• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

SJRB

Gold Member
Is anyone playing this on PC?

If so, what way of control are you using? I'm using a Logitech F710 wireless controller but I'm getting annoying unresponsiveness issues. You know, press a button and nothing happens, that sort of stuff.

Turns out buttons functioning properly are actually pretty crucial when it comes to a fighting game. Or winning, at least.

Edgeward

You should never use a wireless controller because of latency. Any wired controller will do. Some go for a Dualshock 2/3, or a Madcatz pad, or even 360 wired pad. I'm not familiar with logitech controllers, but I would go for either an official console controller, or the latest products from Madcatz and Hori since they test and make them specifically for fighting games and its needs.

The game is fairly capable with tons of different controllers.

Onemic

Is anyone playing this on PC?

If so, what way of control are you using? I'm using a Logitech F710 wireless controller but I'm getting annoying unresponsiveness issues. You know, press a button and nothing happens, that sort of stuff.

Turns out buttons functioning properly are actually pretty crucial when it comes to a fighting game. Or winning, at least.

I just use my HORI stick.

But ya, don't use wireless. If you have a DS3, just connect it to your PC and get the motionjoy driver.

does anyone know if cloudius12 aka cloud aka flashkick fadc ultra still plays? i need to get some practice against guile

Cloudius has been playing a ton of TF2 and more recently Last Remnant.

TF2 has Cloudius, and you can't have him back.

When I played Abel I would always just mash down-back LP + LK. I don't know if it ever worked to tech throws, but it probably annoyed people getting hit by random lk's when they missed their combo or tried to walk forward.

I haven't played online of PSN is a long while. But yes I'm been playing too much of those other games.

I'm still up to help you out when I can. I'll just jump on randomly and see if you are on.

Still my net is still pretty shitty when someone else decide they want to youtube something.

It will be easier if you hit me up on Steam since I'm always on it. I can tell you when I'm available or not :)

SJRB

Gold Member
Thanks for the tip, guys. I installed MotionJoy and latency issues seem not as prevalent as with the wireless controller.

Still trying to figure out the best button configuration, I have heavy kick on the L2 trigger but maybe I should remap it to L1 for faster imput?

What button layout are you guys using?

Onemic

Thanks for the tip, guys. I installed MotionJoy and latency issues seem not as prevalent as with the wireless controller.

Still trying to figure out the best button configuration, I have heavy kick on the L2 trigger but maybe I should remap it to L1 for faster imput?

What button layout are you guys using?

When I was using a controller I set it to L1. Having it on the triggers just felt real uncomfortable.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I play SSF4AE almost everyday on PC, I'd be happy to play gaffers, my gfwl name is "ClawsTheOne" and my steam name is Claws. Please add me!

I haven't played online of PSN is a long while. But yes I'm been playing too much of those other games.

I'm still up to help you out when I can. I'll just jump on randomly and see if you are on.

Still my net is still pretty shitty when someone else decide they want to youtube something.

It will be easier if you hit me up on Steam since I'm always on it. I can tell you when I'm available or not :)

sounds good, but i'm not on steam or playing on pc :(

Venfayth

I found this post on Reddit and thought it was pretty interesting, some of you here might also:

It's a list of what all the Kanji (i think?) icons are, and what they mean:

sf4icons.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/xp6zi/anyone_able_to_give_me_a_list_of_what_these_icons/c5ocukb

Just a random thought. I've been playing this game on PC only for the past month. I'm finally playing on Xbox again because my cousin wants to play me. And damn, this game looks butt ugly on my 360+HDTV. Man, I've been too use to that 1080p goodness. It sucks to see the game like this again.

jlai

Just a random thought. I've been playing this game on PC only for the past month. I'm finally playing on Xbox again because my cousin wants to play me. And damn, this game looks butt ugly on my 360+HDTV. Man, I've been too use to that 1080p goodness. It sucks to see the game like this again.

Did you ever end up sorting out those input lag issues or whatever they were on PC? I remember you saying before it would never run very well for you.

OceanBlue

I feel like I need to apologize to everyone I play online. Either something is really wrong with my connection, everyone on PC is on the West Coast, or online is worse than I thought, because all of my matches for the past two weeks have been awful. It feels like there's literally 1/4 of a second of lag or something ridiculous like that.

Did you ever end up sorting out those input lag issues or whatever they were on PC? I remember you saying before it would never run very well for you.

Well things are definitely running better now. I didn't really do anything except run the D3Overrider thingy. I think my experience on Xbox is still a little better. But PC is right behind it right now.

I did play Kak earlier and our match was fucking awful. We use to play long sessions in Vanilla and that always went well. But he said his connection sucks this time of day(it was 6pm est for me).

jlai

Well things are definitely running better now. I didn't really do anything except run the D3Overrider thingy. I think my experience on Xbox is still a little better. But PC is right behind it right now.

I did play Kak earlier and our match was fucking awful. We use to play long sessions in Vanilla and that always went well. But he said his connection sucks this time of day(it was 6pm est for me).

Yeah, his net is pretty terrible during peak times. I personally still swear by v-sync off and just live with the screen tearing. Let's play some time!

PC version looks better even on my shitty iMac (running Win7). Xbox is old, so old.

Onemic

Ya, I can't play it on PS3 anymore because I'm too used to how good it looks on PC. On PS3 it looks like vaseline was smeared all over the screen.

I have been playing a lot of Street Fighter Turbo back in the 90ies. And I remember the day, when the game finally "clicked" for me. It felt like it had a certain rhythm to it.

Been playing a lot more SF4 than SF2 back in the day over the last three years, and I think SF4 never "clicked" with me.

Anybody else here with a similar problem?

And if not, is there something you changed in your personal playstyle that made the game "click" for you?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Btw, I have been maining Guile since SF2Turbo.

Velocity

Just got back into this game a few weeks ago. It's been a long time since I last played any fighting game so I'm kinda starting anew. I've got this game on PC (steam sale, dammit) and PS3, so I'm seeing if anyone on either platform wants to play and help me get my game up. As it is, I'm getting schooled pretty hard in online matches. I think I'm averaging like 1:20 W-L. Yeah... My handles are in my profile.

Marz

Just got back into this game a few weeks ago. It's been a long time since I last played any fighting game so I'm kinda starting anew. I've got this game on PC (steam sale, dammit) and PS3, so I'm seeing if anyone on either platform wants to play and help me get my game up. As it is, I'm getting schooled pretty hard in online matches. I think I'm averaging like 1:20 W-L. Yeah... My handles are in my profile.

Added u on PSN. Trying to learn stick so I probably won't give you very good competition but i'm usually on in the evenings so hit me up whenever you want to play.

I already pick Sagat and I dont play on PSLagNetwork so I am good. Thanks.

Playing on the PSN for this game is like playing underwater. Someone had the nerve to tell me it was my network and I needed to upgrade it. I told him XBLA and GFWL is fine, he still refused to believe that PSN for this game is ass...delusional fuck

Oh my God, that's fantastic!

Jyobin is truly a legend.

But really, the dude is a great player who just likes playing with a reckless style online. He's just having fun and screwing around. Then we have all these dudes who can't see this and thinks he's a scrub or that they're above this, like they play serious all day every day.

Venfayth

Lol @ that Jyobin video. Dat overhead spamming.

Jyobin is truly a legend.

But really, the dude is a great player who just likes playing with a reckless style online. He's just having fun and screwing around. Then we have all these dudes who can't see this and thinks he's a scrub or that they're above this, like they play serious all day every day.

He plays like I do when I've gotten tired of trying and I just want to troll :p

Top Bottom