• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

MIMIC

Banned
OMG....I was playing this guy last night and turns out he is the #1 Vega on XBL @_@. I beat him twice....

...but he beat me 8 times in a row (10 times overall, lol). But I held my head high; a lot of those games were close. ^_^

One thing about good players is that they punish the FUCK out of mistakes. For some reason (I guess since I haven't played in a while), I kept messing up my focus attacks (and not canceling them). He made me pay so dearly for it....every single time. It was so unfair. lol

Onemic

Anyone check out the EMP stream? Sanford is talking mad shit about everyone, talking about how he's the best player in the US. At first I was like it was ehh, but then he keeps going on to say that he knows more about everyone elses mains than they do including Ryu users(including Valle and Daigo) So I guess Sanford is the best SF4 player in the world?

Anyone check out the EMP stream? Sanford is talking mad shit about everyone, talking about how he's the best player in the US. At first I was like it was ehh, but then he keeps going on to say that he knows more about everyone elses mains than they do including Ryu users(including Valle and Daigo) So I guess Sanford is the best SF4 player in the world?

I hope someone records that so I can catch it after work.

He's The King

EMP....lol

he keeps going on to say that he knows more about everyone elses mains than they do including Ryu users(including Valle and Daigo)

SquyZ.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
His main argument was that they weren't using combos that do the most amount of dmg with respect to the meters they used. He showed a bunch of combos he knows, that no one uses, but use the same amount of meters and do more damage.

Is there an archive of this, I want to see.

I'm watching the sanford video right now and i'm just shaking my head. He thinks knowing combos makes him better. I'm pretty sure they all know these combos but don't do them for certain reasons. Ugh, his logic is just awful.

Apparently that Tri "Daigo isn't a good SF player, he's a good Ryu player" Force has had a influence of Sanford's thinking lately.

Triforce said that? lol

I guess he forgot about ST, and CvS2 where Daigo uses multiple characters. Hell in SF4 he already used Guile, Ryu, and Yun at a major winning level.

Tizoc

Blurry upscaled CPS2 character sprites on the HDR backgrounds looks even worse.

Doesn't bother me =V
I like the colors in HD Remix, but I prefer the classic sprites more.

...and could someone up that Daigo part on YT please? TwitchTV never works for me.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Right here
. He starts talking about Ryu specifically at about 5min in.

Yeah, I think he's thinking too small here. Maybe "his" combos have tighter windows and tougher to execute in an actual match. Or like someone else said, maybe the way the other combos end give better setup situations after a combo.

Maybe someone with more "Ryu" knowledge can explain why Sanford's "higher damage same meter" combos aren't better. I mean, I think Sanford has a simple point: "Why not do more damage for the same meter if you can?".

Yeah, I think he's thinking too small here. Maybe "his" combos have tighter windows and tougher to execute in an actual match. Or like someone else said, maybe the way the other combos end give better setup situations after a combo.

Maybe someone with more "Ryu" knowledge can explain why Sanford's "higher damage same meter" combos aren't better. I mean, I think Sanford has a simple point: "Why not do more damage for the same meter if you can?".

Just from a quick look at the video the meter combo that most players use is also a wall carry from almost mid-screen. The set up after the combo is way better. For less than 200 damage you can eliminate the opponents positional advantage?

Also, you can see at about 8 minutes in, after his combo, he isn't automatically at ambiguous cross up jump range but he is just out of poke range. That could be a good thing if you want a reset and play more footsies but with the other combo you never lose application of pressure. Sounds like a play style thing more than anything else.

That said I don't main Ryu and I'm not very good but that's what it looks like to me. It's honestly probably a mix of every reason you said.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I can't see how much is AE selling on steam because of the GFWL restriction, is it still 40 bucks?

Nyoro SF

ST question: how quickly do you have to input a 360 motion for it to register in ST? I can never do them at all, which makes playing as Hawk impossible.

It's not so much the input, it's that Hawk has so few pre-jump frames that you have extremely little time to input it.

