, I'm going to remind myself of not getting the pc version. I don't feel like buying fighting games at this point well kof13 caught my attention, but not now. I agree with you, my purchase wasn't a total loss since I got it for $15 instead of $39.99.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Majestros, what's it like working on Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale?
It's been pretty awesome, aside from the hours. We have a really fun game on our hands, which i'm told doesn't happen all that often so it's a great opportunity. The next few months are gonna be rough because we've got a lot of work to do, but i think the end result will be worth it.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Who do you guys think will finish top 3 in AE at Shadowloo Showdown this weekend?

I think Poongko will twopeat the championship, Michael Tan in 2nd, and Leslie 3rd.

I'd love to see KOK make top 3, but that just isn't going to happen.

Vice

Poongko, Fuudo, F.Champ/Luffy/Ryan Heart

Edit: Wolfkrone if he shows up. He'll get top 3 after running through an evo 2011-esque gauntlet.

It's been pretty awesome, aside from the hours. We have a really fun game on our hands, which i'm told doesn't happen all that often so it's a great opportunity. The next few months are gonna be rough because we've got a lot of work to do, but i think the end result will be worth it.

If possible, can you keep us updated from time to time on what's going on.

Who do you guys think will finish top 3 in AE at Shadowloo Showdown this weekend?

I think Poongko will twopeat the championship, Michael Tan in 2nd, and Leslie 3rd.

I'd love to see KOK make top 3, but that just isn't going to happen.

Practically impossible to answer since there are so many talented players there. Just off the top of my head I can name Gamerbee, Tokido, Momochi, Poongko, and Justin. Who knows, maybe Mago and Daigo(they said Team MCZ) could be there as well. Just too much talent to name a top 3. Unless Lap-chi goes all out again, this is the most stacked SF4 tournament we'll see besides EVO the rest of the year.

But I'm rooting for KOK and Michael Tan. KOK because he's the top Evil Ryu player in the arcade BP system and Michael because he's the mystery player that so many have been curious about since his name showed up in the top 5 of the SSF4AE arcade rankings.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I know for a fact Daigo and Mago won't be there.

I'm trying to get Daigo to play in my lobby. It's going to happen one day!

I know for a fact Daigo and Mago won't be there.

I'm trying to get Daigo to play in my lobby. It's going to happen one day!

That's too bad to hear, I wonder what SS means when they say "Team Mad Catz?"?. Did they really mean Americans? That would be kind of disappointing since people would probably be expecting Daigo or Mago, or both to show up.

As for playing in your lobby, can't Marky hook you up one day? Um sure when he shows up in America, Mark can get hold to play in your lobby for half an hour a least.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
No ItaZan at Shadowloo? :(

Itabashi Zangief said:
オーストラリアのShadowlooShowdownですが、色々あって自分は参加できなくなりました。情報が錯綜してしまったようで恐縮です。ちなみにふ〜どは行きます。自分もせっかくだから行きたかったんだけどのぅ…南無

It's PlayerJun/T.SRAI all over again.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
If possible, can you keep us updated from time to time on what's going on.
Sure, i can do that. Although most of my updates will be like "You might want to check out this article/interview - it's got some interesting new footage/screenshots." I'm not trying to be Ono or anything.

Also i'll probably keep my twitter account updated with the same type of stuff, in case anyone finds that more convenient. It's mostly just combo video links now.

Izuna

Banned
F-Word managed to get the mirror matches taken down. He's never beat me in a set versus him and I'm not going to waste my time getting a stick and travelling just to please his emotions, when he's going to censor FT5s that HE asked me play. Who knows what crap he'll say if I win the FT10 at WSO.

I've done this too many times to fall for it again, now I'm demotivated to get a new stick for SFxT. FGC has some knobs that ruin it for everyone. I'm also very annoyed that my new apparent team leader would trust him more maybe 'cause he has a sponsor or something.

-- So basically

As a leaving message: F-Word censored the FT5 he suggested because he lost 5-1. People in the FGC will like you if you start out good, but if you're bad at first then end up beating someone they'll most likely be angry at you. Also no matter how good you become at this game, people only care about tournament results (even though the best don't necessarily win tournaments because it's only Bo3). Hopefully the Ibuki Player Guide Rev.3 is enough for you guys in these forums, but as I said, I do not have an Arcade Stick, and don't count on me playing SFxT now.

532689_10150738270622819_709122818_9716791_2020104924_n.jpg

K.Sabot

Good shit izuna, is there any chance that you'll be reuploading the ft10? Or is F-Word so neurotic that he'll threaten to take your channel down for it?

Imm0rt4l

Courtesy of Zhi

Arcadia June edition AE tier rankings based on tourney results and player opinion up to mid-April:

A: Seth, Cammy, Fei Long, Adon

B :Ryu, Ken, E-Honda, Boxer, Claw, Sagat, Dictator, C.Viper, Rufus, Gouki, Sakura, Ibuki Makoto, Juri

C: Blanka, Zangief, Guile, Dhalsim, Abel, Rose, Gen, Cody, Guy, Dudley, Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, Oni

D. D: Chun, El.Fuerte, Gouken Dan, T.Hawk, Dee Jay, Hakan

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/01/kyoku-5th-ranked-yang-japan-arcades-tier-list/

Top Bottom