• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Izuna

Banned
The matches ended up on EventHubs and I got a phone call from F-Word (even though I never gave him my number) and I basically got threatened over the phone and have threats via texts.

The matches ended up on EventHubs and I got a phone call from F-Word (even though I never gave him my number) and I basically got threatened over the phone and have threats via texts.

YO DAMN! Didn't you hear, F-Word is a star now after commentating SF4 top 8 with Justin Wong at Shadowloo Showdown 2012. But I guess he's upset because he's a sponsored player now.

But this is a small price you pay for becoming a sponsored player. You have to be more careful of your image. Whether that's doing something illegal or getting blown up badly in a long set on Youtube, even if it was online against a guy only known be a online warrior.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Izuna, you're an idiot for egging it on with your quest for attention and relevance, and F-word is an idiot for letting it get to him. This is some dumbass high-school drama.

Izuna

Banned
After giving it some thought, I agree. This is stupid. He obviously takes SF on a worlds level of difference from me that I did not understand, but hey that's why he plays at tournaments and I don't.

Well me and black_vegeta had some matches and it was fun. Sorry I had to bail out of the last match because my ride came early. I should really set up a time for PC SF GAF to meet for endless battles.

BHK3

Banned

What happened? Your matches with someone ended up on eventhubs and some guy is taking the loss really hard?

K.Sabot

People who make 3 player lobbies are the worst people on the planet.

Also lol at WorstGiefEver getting pissed off in eventhubs comments.

Well me and black_vegeta had some matches and it was fun. Sorry I had to bail out of the last match because my ride came early. I should really set up a time for PC SF GAF to meet for endless battles.

All good bro. Just trying to level up my Failgat. :)

Not to long afterwards I fought Saty's Sim in the ranked lobby. Didn't win one fucking set. Sim - Balrog matchup is so fucked especially if the Sim player is good. Fuck you Saty, you hear me FUCK YOU!!!!! >:|

You know what has even less wait and even less chance of being kicked because the lobby owner wants a salty runback when they lose?

2 player lobbies.

You know what people don't make?

2 player lobbies.
Good point. I always make two player lobbies because there are so few. But I can still see how 3 has its its place.

JJcao

Neo Member
After giving it some thought, I agree. This is stupid. He obviously takes SF on a worlds level of difference from me that I did not understand, but hey that's why he plays at tournaments and I don't.

Maybe you should start attending tourny if your're eager to prove yourself rather than posting video.

MIMIC

Banned
You know what has even less wait and even less chance of being kicked because the lobby owner wants a salty runback when they lose?

2 player lobbies.

You know what people don't make?

2 player lobbies.

I only make 3 player lobbies because I get bored playing the same person over and over again. And then when I don't feel like playing (after I get beat), I can just watch the other guys play.

Veal

Imm0rt4l, what kind of advice would you give an aspiring Gouken player against Deejay? I just can't seem to get anything going against one. Or Guile for that matter. I have no idea how Infiltration made the GuilexGouken match up look so easy :(

Izuna

Banned
Maybe you should start attending tourny if your're eager to prove yourself rather than posting video.

I stopped playing 2 months ago. And I did play in one Team Tournament, that's where I initially 5-0'd F-Word (he was cool with it) and another 5-1 the week after. That's why this whole threatening me over the phone shit is so confusing. I think it's because he is sponsored now.

I didn't upload the matches for exposure really, they were initially meant to be on CC but the person who recorded it for was didn't have an HD card. It was meant to advertise the Ibuki Player Guide or any further stuff I do for SFxT.

After the videos were taken down from the EdmontonGamer's channel I kept getting messages still from F-Word over Xbox live like about coming down etc. and constant swearing which is something I find very immature so I posted the video again.

This whole thing is more of an "F- you for being such a prick" rather than"I wanna get exposure"

People who make 3 player lobbies are the worst people on the planet.

I like 3 player lobbies. When playing against randoms, I look for 3-4 player lobbies because you don't have to take long to get your turn again, but get a breather if you end up losing. I don't always want to play in a nonstop 2 player lobby.

Fuck you Saty, you hear me FUCK YOU!!!!! >:|

RIP to your Youtube page :(

Izuna, just wondering but you are British, right? I'm just wondering how you ended up training a Canadian girl to play Ibuki?

DR2K

Banned
Fuck yeah guys I finally learned how to do TKCS perfectly. It only took 2 revisions where it was removed to do it. I was playing around in trial mode.

Izuna

Banned
Izuna, just wondering but you are British, right? I'm just wondering how you ended up training a Canadian girl to play Ibuki?

Saw a post on SRK saying she wanted to be the best female Ibuki player in Canada and I took it as being very offensive and sexist, so I wanted to make her the best Ibuki in Canada.

