• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

I'll be on tonight for some matches, would be nice to get a PC lobby going. I'll be on I guess around 9:30pm est ish?

Also, in regards to the pc version, was my first time playing it last night, and it lagged a lot more than my 360 version ever did. Can I just account it to bad luck with connections, or should I have to mess with some ports or something?

I think it mostly depends on the player connections. Opening up the ports could help though, so it's worth a shot. Go to this link and scroll to the bottom, it lists the port configurations for GFWL:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937424

Nabs

Yeah, check your ports and set your framerate to fixed. I might be down for a lobby tonight, I guess I'll add you to Steam or something.

comrade

Good matches tonight. Lord Audie, Nabs, LiquidMetal14, comrade

Good times! Was nice to get back into it after not playing for so long.

edit: I am so so terrible. :p

Ditto! I was having wonky issues with my mic with mumble as well, but just ran the audio wizard and it worked then.

I'm messing with mine and it's working but so quiet I can barely hear myself in the playback. Need to figure out how to fix that.

Edgeward

Damn. You should be able to run AE, SFIV, and SFxT all at the same time with no problem. I honestly don't know where I would even start. I guess I'd delete the config file and let it start a fresh one, then set the framerate to fixed. I wouldn't use in-game vsync either, go with the tearing or grab d3doverrider. Then I'd probably refresh the GFX drivers and try everything on low.

I think Rice-Eater was having problems with AE PC as well. I don't know if he ever figured it out though.

Just discoverd d3doverrider. What a magnificent program. I believe my framerate problems are completely gone now. =D

Edgeward

Now to mod back all the cool menu stuff, damn mod site isn't updated though. I can't get my chibi character select screen or EVO 2011 intro vid. ;_; Fucking FBI taking down MU

I'll be on tonight for some matches, would be nice to get a PC lobby going. I'll be on I guess around 9:30pm est ish?

I would have loved to join, but I didn't get off work till 2AM est time. Which is normal for me on my work days. But if you guys are ever down to play on a Monday, Tuesday, or Saturday night then I'll be around.

DarkSloth

Yeah, I want in on some pc ssfiv ae 2012 sessions, too! (whew, lost my breath.)
I played today after a long break without fighting games, and I play against some gaffers. I have the console editions too but I don't know... pc has alt+tab.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well was kind of holding out for steam to drop AE since they could also possibly discount the costumes super cheap but since Capcom refuses to give a good discount on their steam games guess I'll just pick it up off GG with my ign discount.

MIMIC

Banned
You damn well know why you get booted.

951140-el_fuerte__street_fighter_iv_3_large.jpg

lol

lies!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is there a legit group called "MMS?" I played someone named "MMS Broken Soul" and got kicked after winning one match, with the reason being "you mashed and were random," which made me LOL- not sure how being "random" means doing lk, lk, EX LL EX LL and crouching jabs to stop Evil Ryu axe kicks is "random."

He had EG Ricky Ortiz on his friends list, but maybe that doesn't mean anything.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Is there a legit group called "MMS?" I played someone named "MMS Broken Soul" and got kicked after winning one match, with the reason being "you mashed and were random," which made me LOL- not sure how being "random" means doing lk, lk, EX LL EX LL and crouching jabs to stop Evil Ryu axe kicks is "random."

He had EG Ricky Ortiz on his friends list, but maybe that doesn't mean anything.

Last big two results:

1. BIFU|Spabrog (El Fuerte)
2. TS|Min (T. Hawk, E. Honda)
3. EMP| Hiro (M. Bison, Chun-Li)
4. MMS|Native Impact (T. Hawek)
5. FC|NYChrisG (Sakura)
5. MMS|Smug (Dudley)

MMS = Marry my shoryu

So how broken is the PC version? Bought it for 10$ today and feel like I was totally ripped off. No matter what, me and my friend cannot be in the same lobby. If he joins someones lobby, I cannot join unless he leaves. We cannot invite eachother, and there's no way for us to play together, period.

So fun.

We're going to go ahead and give that a try in the morning I guess, still makes no sense, connection wise, why we could both connect to the same lobby, but not at the same time, and we could both play with absolutely anyone except each other, when only one of us has a router.

Thanks for suggestions, will look into it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
That is not exclusive to the pc port. I've run into or have had others run into that issue on psn as well

Same- and only with Street Fighter. Then we got a different ISP and my NAT type changed. Didn't have the problem again.

Onemic

So how broken is the PC version? Bought it for 10$ today and feel like I was totally ripped off. No matter what, me and my friend cannot be in the same lobby. If he joins someones lobby, I cannot join unless he leaves. We cannot invite eachother, and there's no way for us to play together, period.

