• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Sayah

I've become a laughing stock. Such a true SF professional such as myself laughed at like this? Unbelievable. You will soon feel my true wrath as it will be stronger than the burning intensity of a thousand suns.

Edit: And just when I'm about to win, she decides to not do the Ultra. Sakura will feel my wrath too if she doesn't start behaving.

Edit: Oh yes. Take that Chun-Li somewhere else. :D

Sayah

You just thank your lucky stars Degen you had such a great privilege to see my Sakura in action. It's a very rare opportunity.

I call them the reactions of Love. Only love can drive people to do impossible feats. Winning isn't everything. These small moments are.

Instant Demon. http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/320188899

Backdashing a Shinku. http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/320190506

WOW. I'm realizing recently it's all about the reactions.

And I think I'm starting to understand this game a little bit more now. Not dropping as many combos as before either. Thankfully Degen also used a good variety of characters so I've familiarized myself with a lot of their attacks and movements. Really is a crazy fun game. It would be even better without T. Hawk in it. Two grabs and 50% health gone. How outrageous.

I can't believe I did it again, NEVER AGAIN CAPCOM, I SWEAR IT. So a while back I bought SF4 for my Xbox. I never owned this version, but when I saw used at a Best Buy, I bought it on impulse because my only copy is the PS3 version and my bro is using my PS3. I really wanted to play Vanilla Seth most of all among all the original characters. Then I went home and realize what I had forgotten, which of course is that you have to beat the game with the entire cast and fulfill some requirements to get everybody in this game. So I painfully played the arcade mode for over 2 hours to get everybody. Man this was such a unbearable experience, but I somehow finished it.

But after all that I was free to rape all the low level players that still populate Vanilla SF4 lol. Especially the fraud high BP players who would have never gotten as high as they did when everybody still played this game. But I'm still free to Zangief lariat lol. Had a guy lose 3 or 4 times to me consecutively, played Gief and mashed SPD and won. Never came back after that, obviously he was one of those guys who was so thrilled to finally win that he was too afraid to come back and lose. I think I'll keep coming back to this game every now and then. I really miss those active frames on Seth's stomps.

I can't believe I did it again, NEVER AGAIN CAPCOM, I SWEAR IT. So a while back I bought SF4 for my Xbox. I never owned this version, but when I saw used at a Best Buy, I bought it on impulse because my only copy is the PS3 version and my bro is using my PS3. I really wanted to play Vanilla Seth most of all among all the original characters. Then I went home and realize what I had forgotten, which of course is that you have to beat the game with the entire cast and fulfill some requirements to get everybody in this game. So I painfully played the arcade mode for over 2 hours to get everybody. Man this was such a unbearable experience, but I somehow finished it.

But after all that I was free to rape all the low level players that still populate Vanilla SF4 lol. Especially the fraud high BP players who would have never gotten as high as they did when everybody still played this game. But I'm still free to Zangief lariat lol. Had a guy lose 3 or 4 times to me consecutively, played Gief and mashed SPD and won. Never came back after that, obviously he was one of those guys who was so thrilled to finally win that he was too afraid to come back and lose. I think I'll keep coming back to this game every now and then. I really miss those active frames on Seth's stomps.

Just put it at 1 round, easiest difficulty and walk forward mashing fierce ?

It's annoying but it makes the grind much faster.

Just put it at 1 round, easiest difficulty and walk forward mashing fierce ?

It's annoying but it makes the grind much faster.

That's exactly what I did. Remember, I had to beat the arcade mode 26 times, 24 times with everybody except Seth and 2 extra times with characters I already beat it with to unlock Gouken and Akuma. If that took about 5 minutes each, that would already 130 minutes(I'd say it took me longer though). So there is no quick way to get it done, it's going to very long and very painful even with the fastest method.

Onemic

ggs AAK, I really have to work on teching throws. It's my biggest weakness and anyone that knows im shit at it can easily destroy me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So uhhh, my stream got over 80k hits in the last 24 hours. More than it's lifetime in a day. The hell is going on?

Onemic

I can't tech throws either, and I main a fucking grappler.

Well do you know when to throw? I generally suck at both, so people that are clearly beginners, but know when to throw decimate me, as I usually never punish their missed jumps or other whiffs with a throw. I don't even know when to throw when I have someone in a corner.

