• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Hey guys!

10am pool for evo UMVC3.....don't recognize any of the players

2pm pool for AE got shglbmx in my pool.

Gonna do my best to win my AE pool.

Playin for all of GAF! hope to see some of you there! come hit me up!

See y'all next week! practice up!

-EC

Aedile

Played a few PC ranked matches with PJS RamenAddict today. His Adon totally bodied me.

Speaking of AE PC, if anyone has been dissuaded from playing due to the lousy population numbers, the $10 Steam sale really seems to have done the trick. Ranked was hopping even at 4AM Eastern this morning. Come back!

Hey guys!

-EC

Rootin' for you, EC. Go do work

Hey guys!

-EC

Good luck Eraldo, do your best. Hope to see you on stream, I'll be rooting for you.

Speaking of AE PC, if anyone has been dissuaded from playing due to the lousy population numbers, the $10 Steam sale really seems to have done the trick. Ranked was hopping even at 4AM Eastern this morning. Come back!

I think this will mostly add to the number of lousy players on AE PC. However, I was surprised by the number of good players I fought within an hour of playing. Fought against the best Oni and Adon I have ever played.

Hey guys!

-EC

Good luck Eraldo. Last year I got Mago and a Blanka player from Chicago in my pool. I don't remember his name but he was the big guy that commentated a lot during UFGT. I really wanted to make it to Mago, but I lost to the Chicago Blanka player and then a Gen player who I defeated in a rematch during casuals. I really could have used though AE 2012 Evil Ryu buffs back then :(

cHaotix8

Hey guys!

-EC

Hope to see you there homie! I've still got one more week of school to get through before EVO so hopefully I still have enough time to get my grind on haha.

Got DMG Lud in my pool and that's about it unless you count Mr. Wizard. Hoping to make it out in winners but we'll see.

Excuse me, but a friend of mine needs match help with chun li on Psn his tag is Lavabeast. If anybody could help my buddy out that would be cool. He's training for a local.

OceanBlue

Do you guys play with each other in lobbies or whatever? I'm really bad and I'm getting kinda getting frustrated about not being able to improve or get better, so I'd figure it'd be helpful if I played the same people often. I just don't feel like I ever learn anything playing this game. I play on PSN and PC.

Edgeward

i5 - 2500k 3.3
12 Gig memory
AMD HD 6870

Do you guys play with each other in lobbies or whatever? I'm really bad and I'm getting kinda getting frustrated about not being able to improve or get better, so I'd figure it'd be helpful if I played the same people often. I just don't feel like I ever learn anything playing this game. I play on PSN and PC.

Yeah, for me nowadays I really only play AE in lobbies with friends or gaffers. I really am not strong-minded or even good enough to grind on rank and not get extremely bothered by it.

Shoot a friend request to me on psn. Same as my GAF handle

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Many people just dont like ranked. Only reason i have played ranked is so i dont get kicked from the lobbies the hosts asks for a specific amount of pp

Actually don't even like endless with more than 2 players

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
only list i have is this one

Kyabetsu (Pool A5)
Momochi (Pool A7)
Fuudo (Pool A19)
Tokido (Pool B14)
Nyanshi (Pool B4)
Nuki (Pool C6)
PoongKO (Pool C8) *Korean
Kazunoko (Pool C13)
Daigo Umehara (Pool C17)
Kindevu (Pool D4) *same with Ryan Hart and Xian
Sako (Pool D8)
Eita (Pool D15)
Chocoblanka (Pool D17)
Uryo (Pool D18)
Mago (Pool E1)
Haitani (Pool E3)
Kokujin (Pool E5)
Infiltration (Pool E9) *Korean
Itabashi Zangief (Pool E12)

far from all the players ofc

ShaneB

Been a while since I've posted in here, but was itching to get back to playing. Missed the Amazon deal a while ago, but PC version is on sale at GamersGate for 10 bucks.

Would be nice to get some games in with other PC folks, I'll be damn rusty.

