• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

This Daigo v Xian Matchup is godlike.....Daigo coming back from a 6-1 deficit.
I thought the final was 7-5. He should have picked Ryu instead of being shook by his earlier loss. Picking Yun and Guile smacked of desperateness. He might have had a chance to reset the bracket.

I'd like to see how Xian does in a U.S. tourney with his Gen.

Here's to Evo 2012, probably the major swan song for IV.

cHaotix8

I thought the final was 7-5. He should have picked Ryu instead of being shook by his earlier loss. Picking Yun and Guile smacked of desperateness. He might have had a chance to reset the bracket.

I'd like to see how Xian does in a U.S. tourney with his Gen.

Here's to Evo 2012, probably the major swan song for IV.

I think he tied for 5th at that North west regional in Seattle.

But yeah, Diago had it at the end. If he had OS'ed DP on that jump in he would have caught the backdash and probably won the round. I was literally yelling "OS the backdash!" because I just knew Xian didn't want to block. I know Diago's kicking himself for it.

Excuse the blog-iness of this post,

So I just entered a tournament. A reasonably sizeable one (by UK standards anyway, VS Fighting). I've been hitting the training room a hell of a lot, hitting online, managed to pop down to a local casuals to try my luck against some people I don't know.

I'm expecting to brick it, but I guess getting in some casuals at the venue before matches will help the nerves.

What's the best advice you guys could give for a first tourney, apart from expect to lose, but that's what I get for maining Rose :p

BadWolf

What's the best advice you guys could give for a first tourney, apart from expect to lose, but that's what I get for maining Rose :p

Don't get distracted by background noise, went to my first tourney and the crowd started screaming about some match really loud while I was playing, my head turned on instinct. Luckily the guy I was playing wasn't very good and I still won.

So I just entered a tournament. A reasonably sizeable one (by UK standards anyway, VS Fighting). I've been hitting the training room a hell of a lot, hitting online, managed to pop down to a local casuals to try my luck against some people I don't know.

I'm expecting to brick it, but I guess getting in some casuals at the venue before matches will help the nerves.

Seems obvious, but watch and pay attention when you're not playing.

cHaotix8

Might be too late at this point but have a game plan before every match and try your best to stick to it. Try not to get flustered if things don't go your way. If you lost, know what it is that caused you to lose and learn not to make the same mistake twice. Lastly, enjoy yourself.

Degen

After all this time, Hawk is still the only character I can use comfortably.

I dunno what it is about having an SPD, a shoryuken, a dive, an air body press, godlike normals, the most health in the game, no execution requirement-- ohhh.

Robot Pants

After all this time, Hawk is still the only character I can use comfortably.

I dunno what it is about having an SPD, a shoryuken, a dive, an air body press, godlike normals, the most health in the game, no execution requirement-- ohhh.

at least someone recognizes it

Degen

I guess Sagat's ultra has more hits than Girl Shinku. I really thought they'd cancel each other out

GGs as always. play of the night: random HIT CONFIRM SUPER

Sayah

Yes, GGs indeed. I'm hoping you're not getting bored of facing one character. I can try Juri or Ken to mix it up but I still suck with them both. lol

Degen

I'm not getting bored at all, but I think you'd benefit from exploring the roster a little more.

I learned a lot about Hawk's strengths, weaknesses and possible play styles (and got a hell of a lot better) from using the other grapplers and Cammy

Onemic

I think I'm finally beginning to understand how to use ryus combos, at least from practicing in the lab. In what situations would c.mp c.mp c.hk be generally used? And what would be the best combos to use without leading with a jumpin? Characters like sagat,blanka, and guile I have a very hard time jumping in against and most of the fights are usually pretty grounded preventing me from using any combo except the os c.mkxxfireball

Sayah

I'm not getting bored at all, but I think you'd benefit from exploring the roster a little more.

I learned a lot about Hawk's strengths, weaknesses and possible play styles (and got a hell of a lot better) from using the other grapplers and Cammy

Yeah, I'm gonna try to look at some other characters. Probably Viper.