Start working a throw or two every round. Say you get an free jump in on someone. The Jumping attack hits, so go ahead into your favorite jump-in combo. If the jump-in attack is blocked, maybe try for a tick throw (ie. cr.LP x2, then make a throw attempt). But as the matches go on, mix up your throw attempts. The idea's to keep your opponent guessing so you get more successful throws in, or you get them doing the Arturo, mashing out crouch techs, which will let you blow up their whiffed pokes, etc.

I think deciding when you should throw will be easier as you recognize your hit confirms. I'll try to hop on tonight, if PSN is down for matches.

I started playing again after a few months hiatus. Man I am ass! More than before. I can barely FADC anymore, lol. I lost so much last night. I reached the point that I couldn't take it anymore, and I picked Cammy and started getting some fraudulent wins.

lol, Cammy is so easy <3

USD

So i bought my ticket so I can watch the 2nd TOPANGA League. I had to get a friend in Japan to help me out, since there's no option to use PayPal to buy Nico Nico Points and my credit card didn't work either. Though the current price for the full 11-day package is 1300 points, 500 points is the minimum purchase amount, and factoring the PayPal exchange rate (which is how I sent money to my friend), it was about 19.70 USD.

A bit expensive, but worth it for me.

Onemic

Start working a throw or two every round. Say you get an free jump in on someone. The Jumping attack hits, so go ahead into your favorite jump-in combo. If the jump-in attack is blocked, maybe try for a tick throw (ie. cr.LP x2, then make a throw attempt). But as the matches go on, mix up your throw attempts. The idea's to keep your opponent guessing so you get more successful throws in, or you get them doing the Arturo, mashing out crouch techs, which will let you blow up their whiffed pokes, etc.

I think deciding when you should throw will be easier as you recognize your hit confirms. I'll try to hop on tonight, if PSN is down for matches.

Virtua fighter came out, so i won't be playing sf till thursday

Vice

Sad day. After switching to stick and playing MvC3 exclusively for awhile I've become total-garbage at AE again. Someone suggest a character for me to grind with online to remember my fundamentals.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I really don't get why people bother taunting in online matches.. not only is it pointless and disrespectful but it will 99% of the time cost you the match. Was having a close match with a B+ Vega and it came down to round 3 both at 10% and me in the corner. He knocks me down and instead of setting up his corner pressure he taunts..so I quick wake, crossup, and finish the round. Such a good match ruined at the end because he wanted to what..show me how cool he was? Sent him a message after saying I hoped he learn not to bother taunting in matches or else end up like Marn. I got back the obvious you mad bro..i let you win..blah blah nonsense. Sigh.

Silver_key

Neo Member
I really don't get why people bother taunting in online matches..

I never got it either. I wish I could soft-ban players who I prefer not to play. The stupid part is, they'd likely get more games or points or whatever just by playing a good match. People don't mind getting whopped nearly as much as having to deal with internet idiots.

Wiseblade

Sad day. After switching to stick and playing MvC3 exclusively for awhile I've become total-garbage at AE again. Someone suggest a character for me to grind with online to remember my fundamentals.
El Fuerte. You either learn to block/tech or you die.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
SCV 360 stick messed me all up. Kept pressing jab and getting forward. Had to reassign buttons for the first time since using a stick.

PS3 version is fine and has the typical setup but god.

7349876700_6ebf9cd460_b.jpg

Anyway, stream and lobby up. Have to get use to this.

dankir

Hey guys, for those of you that want to check out the behinds coverage me and buddy did at MAT IX EVO last week our footage is live. We were covered the tournament and tried to get a better insight on the stuff you don't see on the stream

I interviewed, Di3minion, Wolfkrone, Chi-Rithy, Snafoo and a few more peeps. If you guys were following the stream I was on it for a bit as well right before AE top 8.

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv4_PO8E4Pc&list=PL2F8EEE4C1EB05EEB&index=1&feature=plcp

Sayah

That's it. Time to show you what I'm really made of.

EDIT: I WILL DESTROY THAT SILLY EAGLE MAN

Tell cammy to have some dignity and buy some pants

Degen

yo UUUUUUUH

tornado kick of DEATH

edit: thanks for that dropped ultra I really appreciate it

man I am never using Chun again

Sayah

HAH, bypassed that ultra TWICE. hehehe

So unfair. I didn't want the double shoryuken. :/

That's right Shammy. You don't stand a chance against me.

Degen

Just played some B-ranked Oni scrub who set his match to one round in a Ranked match. Smacked him around until stunned, thirteen-second Perfect.

and what song was playing in the background the whole time? The Harlem Globetrotters theme

it's the little things in life

Top Bottom