So fun.

wat? where?

Is the Fei Long/Ryu match up like, really in favor of Ryu?

Edit: Figured, confirmed the notion that I am just terrible with Fei. I dunno what it is, but I just cannot for the life of me find a good footie range against Ryu...

Owensboro

Thanks to EVO coming up I'm getting the itch to try and play this game again. Unfortunately, I'm mediocre (at best) and win maybe 30% of online ranked matches and almost never learn anything because I never play the same person more then twice. Are there any groups that want a PS3 Dudley to beat up on?

Do you guys play with each other in lobbies or whatever? I'm really bad and I'm getting kinda getting frustrated about not being able to improve or get better, so I'd figure it'd be helpful if I played the same people often. I just don't feel like I ever learn anything playing this game. I play on PSN and PC.

Shoot a friend request to me on psn. Same as my GAF handle

Do either of you mind if I shoot a friend request your way?

Hello! PS3 and PC ssf4ae player here add me up (id: AutumnAve) I'm down to play anytime, vs anyone!

As long as you don't mind teaching a scrub, I'd love to actually learn something for once.

PSN name is: Owens-boro. If you're looking to kill a Dudley, I'm your man.

Aedile

Arturo posted a 45-minute analysis (taken from his stream last night) of his matches against Filipino Champ and Mike Ross at EVO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjZlMWpOL5Q

Art has made videos like this before, and if you enjoy technical breakdowns of matches, they're always a good watch. For a scrub like me, it's fascinating to see the tactical complexity behind what seems to play out in a pretty straightforward manner on screen.

USD

Is the Fei Long/Ryu match up like, really in favor of Ryu?

Edit: Figured, confirmed the notion that I am just terrible with Fei. I dunno what it is, but I just cannot for the life of me find a good footie range against Ryu...

The number one thing you have to be cautious of is cr.MK → Hadoken. At a neutral game, the key ranges are just outside of Ryu's cr.MK and at the tip of Fei's cr.HP. With a good read, you can whiff punish most of Ryu's medium and heavy attacks with LP Rekka. For me it's a lot of that and trying to read when he'll throw a fireball and using EX Chicken Wing. Fei's pokes are better than Ryu's, Fei just has limited cancels from his. Just remember your good pokes, cr.MP, cr.MK, cr.HP. And always always, cr.LP → LP Rekka.

I think I've finally come to the realization that I will never hit 10k+ BP in AE. I've been stuck in the high 8k to mid 9k range for the longest time. Every time I put a decent win streak together, I come back down and lose some matches. I know I know, points don't mean anything blah blah. I just want to hit those 5 digits damn it, I've been so close for so long yet I can never quite reach it. Oh well, 9k for life then. Maybe things will be different if I go back to PSN or PC :D

ShaneB

Wish you could specify which region you want to search :( Sure, I can change my region on my pc, but I like having my little Canadian flag :(.. but I want closer matches when I search for 'Any'

Degen

I think I've finally come to the realization that I will never hit 10k+ BP in AE. I've been stuck in the high 8k to mid 9k range for the longest time. Every time I put a decent win streak together, I come back down and lose some matches. I know I know, points don't mean anything blah blah. I just want to hit those 5 digits damn it, I've been so close for so long yet I can never quite reach it. Oh well, 9k for life then. Maybe things will be different if I go back to PSN or PC :D
lol I feel like enough of a thief at 6k

It's all about da PP mang!!!

Xbox must be hard... I haven't played SF4 series online since Super but when I did, I ended up auto-piloting my way to 4kpp and 10+k BP.

Unless they changed the point system from Super to AE/2012. I guess PSN competition is just much easier....

Degen

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true. Ranked competition on PSN is as free to randomness now as it was last year. Makes no sense

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Speaking off PP...

I think it's easier to reach high amount of playerpoints in Japan and America than europe/elsewhere because of the player base.

Obviously, America and Japan has better and more players and therefor has bigger player base to farm/steal points from.

Whenever i watch i watch Japan players showcasing some ranked matches, the people who join their ranked sessions constantly/exclusively has the same or almost equal player points.

Alioune has like 6000pp, but has to farm them from 2000-3000pp players for the most. A hard grind when he gets 1pp for a win or loses 200pp. Japanese players play against others of the same skill and lose/gain equally.

Basically, my theory is that 3000-4000pp in eu is the same as 4000-5000pp in US/JP. PP are even more useless than i previously thought.

TL;DR: more players = easier to get points

Top Bottom