• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Speaking off PP...
TL;DR: more players = easier to get points

I can agree with this. I'm in the UK and have been trying to level up my play since late last year, I don't really have any friends who play and have only just started trying to go to local casuals.

Damn at you people in here flouting 5K+PP, now for tales of the scrubby end of the wedge :D

I'm currently floating between 700-800PP and I either get placed against 3000PP+ or 100-200PP. I learn nothing in both situations as the higher guys tend to steamroll me and the lower guys can be pretty free. I've found some good matches but it's mostly getting bodied or bodying.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seems like many people can't deal with Blanka. All these good randoms appear in my lobbies and go on a streak, I pick and troll with Blanka and easily beat them. Some of them ragequit and send me email. LOL.

Aedile

Blanka is the old reliable, but I think Deejay is the superior answer to low-level online play.

EDIT: joffo, my theoretical knowledge of the game is nil, and I don't think I've ever actually played a Dan with Deejay, so I probably couldn't offer you any worthwhile advice. I do think we have an actual good Deejay player (or two?) around here, though.

Blanka is the old reliable, but I think Deejay is the superior answer to low-level online play.
Any advice, sir, on when/how to punish a decent Dee Jay player with Dan? Or anyone for that matter? Standing mk can get me a cheeky hit here and there, but it's minimal damage. Safe-jumping to bait upkicks can work for maybe half a round, but once that's exhausted all I'm left with is trying to trick them by altering my jump with a risky lk.dankick.

I find him even trickier than Guile.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Speaking off PP...

I think it's easier to reach high amount of playerpoints in Japan and America than europe/elsewhere because of the player base.

Obviously, America and Japan has better and more players and therefor has bigger player base to farm/steal points from.

Whenever i watch i watch Japan players showcasing some ranked matches, the people who join their ranked sessions constantly/exclusively has the same or almost equal player points.

Alioune has like 6000pp, but has to farm them from 2000-3000pp players for the most. A hard grind when he gets 1pp for a win or loses 200pp. Japanese players play against others of the same skill and lose/gain equally.

Basically, my theory is that 3000-4000pp in eu is the same as 4000-5000pp in US/JP. PP are even more useless than i previously thought.

TL;DR: more players = easier to get points

Depends on a lot of things. There are fewer players on PC, but it's easier for me to get a lot of points there because the skill level of your average PC player is like 50x lower than it is on xbl.

Onemic

I've reached 3k+ PP a number of times already. I know what it's like to be "Elite". That's old and busted to me now, 10k BP is the new hotness. And damn it, I want some of that new hotness.

Do you have PSN rice?

Any high PP's down to have some endless sets with me later and possibly teach me some things? (will be on around 10-11pm EST) PSN: onem1c. Down for as long as humanly possible, as I need i to practice. I've realized practicing through ranked is a lot shittier than practicing through endless with some dudes you know. Unfortunately ranked practice is usually all I can get.

Warning: I am shit.

So ready for evo.

I'm game for any endless lobbies.

My spirit is ready.

itT4o8avl9ynq.gif

ShaneB

Little bummed I likely won't get to watch any Evo, but a friend of mine is getting married, it'll be good times!

I'll be up for some PC lobby action tonight most likely as well after I get done packing.

Grakl

Just got the game; I've played it before a little in arcades, but I still didn't get much experience. Loving it so far. Playing online isn't too bad, and there is minimal lag if I choose the correct green bars, haha.

Been playing endless battles against my cousin recently. His favorite player is Adon. I can easily beat him about 85% of the time with E Honda. But I like to work on other characters against him and The three I like to use is Sagat, T Hawk and Guile.

So Question, Whats the matchups and if all are favorable? Thx

Grakl

Been playing endless battles against my cousin recently. His favorite player is Adon. I can easily beat him about 85% of the time with E Honda. But I like to work on other characters against him and The three I like to use is Sagat, T Hawk and Guile.

So Question, Whats the matchups and if all are favorable? Thx

For Sagat, T. Hawk, and Guile vs. Adon, the matchups are 5-5, 4-6, 6-4; nothing big.

Onemic

ggs Kuevo, sorry for the lag. It's what happens when you use a shitty wireless router and your PC is in the basement.

Any tips though? (especially for Yun)

ggs Kuevo, sorry for the lag. It's what happens when you use a shitty wireless router and your PC is in the basement.

