• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

MIMIC

Banned
Took a break from SF to finish up some achievements for Halo Reach. Come back....and I beat the #10 ranked Bison (dobledragonalfa)

But he terribad, so it was a very hollow victory :( lol

zlatko

Banned
Bought the AE disc for 12 bucks used yesterday. Pretty much got bodied the whole time trying to play Cody and Abel.

I am dildos.

Went 1-2 at the Battle at the Capital tournament today. Lost to a Ryu (XSKSamurai) and some Honda player, don't remember his name. I did beat an Akuma, which was a mood-raiser.

sucks. only honda i've heard from up north is hoodaman, and he's pretty solid. im not familiar with the akuma matchup though. is that also a tough one for hawk?

zlatko

Banned
I already have the DLC, but I won't mind having the disc around for my collection. Where is it $12?

It's technically 16 at Gamestop used, but I had an extra 5 bucks I had put on Ghost Recon Future Soldier pre order. Not going to buy the game, so I used that, and my power up rewards card to make it around 12.

Sorry to get your hopes up. :(

sucks. only honda i've heard from up north is hoodaman, and he's pretty solid. im not familiar with the akuma matchup though. is that also a tough one for hawk?

Hoodaman is actually the Honda I faced. :|

And yeah, Akuma is a bad matchup. If he gets the lead, he can run away for days. The nerf to Demonflip Palm and the buff to Hawk's U2 helped out a bunch, though.

MIMIC

Banned
Saty is banned AGAIN. :lol

He's getting banned more often than ME. lol

Search hasn't updated yet, but his freshest posts were in the "What defines being a man" thread...I think. Don't really know what he said that got him hammered.

EDIT: Oh wait, just read his posts more closely.

It was for something he said in the other thread...the one about some guy--that I've never even heard of--being a homophobe or something.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Who is up for some games later on?

And Saty is going through a mid life crisis. Usually happens a lot quicker with sim players.

Hey Guys. The South Carolina FGC is doing a PSN AE lobby tonight that will go on until 11 PM Eastern. I will hop on it sometime later tonight. Come check us out if you got the time.

stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/jaguarfan

Edit:
Streamer switched to Xbox because PSN was giving him lag issues while streaming. Means I won't be playing with them then :(

MIMIC

Banned
Akuma can cancel his overhead chop into an ULTRA? @_@ I thought I knew this game ;_;

My Ultra caught him anyway and the clown booted me. But seriously...I had no idea Akuma could do that.

broz0rs

gotta love the bromance between GamerBee and Justin Wong (via Twitter):

GamerBeeTW
just arrived Taiwan , I was so happy to see Justin and Filipino Champ again , USA wait for me I will go to you soooonnnnn~

JWonggg
@GamerBeeTW I love you

GamerBeeTW
@JWonggg I love you too !! man you forgot no homo !!!!

rCIZZLE

Akuma can cancel his overhead chop into an ULTRA? @_@ I thought I knew this game ;_;

My Ultra caught him anyway and the clown booted me. But seriously...I had no idea Akuma could do that.

I know Akuma can teleport cancel into ultra 2 which looks really cool but seems rarely used.

K.Sabot

Finals finally over!

Been trying for the Xiao Hai ultra in matches today, it's waaaay easier than it looks to react to and it's very effective crouch tech/ footsie bait.

Thoroughly look forward to enjoying this game for the next 2 months.

IIRC, he can do that with any other normal as well. Due to the input being what it is, you can easily imagine what a mess things would be if this wasn't the case.

Also I forgot, how many frames do you have to tech throws after they've connected?

Top Bottom