• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Degen

BGs all. No matter how long I quit playing SSF4, it's still cool to pick it up again.

but not as cool as games such as

Tekken Tag Tournament 2, coming to PS3™ and 360™ consoles this September.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Thanks for the adds guys.. Course I had a meeting go till 10 last night so couldn't get on. Will be on tonight. If there's anymore psn gaf just let me know or add me.

Imm0rt4l

Aliounes AE2012 tier list:
26_aliounetierlist.jpg

Edit: Cody is too high

Edit:I hate this tier list

lttp, but this is a horrible list.

Makoto has enough faults to be out in nowhere land? wut?
Gouken doesn't have enough favorable matches to be placed so high.

I miss playing this game, maybe I'll hope online tonight.

SUPARSTARX

Just got back from Next Level playing buncha AE casuals. Didn't enter Big Two cuz I would have to leave mid-way.

Anyhoo, after coming out of the SFxT/Diablo 3 vortex, I'm surprised I can still hit some good links. Dat offline >> online timing.

Man, I really have to find new people to train me. Sure there are plenty of higher level players offer newbies like me to train with them, but some just aren't helpful. This one guy kept making fun of me like saying "I still beat you and I hardly ever used this character". I mean no crap, you have over 200 hours logged in this game...

Man, I really have to find new people to train me. Sure there are plenty of higher level players offer newbies like me to train with them, but some just aren't helpful. This one guy kept making fun of me like saying "I still beat you and I hardly ever used this character". I mean no crap, you have over 200 hours logged in this game...

Just try to find people on Gaf to train with. There are people of higher, average, and lower skill levels here. From what I've noticed though the people here are willing to help and are nice. You can also get into some games with me if you want, I'll try my best to help you out.

PSN: Solidgear91
GFWL: solidgear1991

AAK

Sayah, onemic, and I had some fun games today on PSN together... And we're all sub 300 bp warriors :p

Let me know if you wanna play until I get consumed by VF5.

Imm0rt4l

if you play on psn I'm willing to play some time. I'm pretty rusty,(not in a I'm gdlk and just underselling my abilities sorta way, I'm legitimately not at the top of my game) but I consider myself to at least be competent.

Onemic

ggs log. You always seem to pick prefect spots to jump in as they're either too far away for me to srk or they're timed perfectly with me committing to an action. HK seems to work but only if I use it the second I see you in the air, or else your attack will come out first.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Any LA-based players out there? I'll be near downtown/the convention centre for E3 from Sunday.

If there's some downtime and anyone's around, it'd be cool to meet up for a drink/chat/few rounds.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Live guys, Aquasilk wanted to play in the last lobby but it was PSN, If I can get him in tonight, you guys better be around.

Aedile

I play on the PC. So I guess I'll add Solid. Thanks though guys. GAF really is like one big family *sheds tear*

I've been playing more on GFWL lately and I'm always up for games. Name is in my profile. Skill level is pretty middling, but I'm sorta-OK at a lot of different characters, which might be useful for a beginning player.

ggs log. You always seem to pick prefect spots to jump in as they're either too far away for me to srk or they're timed perfectly with me committing to an action. HK seems to work but only if I use it the second I see you in the air, or else your attack will come out first.

ggs, man. It's tough to hit Fei when he's doing his j.HK

I can tell you got a little better since the last time. You weren't backing down after cornering, and you were consistent with punishes. Maybe you should look into a go-to max damage punisher.

Try and get the FADC Ultra combos down, and also work in lp.srk, ultra. Oh, and try to work in some throw attempts every now and then.

if you play on psn I'm willing to play some time. I'm pretty rusty,(not in a I'm gdlk and just underselling my abilities sorta way, I'm legitimately not at the top of my game) but I consider myself to at least be competent.

I need to get some matches in against dat Gouken. I have no idea what to do in the corner against those low pokes xx fireball pressure.

Imm0rt4l

I need to get some matches in against dat Gouken. I have no idea what to do in the corner against those low pokes xx fireball pressure.
Sure we can get some anytime.

in the corner sometimes you might see goukens do something like cl. mk xx hadouken loop over and over, this is throwable. I usually expect for my opponent to throw so I go for a ch instead of loop. I think it's just a matte of blocking and teching till I inevitably cancel something into demonflip divekick(at which point you should slide I think) to keep pressure going in hopes for a counter hit/confirm into big damage.

Onemic

Truth.

onemic watch this video!

Watching now on my phone lol

EDIT: that match was godlike. Two things I noticed Daigo do a lot that I must incorporate into my game: Throws, I know you mentioned this log, but after seeing this match I can can definitely see how useful they can be. Both Daigo and Bonchan seemed to look for a throw at every opportunity, which I never do. I always seem to try and go for it when I'm in block stun or just coming off a hit, and it fails 90% of the time. SPS is another thing I saw daigo throw out a whole lot even against sagat when he was crouching.(Can it be blocked by both standing and crouching opponents?) It seems like a great normal as it is extremely easy to hit confirm off of it since the second hit comes out slow. He also seems to os crMK to Haduken at every opportunity, which I usually try to do, but my execution still needs some work, because I tend to whiff it from time to time.

One thing I noticed from our match that I really need to work on is my fireball execution. I seem to whiff into a totally random and extremely punishable move at the most random times(ie instead of EX haduken ill EX SRK, or instead of M Haduken I'll do a j.MP)

Anyway I'm down for a series of matches if anyone wants to play.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Wanted to see if it was me or the lobby laggin and it's def me cause I'm chuggin in another ranked match.. No clue why.

I guess if you guys see this reinvite once I'm back on.. Finally happy to play with gaf.

Sayah

Defeated by the lowest of the low tier characters. This embarrassment......it's unacceptable. WIPE THAT SMIRK OFF YOUR FACE KADEY......before I unleash my true might.

Sayah, we need to talk about these full-screen ultras

I feel bad wasting all that meter.

Top Bottom