Nabs

i5 - 2500k 3.3
12 Gig memory
AMD HD 6870

Damn. You should be able to run AE, SFIV, and SFxT all at the same time with no problem. I honestly don't know where I would even start. I guess I'd delete the config file and let it start a fresh one, then set the framerate to fixed. I wouldn't use in-game vsync either, go with the tearing or grab d3doverrider. Then I'd probably refresh the GFX drivers and try everything on low.

I think Rice-Eater was having problems with AE PC as well. I don't know if he ever figured it out though.

Hey guys. Now that GamersGate has SSFIVAE on sale this week for $10, I was thinking about picking up a copy. The question I have though, is how easy is it to get games on PC? I want to try and get better, but I am unsure if I want to spend the cash on a version where there is no comp. Any help would be appreciated

Hey guys. Now that GamersGate has SSFIVAE on sale this week for $10, I was thinking about picking up a copy. The question I have though, is how easy is it to get games on PC? I want to try and get better, but I am unsure if I want to spend the cash on a version where there is no comp. Any help would be appreciated

The number of players on PC seems to have increased. I was playing a few days ago and it seemed easier to get random ranked matches. Usually the same players came up but that seems less frequent now. However I have fight request turned on when doing Arcade mode, seems faster to get games that way. Also fought an 11k bp Oni and 17k bp Adon in the same session. I also think most players on Gaf have the PC version as well, so you can always play with us.

ShaneB

The number of players on PC seems to have increased. I was playing a few days ago and it seemed easier to get random ranked matches. Usually the same players came up but that seems less frequent now. However I have fight request turned on when doing Arcade mode, seems faster to get games that way. Also fought an 11k bp Oni and 17k bp Adon in the same session. I also think most players on Gaf have the PC version as well, so you can always play with us.

Yeah, I just picked it up as mentioned, so anyone on PC feel free to add me for some games. I'm nothing special, and now rusty as heck :p

I think Rice-Eater was having problems with AE PC as well. I don't know if he ever figured it out though.

Well it works fine now, I turned off Vsync and have little to no input lag now but my screen tears up like a mofo.

If you guys play on PC, try to schedule a certain night or something so everybody can join in. I'd love to, but it's always something like "yo, anyone wants to play AE PC right now" and I"m at work, didn't notice it, or doing something else.

I'm also salty about not winning USD's raffle. I had a really good chance since there were so few people who entered. But I still got picked 5th(probably out of 5 people to). And I was the biggest donator. I don't regret it, but man I really thought I was finally going to win something lol.

MIMIC

Banned
I'm starting to think that some decent/good players create new/sub accounts with 0PP/BP and beast in Endless just to troll.

I have 0PP/BP on my account (I only have 1). I just don't like playing ranked (and the BP/PP reset after AE so it looks like I've NEVER played ranked)

Maybe that's why I get booted so often regardless of whether I win or lose. People might think I'm trolling them.

Meh, just goes to show people put way to much stock into pp/bb. I'm guilty of it, too.

@MIMIC, I experienced the same thing, getting booted. Eventually, I accumulated some PP in the mid 1000, and it helped.

Maybe that's why I get booted so often regardless of whether I win or lose. People might think I'm trolling them.

You damn well know why you get booted.

951140-el_fuerte__street_fighter_iv_3_large.jpg

ShaneB

Well it works fine now, I turned off Vsync and have little to no input lag now but my screen tears up like a mofo.

If you guys play on PC, try to schedule a certain night or something so everybody can join in. I'd love to, but it's always something like "yo, anyone wants to play AE PC right now" and I"m at work, didn't notice it, or doing something else.

I'll be on tonight for some matches, would be nice to get a PC lobby going. I'll be on I guess around 9:30pm est ish?

Also, in regards to the pc version, was my first time playing it last night, and it lagged a lot more than my 360 version ever did. Can I just account it to bad luck with connections, or should I have to mess with some ports or something?

Top Bottom