• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

xCobalt

Gouken's stubby limbs are so weird. Should I be using Gouken's Demon Flip like Akuma's or am I doing it wrong?

Edit: How many times should I be rotating my stick for the fastest U2 speed?

Gouken has some really good normals. Far standing fierce and crouching fierce are good anti airs. His sweep is unpunishable outside of Ryu and Chun's super, although try not to use it too much as opponent may focus it if they're expecting it and crumple you. His crouching mp is pretty good too.

Gouken can't utilize his demon flip as well as Akuma's. I only really use it for safe jump setups or off a backthrow reset.

I believe you need 3 rotations for the fastest U2 speed, but I just keep spinning it until the startup animation is over.

El Sloth

Banned
Gouken has some really good normals. Far standing fierce and crouching fierce are good anti airs. His sweep is unpunishable outside of Ryu and Chun's super, although try not to use it too much as opponent may focus it if they're expecting it and crumple you. His crouching mp is pretty good too.

Gouken can't utilize his demon flip as well as Akuma's. I only really use it for safe jump setups or off a backthrow reset.

I believe you need 3 rotations for the fastest U2 speed, but I just keep spinning it until the startup animation is over.
Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely keep his normals in mind.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Steamgifts is my only hope now. COME ON, LADY LUCK!

Thank you for the answer. I hope my PS3 Hori Fighting Stick 3 will be working for this.
I shouldn't have sold mine with my PS3, but at least I have a PDP controller.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Alright, I need the EASIEST and CHEAPEST mofudgin character to play. I am god awful at fight games, SF in particular. I can't link shit, I can't mix up properly, I can't cross up, I can't combo into a super or anything.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Alright, I need the EASIEST and CHEAPEST mofudgin character to play. I am god awful at fight games, SF in particular. I can't link shit, I can't mix up properly, I can't cross up, I can't combo into a super or anything.
Hmmmm... Well obviously you'll only be able to beat scrubs, but classic Guile turtle tactics should make it the easiest for you to do so.

Tomat

Hmmmm... Well obviously you'll only be able to beat scrubs, but classic Guile turtle tactics should make it the easiest for you to do so.

I'll be playing with some scrubs and some good players, so it may work on some people at least.

This game is too damn hard to learn.

Will a PS3 madcatz stick work with the PC version of the game?

Usually they do not work from the stories I've heard. I got my ps3 TE to work on my pc by buying a usb via chipset adapter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815166014

I believe that will solve your issues. I also believe it is the correct chipset, the same one that I have. I'd pick one up, it's pretty cheap.

Also any Gaffers want to play tonight? I'll be down to play some games on pc or ps3. Seems like the amount of pc players will go up because of the Steam sale.

Onemic

Down for PS3 and PC once the game finishes downloading, which should be in the next 2 hours.

sent you steam invites nicoga, edgeward, and firehead.

EDIT: Seems like scowering the GAF group for people playing SFIV is better, found tons of people.

Edgeward

Usually they do not work from the stories I've heard. I got my ps3 TE to work on my pc by buying a usb via chipset adapter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815166014

I believe that will solve your issues. I also believe it is the correct chipset, the same one that I have. I'd pick one up, it's pretty cheap.

Also any Gaffers want to play tonight? I'll be down to play some games on pc or ps3. Seems like the amount of pc players will go up because of the Steam sale.

I'll play you on PC.

MIMIC

Banned

Ken.

Fireball. Step kick. Shoryuken. The only 3 things you'll ever need

Bought the pc version of ssf4ae on steam today. When I first tried playing the game, my timing felt off. Do any of the default settings (vsync/fixed framerate) cause input lag?

Degen

Just don't use T.Hawk. He's terrible. Just look at the tier list; I can't imagine who's good enough to take on that task. I can't imagine who is enough of a boss for that.

gotee12

Am I deceiving myself by thinking that my mechanical keyboard is a completely valid way of playing? I've already tried it with my 360 controller (and was quickly reminded at how crappy a job MS did with that gamepad). My mechanical keyboard felt oddly good just now after trying it out. My mind boggles at the thought...

