• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Onemic

This is why I'm so shit with Yun, even though I love the character. I can do most of his BnB's, but I have no idea how to open opponents up to initiate offense(well I do technically, lots of empty neutral jumps and stuff, but it never pans out) and when the opponent initiates offense, I don't know how to defend properly as Yun's defensive options are extremely limited.

Onemic

That's how.

*bow*

did you frame trap me that entire game gian?

*sigh*

I would use Yun outside of online, but I'm terrified of going to a local event and getting my ass bodied by every single person in the room since I'm still a beginner.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Mixup his dive kick angles. Use low short to start block strings. Mix up his blockstrings between links and his command grab. His lunge punch is an armor breaker and you can use his up kick to get away from certain characters. Honestly I would not use combo/mixup heavy characters online, especially PSN. You can't use them properly. I have to use basics to win because I can't do what I want to half of the time.

Imm0rt4l

You should, he's basically top tier now.

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Onemic

how the hell do I get ex duck upper when I'm going for thunderbolt -_-

why's that?

The match against gian, I thought you were gonna perfect, then it looked like Gian was gonna reverse perfect you.

So Kadey, since I will mainly be relegated to online, what would be characters that I shouldn't use then besides yun/yang?

The match against gian, I thought you were gonna perfect, then it looked like Gian was gonna reverse perfect you.

So Kadey, since I will mainly be relegated to online, what would be characters that I shouldn't use then besides yun/yang?

If I had one more bar of meter I think I could've sealed the deal. I need to take a little break or something, I've been playing all day.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Inf's Gouken made me really wanna pick him up again.
Been using gramps since unlocking him day 1 of vanilla.

Who needs top tier when you're having fun opening up whippersnappers?

... Wow, that sounds quite wrong.

Anyhoo, I finally got online for real so please add my new PSN ID BobioJapan
Yes I'm on Japan time, but the connection is pretty badass so here's hoping I can get some matches in with SF GAF.

MIMIC

Banned
BLOCKING (instead of throw teching) after they block your level 2 focus attack then mash out ultra (and you counter with your own ultra after you block theirs)

Feels SOOOO fucking good, man ^_^

Note: I'm only 99.999999% sure he was mashing. Let me check the replay =p
Edit: Meh..he didn't "mash" exactly; just a "why the fuck not?" reversal. Still feels good :)

Also, holy shit....he tried to throw me like 20 times. lol

MIMIC

Banned
Anyone ever played N DRU (xbl)? He's really good....especially his Seth. Best zoning player I've played. Whenever I beat him, I felt like I won a game of psychological warfare. All our matches were about who could out-think the other. lol

JJcao

Neo Member
Hello GAF, I'm moving back to North America next week. If any gaf member would like to play please send me a fr request and mention GAF xbox gt; n3oGAF. I main the twins. Thanks

Nabs

AE PC is 10 bucks on Steam for the next 7 hours. The costume pack is also going for $7.50 throughout the sale.

Hey folks probably know already. But SSFIV:AE is currently a flash deal on the Steam summer sale $10 on it's own or $7.50 each in a 4-pack. I stopped with plain old SSFIV on the Xbox as 2012 looked lame to me and I never got around to AE. So it will be nice to jump back in on the PC. Tons of copies are being sold in the Steam thread as well, so might be lots of fresh GAF SFIV players like myself jumping on or back in.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45760/

DLC is on 50% sales as well I think.

Dang it, sniped by Nabs...I'm too slow.

xCobalt

Got this weird problem happening and not sure why. I'm making the dummy do some setups in the corner and when I'm trying to defend against them, I can block both ways. Anyone know what's going on? A friend of mine says this occurs when you are a couple of frames off of an unblockable.

Cowie

Almost bought the PC Version for $35 two days ago. Sooooo glad I held out.

A trip to japan, followed by watching all the amazing matches at Evo have really resparked my interest in this game. I'm still struggling to get my skills back to where they were in Vanilla, but they'll (probably) come.

Perhaps we can get some gfwl matches going tonight

I have a sudden desire to play some Street Fighter for the first time in months, and the wife is away for the night. Anyone want to win a few matches against a total beginner (tips welcome)?

XBL Fong Ghoul

Warning: I may be slightly intoxicated. Nights with the TV to myself don't come very often.

Aedile

How is the online community of the PC version compared to the console's version? Many players around?

Fewer players than on the console versions, but you won't have to wait to get a game. Population was pretty low before the recent $10 Steam sale, which seemed to bring in a lot of new faces. Should get another wave from the current $10 Steam sale and yearly EVO interest bump.

Onemic

Damn it steam, you made me go buy the PC version of 2012 too. Well, guess I can get bodied by SFIV GAF's PC crowd.

Steam username- onemic

Fewer players than on the console versions, but you won't have to wait to get a game. Population was pretty low before the recent $10 Steam sale, which seemed to bring in a lot of new faces. Should get another wave from the current $10 Steam sale and yearly EVO interest bump.

Thank you for the answer. I hope my PS3 Hori Fighting Stick 3 will be working for this.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Playing any character is fine if lag and constant freezes are non-existent. Yun and Yang require more effort compared to your average world warrior. Just relying on divekicks and target combos isn't going to get you far as you can see. You'd have to really learn the character in and out in order to win and against people who use characters who are generally good against them. They are not easy mode as they are in regular arcade edition. Moves are easily punished now.

El Sloth

Banned
Gouken's stubby limbs are so weird. Should I be using Gouken's Demon Flip like Akuma's or am I doing it wrong?

Edit: How many times should I be rotating my stick for the fastest U2 speed?

Top Bottom