• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Sayah

Yes. YES. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS. This day will be written down in history.\

Edit: I see you've all realized the secret potential in Sakura. I should be credited for realizing it first. :D

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Wish I could stay longer but big lobbies eat my night time. Good games and look forward to playin with more of you.

Onemic

Yes. YES. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS. This day will be written down in history.\

Edit: I see you've all realized the secret potential in Sakura. I should be credited for realizing it first. :D

I've always known it, whenever I face Sakura in network I just groan knowing I'll inevitably get my ass kicked.

Characters I don't know how to deal with: Sakura, T Hawk, Blanka, Cammy

AAK

Roxen is the KOR of GAF.

227791_10150179313464296_716054295_7012693_6602641_n.jpg

Sayah, I always knew you were handsome ;)

Onemic

How do you do throws properly in this game? I've been trying to add throws in ad 95% of the time they either whiff or the opponent is able to throw out an attack before the command can even come out. At the same time people are able to do it to me with complete ease.

AAK

Meh, not really... he's always a top tier whore. :p But he's definitely pretty no homo

AAK simply stands for my initials :p

Sayah

You're both wrong. AAK stands for Astounding Armor King.
How do you do throws properly in this game? I've been trying to add throws in ad 95% of the time they either whiff or the opponent is able to throw out an attack before the command can even come out. At the same time people are able to do it to me with complete ease.

I've changed the grab command to the L1 button. Makes it easier for me to do. Not sure what was originally assigned to L1 but I never used it. I've done the same thing in SFXTK. I just go up and grab when I think the opponent is expecting me to attack instead.

AAK

My name IS Awesome Armor King ;P

But L1? I thought by default L1 was all 3 punches combined. Then how are you doing Sakura's ultraII? Isn't it qcfx2,L1? And isn't it simply easier to just grab with your thumb on X+[]?

Sayah

My name IS Awesome Armor King ;P

But L1? I thought by default L1 was all 3 punches combined. Then how are you doing Sakura's ultraII? Isn't it qcfx2,L1? And isn't it simply easier to just grab with your thumb on X+[]?

No wonder I've been messing up my ultras so much. I've been pressing each individual L M H punch button altogether.
Often end up doing her damn EX shoryukens instead. LOL

I do this for SFXTK too but I don't have problems doing Supers in that game so I thought it could transition well into this game too. :/

AAK

What? In SFxT you were pressing all 3 punch buttons individually for a Super??? Damn! that's some dexterity you have there with using a pad!

Sayah

Yeah, I use L1 for throws and R3 for switching characters in SFXTK. As if I needed R3 for quick combos, haha. I also use triangle for low kick instead of medium punch and X for medium punch instead of low kick.

Anyway, just tried doing ultras with L1 instead and it's honestly even harder for me. Think I'm too used to my three button setup. lol

MIMIC

Banned
Played Hatrify (#3 DeeJay). Fucked up his Ken. Switched to his main and he mauled me. He switched back to Ken and I fucked him up again.

I hate it when people don't stick with their mains :-/ I wanted to tear his DeeJay apart ^_^

EDIT: I play some guy's shitty Yun. He's mashing up kicks and wake up Ultra (but I beat him twice) so I'm not going to waste any effort on him so I chose Ryu. He wins....then has the nerve to send me a message telling me that "I figured you suck dick after you pick someone that requires thinking to play"

@_@ dat irony

Prolly salty because I left after he beat me, lol

USD

Feeling really crappy after my play session today. I'm just not good, I'm mediocre on stick, and my emotions cloud my ability to play.

Onemic

Do we have a thread for GGPO yet? I just started playing Vampire Savior and it's a nice offset to SFIV. I don't know how I missed out on this gem of a game

AAK

Only old game I still play with an emulator is Last Blade. Never figured out how to use GGPO, but if anyone else is up to it, I'll definitely join along. SNK's sprite work for that game is legendary.

Onemic

Only old game I still play with an emulator is Last Blade. Never figured out how to use GGPO, but if anyone else is up to it, I'll definitely join along. SNK's sprite work for that game is legendary.

I had no idea Last blade was a spiritual successor to Samurai Shodown V. I mashed the hell out of V all the time back in the day. I'm down to play some games though. Username is onemic. Isn't an oe version of Vampire Savior supposed to release on PSN/Live later this year?

Just checked and there actually is no thread on GGPO. This is a crime against humanity.

Kioshen

You can't throw someone while they are in block stun nor hit stun. If they hit you before you do something, you need to throw them faster out of their recovery, use a move that gives you better advantage on block before hand to give you more leeway or a better idea condition them on expecting something else i.e. mix-it up. Learning if your character has a useful kara-throw can help closing the gap faster. Ryu has one and I think it's HK~Throw iirc but don't quote me on that.

If they mash option-select throw or jab they are susceptible to frame traps which if you counter hit them out of it they will be more afraid to do it in the future if they understand what's going on. If they don't, continue frame trapping them into untechable knockdown for free all day.

Onemic

You can't throw someone while they are in block stun nor hit stun. If they hit you before you do something, you need to throw them faster out of their recovery, use a move that gives you better advantage on block before hand to give you more leeway or a better idea condition them on expecting something else i.e. mix-it up. Learning if your character has a useful kara-throw can help closing the gap faster. Ryu has one and I think it's HK~Throw iirc but don't quote me on that.

If they mash option-select throw or jab they are susceptible to frame traps which if you counter hit them out of it they will be more afraid to do it in the future if they understand what's going on. If they don't, continue frame trapping them into untechable knockdown for free all day.

Does Ryu have an os throw at all? I'll try those tips out.

MIMIC

Banned
Speaking of throwing, I suck at crouch teching. Whenever I look at my replays, I'm always going back and forth between "DB+lp&lk"" and "B+lp&lk". I do it more so with Fuerte, probably because I'm trying to back away because his normals suck (and you pretty much have to chain them together with his run to make them viable).

I think the ONLY person I am successful with crouch teching against his Dan. Once he starts his frame traps with his kicks, Fuerte is basically fucked and you HAVE to crouch tech (he basically forces you to). I looked at one of my replays with Dan and he's the only character I feel comfortable crouch teching against. He's also the only for which I consistently use the crouch tech input (instead of trying to back away)

Sayah

Wait, what? lol
Ken was my main in SF3OE even if I've played that game about 5 times since I've had it.

Edit: Good thing her EX is a double shoryuken to take the necessary chip damage, hehehehehe. :p

Edit 2: You can't defeat me with my own main. That's unacceptable.

Edit 3: I fear that I'm turning into a shoryuken whore myself. :/

Edit 4: You grab whore. lol

Edit 5: Yeah, that's right, you're not the only one that can grab.

Top Bottom