Gotta go fast.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sanford made one comment and I respect him a whole lot more because of it.

Played for hours yesterday. 52 wins streak. Best fighter. ♥

Managed to revert stream back to JTV. Much better aesthetically.

Izuna

Banned
Love your guide man, started learning Ibuki with it. I find this game to be the most fun when I'm learning a new character, especially one as well equipped as Ibuki.

I was about to make another one for Ibuki in SFxT but I really don't like that game. I think I'll go back to VF. AE is fun, but you need a handful of sporting people. I'm glad the guide is still being downloaded. =)

Izuna

Banned
Ibuki Player Guide

- [Combos after Stun]-

Always go for easier high damaging combos depending on the set-up you want. Never do a Tsumuji Loop or MK Tsumuji Loop as you'll only get a little extra damage ** for the increased difficulty -- these are the ones I use:

[st.MP, st.MP, st.MK]: Use this if you want to end in Neckbreaker (Untechable), EX Tsumuji (Wall Combos), HK Kazegiri (FADC, Meaty Pressure or Vortex if they don't quick rise * see below for details), and of course Kasumi Gake or Raida (if you don't have meter for EX Tsumuji to set up an Unblockable). Remember! This combo doesn't work on Dan or Hakan unless after a LV2/3 Focus Attack.

[j.HP, cr.HP SJC U2]: You will rarely need to use this, but it's in fact the most damaging SJC Ultra combo, going more damage than a Raw Yoroitoshi (Ultra 1). Only use this to win the round or against Zangief/T.Hawk (pushing them to the corner is a good idea).

[cl.st.HK SJC CD cr.HP]: Use this if the want the juggle reset. st.MP, st.HK is a 1-frame link but it can be plinked and is fairly easy (but it doesn't work on some characters e.g. Chun-Li and Guile). This is the most damaging way to get the cl.st.HK launcher without spending meter.

[TC9, or HP xx cr.HK xx st.HK]: Use this if you want the cr.HK xx st.HK launcher. Remember! This combo will sometimes whiff if you don't do a LV2/3 Focus Attack!

Please Consider: When you achieve a Stun, you should opt for starting your combos with j.HP rather than LV3 Focus Attack because it will induce less Damage Scaling. However [st.MP, st.MP, st.MK] does not work on Hakan or Dan unless after a Focus Attack.

If you have Yoroitoshi (Ultra 1) you should go straight into it, please remember to practice your Okizeme after Yoroitoshi. MingoDynasty's charts have Safe Jumps. You can also do [MK Kasumi Gake, j.LK] for an ambiguous jump-in, but it is not a Safe Jump.

*Notes
* when you do HK Kazegiri and immediately do HK/MK Kasumi Gake, you can do a meaty st.MP. If your opponent doesn't quick rise you can react during the dash, and instead what you should do is step back a little bit and throw a Kunai. This will give you a Meaty Kunai similar to the standard Kunai Vortex (though please practice this in Training as it's not easy to do). You can also do a j.LK after HK Kazegiri for an ambiguous cross-up (Iyo uses this a lot).

** if you are confident with your execution I would recommend doing double Tsumuji Loops on Abel, Sagat, Deejay, or Claw. You can make the leniency easier by doing [st.MP, st.MP, st.MK xx LK Tsumuji, st.LP, st.MK] -- this is your most damaging Tsumuji Loop.

*** cr.HP JC Kunai combos are very character specific and relatively difficult to do. Personally I would do but only if I was really confident that I was going to win. The reward you gain from doing this is very minimal so in general you shouldn't bother.

MIMIC

Banned
Does Hakan have an unblockable/inescapable move? I was playing one the other day and got caught in his mixup where he does that diving grab move. The only way I didn't get caught was if I did an EX move to GTFO of there. If I blocked low, he grabbed me upon my wake up. If I neutral jump, he grabs me, too (but that's usually how he gets you: no block, block high, or jumping).

Blocking low would ordinarily work but for some reason, this one guy's Hakan kept getting me regardless of how I blocked.

Top Bottom