Anybody want to play? Doesn't matter what system. Stream and lobby up you know where.

PS TRIPLE

MIMIC

Banned
I find it so annoying when someone who has more than 27K more total points than me is somehow "still a beginner". And then when you play them, they're flawlessly executing the most damaging and strictest of combos.

And it's so satisfying when they don't even take a round off of you. :) Sometimes I want to send "I guess you really ARE a beginner ^_^" but that would be petty =p

Is it supposed to be some sort of mind game or something?

EDIT: Here the guy is: Zeniside http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5p1KFNbM80

I rocked his ass (wait, that didn't sound right)

cHaotix8

I think I'm finally beginning to understand how to use ryus combos, at least from practicing in the lab. In what situations would c.mp c.mp c.hk be generally used? And what would be the best combos to use without leading with a jumpin? Characters like sagat,blanka, and guile I have a very hard time jumping in against and most of the fights are usually pretty grounded preventing me from using any combo except the os c.mkxxfireball

Ryu gets sooo many options from comboing off of his sweep.Learn how to hit confirm cr. lp/st. lp/cr. mp > cr. hk. It's a one frame link but it's a safe jump against almost every character except the Shotos, Blanka, Cammy, Sagat, and Grapplers if they have meter. Which means, if you land the sweep, just hold up forward and jump at them while pressing a button like HK, and if they try to reversal, you'll block it and then get a free punish while at the same time getting free pressure if they block. You can mix it up by going for a crossup tatsu if you think they're catching on, or an empty jump > throw/cr. lk > cr.lp > cr. hp xx Tatsu/DP combo. Record the computer doing it in training mode and try to do a reversal with Dudley or Guile and see what happens. It's too good not to know how to do.

Imm0rt4l

Its amazing how much you can tell of a player from just playing them. I fought some chun player yesterday who beat me in the most unconvincing and gimmicky way and by the skin of his teeth. I told myself " I bet this guy won't play me again, no way he's going to give me a runback, he knows he'll get bodied". I readied up for 2-3 minutes and he just idled there like a dumb ass. So I left, happy knowing we both knew he was going to get his shit pushed in, but salty that I didn't actually get to. I looked on my blocked list in case if I had already came across him, sure enough I had. He was probably sending hate/gloat mail. Let it be known that libo22 is bitchmade.

Sayah

Playing again. You guys know where.

Fine traitor. Your stream is now being boycotted. I doubt those 360 muppets can provide the same level of competition or entertainment as us exceptional and world-renowned PS Triple players can.

I'm j/k

Its amazing how much you can tell of a player from just playing them. I fought some chun player yesterday who beat me in the most unconvincing and gimmicky way and by the skin of his teeth. I told myself " I bet this guy won't play me again, no way he's going to give me a runback, he knows he'll get bodied". I readied up for 2-3 minutes and he just idled there like a dumb ass. So I left, happy knowing we both knew he was going to get his shit pushed in, but salty that I didn't actually get to. I looked on my blocked list in case if I had already came across him, sure enough I had. He was probably sending hate/gloat mail. Let it be known that libo22 is bitchmade.

Yo, you removed me from your friends list!!??

DAH FUCK! ;_;

Imm0rt4l

Yo, you removed me from your friends list!!??

DAH FUCK! ;_;

Re-add me(can't remember your acct name), I got room again, made a 2nd account and meant to add you on that one. I thought you was too good for some of us psn pesants anyways q_q . There's a chat room I should invite you to on psn that has some pretty good players, like that nuckledu kid, and a lot of other strong players that I can't fuck with. Same thing with God's Beard, never plays with nobody, but he's a mvc3 training mode monster, dead weight.

I'm bout to delete floyd, since I realize he doesn't play fighting games on that account.

MIMIC

Banned

How? (or is this a PSN thing?)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Fine traitor. Your stream is now being boycotted. I doubt those 360 muppets can provide the same level of competition or entertainment as us exceptional and world-renowned PS Triple players can.

I'm j/k

I owe allegiance to no one except one man.

Top Bottom