Sokantish

Am I deceiving myself by thinking that my mechanical keyboard is a completely valid way of playing? I've already tried it with my 360 controller (and was quickly reminded at how crappy a job MS did with that gamepad). My mechanical keyboard felt oddly good just now after trying it out. My mind boggles at the thought...

Well it'd be like playing with a hitbox right, but with smaller buttons. Some people seem to like hit boxes, I've never tried it out though.

gotee12

Well it'd be like playing with a hitbox right, but with smaller buttons. Some people seem to like hit boxes, I've never tried it out though.

After spending another 15 minutes with it, I'm sold. It is definitely something new to master (which is a fun challenge) but I can already tell that I'm going to grow to love it. I have never enjoyed controlling a SF game since the SNES glory days with that magnificent controller. I can't believe how good the mechanical keyboard felt controlling a game that I wore out so many SNES controllers with...

jlai

I play exclusively on keyboard for AE PC. It's just another method of input, a precise one at that if you have the muscle memory for it.

OceanBlue

Bought the pc version of ssf4ae on steam today. When I first tried playing the game, my timing felt off. Do any of the default settings (vsync/fixed framerate) cause input lag?

If it's your first time playing on PC, the timing on PC is different than consoles. It's supposedly arcade perfect, but I've never played on an arcade so I don't know.

LakeEarth

IMO Honda, does tons of damage, and has extra health to absorb. And you don't have to worry about supering because you'll blow it all on EX headbutt anyways.

Edgeward

I was gonna say Honda too. He was even better in Super and won me early matches with how stupid his damage output was in that version. Also hands -> st rh, real easy combo and good damage.

Been playing online for a while, got beat down a lot but got 2 ranked matches wins against newbies like me. Using Akuma and Juri.

Steam: ColossalLazy
GFWL: ColossalLazy

Tomat

Alright guys, I tried Guile. Shit didn't work, turns out I'm too much of a scrub to even know how to turtle properly.

Onemic

I hate you Audie. You know my undying hatred toward T hawk

Alright guys, I tried Guile. Shit didn't work, turns out I'm too much of a scrub to even know how to turtle properly.

turtling is an art. Just look at dieminion, arguably the best AE player in North America and his game is based on turtling.

EDIT: looking at your Ryu, you're much better than me. Guess that makes me a scrubs scrub.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This DL is ridiculous. I also didn't realize Steam stops your DL's while playing other games, so the entire time I was playing Darksiders, it was on chill mode.

Is Dudley any good in this edition? I was reading that he's pretty shitty compared to his 3rd Strike showing.

Edgeward

Defense is not easy. You are better off playing Ken and mashing lp srk.

This DL is ridiculous. I also didn't realize Steam stops your DL's while playing other games, so the entire time I was playing Darksiders, it was on chill mode.

Is Dudley any good in this edition? I was reading that he's pretty shitty compared to his 3rd Strike showing.

I think you can force steam to continue dling by alt tabbing out once in game and resuming the download.

Short swing blow is terrible in 4 compared to 3s. The differences in systems don't help him either.

Tomat

I hate you Audie. You know my undying hatred toward T hawk

turtling is an art. Just look at dieminion, arguably the best AE player in North America and his game is based on turtling.

EDIT: looking at your Ryu, you're much better than me. Guess that makes me a scrubs scrub.

Are you talking to me?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think you can force steam to continue dling by alt tabbing out once in game and resuming the download.

Short swing blow is terrible in 4 compared to 3s. The differences in systems don't help him either.

Bah, that sucks. Dudley was my man in 3s, but I guess I can take up Balrog/Blanka again. They're fun, and they're primarily who I played in SF4. I haven't tried AE yet, but I don't imagine they've changed since the days of 2T, hahaha.

Given my lack of 4 knowledge, does anyone play similarly to 3s Dudley? I don't really know the case very well.

Onemic

How have you even seen me play?

Guess you're not nabsbeats then. I'm in an endless set with Audie and when I entered he was bodying a dude named nabsbeats using Guile. Since you were talking about it at the exact same time he was being bodied, I assumed it was you.

Top Bottom