• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Imm0rt4l

what a solid gameplan!

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...ce-request-thread.142424/page-38#post-5755681

Yeah, I still play Duds, just not as much as I'd like to. Getting out footsie'd to hell and back by good Ryu players sucks :c

As for Yun, I just think he's fun as hell to play with, everything is still there minus the bullshit that made him OP. I suck at making the godlike reads Kazunoko always makes, and I drop links in crucial situations, so i'm not that good with him anyway. He's super fun to use though.

Oh, I completely forgot about that. Mind sending an invite to my other account? (FloydM7)

Will add you there tomorrow!

alright shoot me a friend request under that account.

XenoRaven

Ahh yes, 3s Chun was the epitome of complexity and smart play.

FP
b.FP
d.mk into super
meaty UOH into super

Congrats, you're now awesome at 3rd Strike. Had no idea the 2012 patch hurt her so bad.
It was AE that did it. They nerfed her anti-airs, then lowered her damage and gave her nothing to compensate. It was a real head-scratcher for me. There were also glitches with her U1 that made it unsafe if you comboed into it in certain situations. It was supposed to be "fixed" for 2012, but there are still some issues with it. I forget the buffs they gave her for 2012 other than cl. HP xx SBK, which no one uses, but it obviously wasn't enough. It doesn't help that the most used characters now can all alter their jump arc which is basically Chun's biggest weakness.

It doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm pretty much never going to see good Chun play in a tourney. It's not going to affect me really. I'll still use her.

EDIT: Also, as the prominent (and probably only) member of Chun defense force left, I would like to note that the most recent 3S play I've seen does not have a lot of Chun. Probably because everyone is either a) sick of her or b) knows every little intricate detail about fighting her since they've had to deal with her shenanigans for over 10 years.

Onemic

oh snap street fighter cartoons on the gamespot stream

126331_o.gif

Satyamdas

Banned
I play the PC version, and I barely see anyone playing. Was it mistake of purchasing the game on steam? Well I got the game for $15 so it's all good, right?
Where are you from and when do you play? I've been playing Arcade mode lately after work (~7-10pm Pacific), and I get nonstop matches all night long from dozens of different players. I really don't understand the claims that PC version is dead.

sca2511

Where are you from and when do you play? I've been playing Arcade mode lately after work (~7-10pm Pacific), and I get nonstop matches all night long from dozens of different players. I really don't understand the claims that PC version is dead.

Pretty dead when looking for players around my PP. (950ish) Otherwise, I can find matches when searching for any skill level, then I get dominated.

Satyamdas

Banned
Pretty dead when looking for players around my PP. (950ish) Otherwise, I can find matches when searching for any skill level, then I get dominated.
If you are narrowing your search in any way other than same region and see fewer players I don't consider that 'dead'. Especially if you are narrowing it to players around 1K pp. After this long, most people still playing are going to be at least over 2K (the vast majority of players I run into are at 2.5K+). When I have around 4K pp and search for similar or more skilled players I get no results. Doesn't mean the game is dead. Means I am searching for too narrow a set of players.

sca2511

If you are narrowing your search in any way other than same region and see fewer players I don't consider that 'dead'. Especially if you are narrowing it to players around 1K pp. After this long, most people still playing are going to be at least over 2K (the vast majority of players I run into are at 2.5K+). When I have around 4K pp and search for similar or more skilled players I get no results. Doesn't mean the game is dead. Means I am searching for too narrow a set of players.

Ah I meant to explain it in the way you typed it out. I didn't mean "dead" as in no players at all, guess I used the wrong term. Still players to be found when broadening the region/skill level. Just like you said, there are few players around my PP so it gets difficult to find a match at times when searching for same skill.

rCIZZLE

Does anybody here know how to disable turbo on the TE stick for ps3? For some reason, mine won't stay off... even when I hold the turbo button and select nothing, it still defaults to making forward be turbo enabled. Just recently has it been doing this.

XenoRaven

There's two turbo options, and you just press the button to cycle through them or turn it off. If you want to turn it off I think you just need to press it until the lights are off. I don't think you have to hold anything down. I'm not at home right now so I can't check though.

rCIZZLE

Can't you just unplug to disable? Admittedly, I don't have a TE stick

For some reason it defaults back to the same button turbo'd when I unplug then plug in. It's becoming a bit of an annoyance when I play with friends and forget the turbo is on until mid game. I was mainly wondering if there's any setting on the ps3 or button combo I'm unaware of that lets me disable turbo.

Satyamdas

Banned
Found some footage of a fraud Cammy on youtube. I thought I'd share it with the rest of you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA3kQ4z3ljw

LOL especially at the end of the 1st round.
Ahhh yes, Vexco's patented "I refuse to use Ultra and instead will start a combo with light attacks"™ post-crumple strat. I counted 3 such instances in the first round. This awesome and worthwhile technique has been well documented and discussed among those of us in #gafranbats. Most of us just aren't on that level to be able to pull it off, unfortunately. That is some Poongko-level god tier shit, yo.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey I already own the AE DLC but I want to purchase the AE disc, because I'm soooo rich, how does the save filem work though? Does my Super save work in AE or is it an entirely new save file for that game?

Axis

in my defense i haven't really played much since late last year :p

and i was obviously just trying to land CH c.fp into ultra. instead i get ex dp cuz of fucking shortcuts :mad:

K.Sabot

PC player's connections are worse than they look like when they connect, so I've resorted to playing a Dan match to test connection before even trying to play like I mean it. I've eliminated a lot of salt (and a lot of the playerbase) by doing this.

Fraeon

(Re)learning some Chun anti-airs and patient play. Good to know I'm making progress.

w212B.png

H81zr.png

BnFUI.png

I didn't actually answer any of his messages. He just challenged me three times and basically just jumped at me with a different character's jumping fierce or jumping roundhouse every match.

Went 1-2 at the Battle at the Capital tournament today. Lost to a Ryu (XSKSamurai) and some Honda player, don't remember his name. I did beat an Akuma, which was a mood-raiser.

Top Bottom