• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Onemic

Well, wasn't planning on getting this but I got it for real cheap. SFXTK sure does look like an ugly mess compared to this. Although, I guess 4 characters on screen can explain that.

I was used to the L, M, H setup for combos thanks to MvC3 and SFXTK but things seem to be different with this.

I'm down to play some matches with you if you want

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
The further they are to the left the bigger their flaws are. The more they are to the right the more well-rounded they are. So someone like Fuerte has big holes in their game that are easily exploited while someone like Ryu is pretty solid.
Right, but how would you describe Yang who's right in the middle?

Lhexh

Stop jumping. Nothing Hawk has can beat it in the air.

I am not sure if you knew which grab I was talking about. I'm talking about the one where he jumps toward you and grabs your back. I have no clue of the name. I am not talking about the one that cammy or guile can do. If that is the grab thanks lol. I just confused myself lol

I am not sure if you knew which grab I was talking about. I'm talking about the one where he jumps toward you and grabs your back. I have no clue of the name. I am not talking about the one that cammy or guile can do. If that is the grab thanks lol. I just confused myself lol

I thought you were talking about his QCF+P command grab in the air, not his front-flip one. In that case, stay on the ground and swat him out of the air with cr. fierce or df. LP.

Lhexh

Thanks. Ill try that out I need to work on my normals a lot more. df.LP. is great and that standing roundhouse is GDLK.

So yeah I've been practicing more. Think I have really improved on my skills. I know most haven't played me before, but I'm posting a video of my latest match so you guys can observe how I play and can give me pointers.

Here's the vid.

Also I don't know what video capture program to use. FRAPS lags way too much and stops recording after twenty seconds. Also the slow framerate is from the program. When I play the game its buttery smooth 60 fps.

EDIT - I'm Juri. Can't believe I forgot to put that.

Edgeward

So yeah I've been practicing more. Think I have really improved on my skills. I know most haven't played me before, but I'm posting a video of my latest match so you guys can observe how I play and can give me pointers.

Here's the vid.

Also I don't know what video capture program to use. FRAPS lags way too much and stops recording after twenty seconds. Also the slow framerate is from the program. When I play the game its buttery smooth 60 fps.

I'm assuming you are the Ryu player. If so, you should stop jumping forward a lot, no reason to as Ryu or any character for no reason other than wanting to get in. You should be more comfortable sitting back chucking fireballs and anti-airing any jump-ins at first. And calm yourself when getting punish opportunities, you aren't maximizing to even close what you should be doing for those situations where you can punish. You hit Juri while she is still in the air when you can wait when she hits the ground and is in recovery state to land a combo. And don't use hurricane kick from fullscreen, it's easy to punish for most of the cast and should be used as a punish when you know the character is gonna throw a fieball.

I'm assuming you are the Ryu player. If so, you should stop jumping forward a lot, no reason to as Ryu or any character for no reason other than wanting to get in. You should be more comfortable sitting back chucking fireballs and anti-airing any jump-ins at first. And calm yourself when getting punish opportunities, you aren't maximizing to even close what you should be doing for those situations where you can punish. You hit Juri while she is still in the air when you can wait when she hits the ground and is in recovery state to land a combo. And don't use hurricane kick from fullscreen, it's easy to punish for most of the cast and should be used as a punish when you know the character is gonna throw a fieball.

He's Juri

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Finally my stick is here! US PSN GAF, lend me your names! Looking forward to finally playing with you guys. So if anyone still plays on PSN during east coast nights, let me add you or feel free to add me. Same name as here. Is there still a PSN chat people hang in? Anyone can invite, please?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I will tonight.. This is scarin me though. Seems deader than Sfxt which I refuse to rebuy even though I loved it. =\

Sayah

I like that rose. Had to figure out what she was saying during the projectile. Was literally hearing "soul f**k" lol

Edit: I like all these Rose's.

Edit 2: Well, there goes the Tekken sponsoring. But don't worry, I'll surely take care of them. :p

Edit 3: And here comes the strong lineup of Tekken batters.

Edit 4: And there goes the strong lineup of Tekken batters....heads down. :(

Edit 5: I like that Sakura.

Edit 6: Tekken batters aren't done yet. Just you all wait. Let's go comrades.

Edit 7: Flattened on the screen Smash Bros. style by a fellow comrade. Not cool.

Edit 8: Degen is turning to cannibalism.

Edit 9: Degen demonstrating the power of the IRON FIST.

Edit 10: And there he goes with a HOOOOOOOOOOOME RUUUUUUUU - or not.

Edit 11: OH MAN THAT MAKOTO SUPER WAS SUPER HOOOOO --- oh wait, not a Tekken batter? NOT HOT.....NOOOOOT HOT.

Sayah

CHEEEEEEEEEEAAAAATINNG.....This is blasphemy. Referee AAK, you must disqualify him..

Edit: Do not let my loss go in vain AAK.

Edit 2: I have been AVVVVEEENNGGGEED. Good job.

Edit 3: Team Tekken going strong. That's right, you don't scare us. Your workout is our warmup.

Edit 4: I must win.
Edit 5: HELL NO.

Edit 6: Butt-slammed. Just great.

Edit 7: Tear that Vega's beauty off with those monster claws.

Edit 8: It's okay AAK. I will gain vengeance for you.

Edit 9: The audience is booing over these boring matches. Bring on the Tekken team so we can get some real action going.

Edit 10: Sayah enters the field and the crowd has suddenly awoken from its slumber. Cheering can be heard all around the stadium.

Edit 11: The crowd clearly knows that player Kadey has cheated.

Edit 12: Do the damn Ultra. Stupid Sakura.

Sayah

I'll certainly have your revenge for you dear Juri.

Edit: I have come to end this crazy win streak.

Edit: Hitting me from 30 feet away. That's obviously cheating. How low will you go Team SF?

Well, I have to go. That was fun. GGs everyone.

Top Bottom