Any tips though? (especially for Yun)

ggs. no worries about the lag, it happens. im located in socal and i have a crappy isp, so that might explain why might not really have a solid connection to begin with.

tbh, i'd have to look back at the replays. im not a yun player, so i can't really give you worthwhile advice other than get in dat assss.

though fundamentally, i think you've improved. your anti airs are getting better, so im not just jumping in for free. with ryu, i think you can also use standing lk as an anti air as well. have you tried using the sweep bnb? (j.mk, cr lp x3, sweep) i dont know how much damage this does compared to that other bnb youre trying but i think it's pretty easy and is a good way to initiate offense/crossups. i noticed whenever you scored a knockdown you just backed off and threw fbs. you can go in with ryu, he's got some safe pressure, crossup tatsu, plus a kara-throw, and good ol' dp fadc. by no means am i a top tier ryu (i main honda), but i think you can see on the replays how our play styles differ with him; maybe you can incorporate some of that into your game.

when blocking, if someone fadcs (dp, criminal upper, etc) like 9/10 they will go with a throw, so be prepared to tech. i would say work on blocking crossups though. aside from training mode, a good way to learn to block crossups is to incorporate them into your game heavily. that way you can figure out how to block or if you choose to, dash under them or dp.

Onemic

ggs. no worries about the lag, it happens. im located in socal and i have a crappy isp, so that might explain why might not really have a solid connection to begin with.

tbh, i'd have to look back at the replays. im not a yun player, so i can't really give you worthwhile advice other than get in dat assss.

though fundamentally, i think you've improved. your anti airs are getting better, so im not just jumping in for free. with ryu, i think you can also use standing lk as an anti air as well. have you tried using the sweep bnb? (j.mk, cr lp x3, sweep) i dont know how much damage this does compared to that other bnb youre trying but i think it's pretty easy and is a good way to initiate offense/crossups. i noticed whenever you scored a knockdown you just backed off and threw fbs. you can go in with ryu, he's got some safe pressure, crossup tatsu, plus a kara-throw, and good ol' dp fadc. by no means am i a top tier ryu (i main honda), but i think you can see on the replays how our play styles differ with him; maybe you can incorporate some of that into your game.

when blocking, if someone fadcs (dp, criminal upper, etc) like 9/10 they will go with a throw, so be prepared to tech. i would say work on blocking crossups though. aside from training mode, a good way to learn to block crossups is to incorporate them into your game heavily. that way you can figure out how to block or if you choose to, dash under them or dp.

I go in with Ryu sometimes, but I always seem to get my ass Dp'd which is why I've cut back on it a lot recently. I don't know if it's timing or what, but I can almost never attempt a wakeup crossup without getting dp'd for free against shotos, but people can do it to me easy. I do a wakeup DP and it whiffs because my opponent is already on the other side. The sweep combo I practice but don't use(yet) is j.mk, c.lk, c.lp, sweep and j.mk, c.mp, c.mp, sweep.

AA is still a problem for me as I still find it extremely hard to dp on reaction to a jumpin, which is why I'm sticking to using c.hp for now. This is part of the reason why I can't for the life of me land Ryu's FADC to Ultra 1 combo on anyone except a training dummy.

Ya I definitely will try learning the crossup game more heavily though. I'm still trying to get my basic BnB execution down for my characters before investing most of my time into more advanced strategies atm.

As for Yun, I actually am more confident with doing his combos than ryu's, but unlike Ryu I know even less about how to make opportunities so I can land them, causing me to pretty much use none of his combos in game. People say to stay within poke range and neutral jump, which is what I've been trying to do, but usually when I do that I either get jumped in on(and Yun's AA options are extremely weak, unless I use his upkicks, and I face the same problem with Ryu in Dp'ing in reaction) or I get a fireball in the face before I have time to react. If anyone knows how to train this in the lab it would be much appreciated.

I'll be on again around 11pm EST if anyone is down for some endless matches.

Anyone on PSN still around? I'm going to a local tourny on Saturday and I need someone to hand me my ass to help me get better. PSN is giancarlo123x

Sayah

The hero has arrived.

You got lucky this is just a warm-up.

Don't get happy. Still warming up.

Too bad you missed out when I unleashed my true power Kadey. Now I have to re-charge.

Dhalsim is such a cheap little muppet.

What the freak with this jungle animal. Stay in your cage.

I just had to get a phone call. So distracting. :/

I recall Rice Eater mentioning this in the EVO thread, about tweeting Ono about getting another revision to AE. With that in mind, what do you all think of rolling revisions going forward? Yay or nay?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I recall Rice Eater mentioning this in the EVO thread, about tweeting Ono about getting another revision to AE. With that in mind, what do you all think of rolling revisions going forward? Yay or nay?

Why? They should just leave the game the fuck alone unless they want to patch out unblockables. I'd be cool with that.

Yeah, things like that. But it'll probably never happen with Capcom. Just wish that games would get more support. Even just UI tweaks and such, like getting a rematch option in endless if you're doing 2 player lobbies. Too much to ask, I know blah blah no money, etc.

Top Bottom