I'm a man, but my first name is Izuna. People in Japan usually assume I'm female when they read my name. Can't wait to study there next year =)

Your first name is Izuna? Unless your parents were big anime of Godzilla fans, I'm going to assume that you're ethnicity is Japanese then? Well whatever it is, good luck to you in Japan. It looks like your student is doing pretty well for herself. More impressive IMO then any American female player to say the least. I didn't mean to get into that, but I couldn't help it but mention it.

Izuna

Banned
Your first name is Izuna? Unless your parents were big anime of Godzilla fans, I'm going to assume that you're ethnicity is Japanese then? Well whatever it is, good luck to you in Japan. It looks like your student is doing pretty well for herself. More impressive IMO then any American female player to say the least. I didn't mean to get into that, but I couldn't help it but mention it.

Nah but my wifey is. My name has nothing to do with Anime, I had no idea it sounded Japanese until fairly recently. Just a unique name.

Izuna

Banned
Just to announce... The whole uploading of the matches of F-Word and I spurred a lot of arguments and a lot of shit happened, and in the end we ended up agreeing to a FT10. It was a friendly agreement (I hope). I'm out of practice so much so I will try to practice this night. I'm only 90% sure it will happen on the upcoming Tuesday.

--

P.S. Hurray for talking

notworksafe

Awesome, I was hoping for more posts about self-promotion and drama from people I don't care about playing a lame, boring character in mirror matches.

Nyoro SF

The Ibuki guide is really useful though. I assume you have read it.

Advanced players don't fall for simple online Ibuki mixups, so it's necessary to make it harder to know where an attack is coming from.

Just to announce... The whole uploading of the matches of F-Word and I spurred a lot of arguments and a lot of shit happened, and in the end we ended up agreeing to a FT10. It was a friendly agreement (I hope). I'm out of practice so much so I will try to practice this night. I'm only 90% sure it will happen on the upcoming Tuesday.

--

P.S. Hurray for talking

Stream that shit :p

As for you name, well that is pretty unusual for English parents to name there kid Izuna. Especially with no Japanese background, they just put the letters together as you say. It's also very coincidental that you play Ibuki because there is a long history of video game Ninja characters having moves with the word "Izuna" in the name. Which includes the other 2 ninja characters in AE.

And man, some of you guys are going in on Izuna. Take it easy, I think he's trying to patch things up with F-Word now.

Izuna

Banned
Stream that shit :p

As for you name, well that is pretty unusual for English parents to name there kid Izuna. Especially with no Japanese background, they just put the letters together as you say. It's also very coincidental that you play Ibuki because there is a long history of video game Ninja characters having moves with the word "Izuna" in the name. Which includes the other 2 ninja characters in AE.

Yeah, I get that all the time haha. My choice for using Ibuki is simply that her Yoroitoshi is so amazing. =)

Though I'm a big Ninja Gaiden Black fan and my earliest memory was me playing Ninja Ryukenden on the NES at hospital. You could imagine my face when I found out what "Izuna Otoshi" was called.

--

We both think I'd win the FT10, but we're not certain 'cause I haven't played in 2 months haha, and of course he says he's learnt a few new things.

Just saying that F-Word just wants to have better matches or more recent ones uploaded, not that he wants to prove he's better than me in the mirror match.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Man..first time back in the states in years and lookin for a stick is killin me. I used a Hori wireless in Japan and adored it but here its sadly not available on Amazon anymore. TEs are great but I can't justify droppin 150 on a stick.. wish I grabbed that SC5 Hori on Ama for like 90 a month ago. Guess I'll scour ebay and craigs this week.

I6onC.gif

Onemic

A question on crossups. Are you supposed to block the opposite direction that the crossup is coming, or does the game still register the hit as being on the same side when the crossup hits? I always try blocking the opposite direction of the crossup and find that I can never block the hit and don't know if it's due to me not blocking in time or the crossup still registering as being on the same side from when they first jumped.

A question on crossups. Are you supposed to block the opposite direction that the crossup is coming, or does the game still register the hit as being on the same side when the crossup hits? I always try blocking the opposite direction of the crossup and find that I can never block the hit and don't know if it's due to me not blocking in time or the crossup still registering as being on the same side from when they first jumped.

Yes, if your opponent is in front of you and jumps to your backside, you have to hold forward, which then becomes your new backside after you block the cross up. Hopefully that didn't confuse you. As for you getting hit, it will only be a cross up if they actually go over you. There are exceptions though, stuff like the shoto jumping LK is pretty ambiguous and can hit from the front while the character still falls behind his opponent. There are also unblockables, fake cross ups, and cross ups that don't hit as a cross up to worry about. But you probably won't find yourself in those scenarios too often so it's not something you should be too concerned about right now if you're still learning.

Top Bottom