• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

FStop7

Banned
I am totally new to SSF4, I haven't played an SF game since SF2:CE in the arcade. I want to learn to really play rather than just button mash. I started practicing with Akuma over the weekend and I've gotten a few basics worked out.

If anyone wants a practice dummy my Live gamertag is xNO CARRIERx

AutumnAve

I am totally new to SSF4, I haven't played an SF game since SF2:CE in the arcade. I want to learn to really play rather than just button mash. I started practicing with Akuma over the weekend and I've gotten a few basics worked out.

If anyone wants a practice dummy my Live gamertag is xNO CARRIERx

360 your only platform? I can spar with you if you can play on GFWL or PS3.

Onemic

Playing on the PSN for this game is like playing underwater. Someone had the nerve to tell me it was my network and I needed to upgrade it. I told him XBLA and GFWL is fine, he still refused to believe that PSN for this game is ass...delusional fuck

I don't know if I buy that. Playing the game on both GFWL and PSN, my experience with lag has been pretty similar, with me getting slightly better connections with GFWL, but I think that's mostly due to network setups and not due to inherently bad netcode for a particular version, considering the lag issue is never consistent and changes depending on who I'm facing.

sca2511

I don't know if I buy that. Playing the game on both GFWL and PSN, my experience with lag has been pretty similar, with me getting slightly better connections with GFWL, but I think that's mostly due to network setups and not due to inherently bad netcode for a particular version, considering the lag issue is never consistent and changes depending on who I'm facing.

It just seems like the net code on the PS3 version of the game is different than the ones on 360/PC. Anyone down to play? I'm sca2511 on PSN/GFWL.

As someone who also owns all 3 versions, I agree with BV. Online on PS3 is pretty bad compared to the 360 and GFWL versions from my own experience. I've even had issues playing my cousin who lives just 10 minutes away from me. We're both on Xbox now and hardly have any problems now. Fro what I've read it's almost universally agreed that the PS3 version has the worse online. It's not always bad, but it's laggy way too often.

Satyamdas

Banned
Oh growlithe it was you! Very cool. I'm glad I could be thrown by your akuma demon flip thing 5 times in a row. Oh and I caught saty on ranked. Nevermind... I don't like to think about it. Good session.
Woah, I had no idea you were a gaffot while we were playing. GGs dude. Your Choon Li has some seriously crispy links.

ok, I am quitting this game for realz now. I am atrocious at this game and my reactions and execution sucks. Last few games of getting beat down and receiving gloat messages is like the final straw. Just don't have time to keep up with everyone else. I need to find a new game to play and just relax after work...this game just makes me rage too much to be worth playing anymore T_T

Marz

ok, I am quitting this game for realz now. I am atrocious at this game and my reactions and execution sucks. Last few games of getting beat down and receiving gloat messages is like the final straw. Just don't have time to keep up with everyone else. I need to find a new game to play and just relax after work...this game just makes me rage too much to be worth playing anymore T_T

Lol that's the beauty of fighting games....the more time you actually invest into them and spend practicing the better you become.

But honestly who has time to get good at a fighting game while having a full time job+other life stuff going on? I have a hard time finding time to practice this game for more than like an hour a night and I freaking love this game.<_<

Lol that's the beauty of fighting games....the more time you actually invest into them and spend practicing the better you become.

But honestly who has time to get good at a fighting game while having a full time job+other life stuff going on? I have a hard time finding time to practice this game for more than like an hour a night and I freaking love this game.<_<

when I have some free time, I am like, "okay, I'll play a few rounds, no more than an hour." Then I get filled with salt, and I end up playing wayyyy too long than I should for the sake of some mental redemption....but it just becomes a downward spiral of headaches, lol. Then I go to work the next day feeling like a zombie and can't function. I love the game, but my skills have plateaued the past few months and hit a wall....so i feel more frustrated than anything. And when I win, it feels fraudulent, hehe.

Satyamdas

Banned
when I have some free time, I am like, "okay, I'll play a few rounds, no more than an hour." Then I get filled with salt, and I end up playing wayyyy too long than I should for the sake of some mental redemption....but it just becomes a downward spiral of headaches, lol. Then I go to work the next day feeling like a zombie and can't function. I love the game, but my skills have plateaued the past few months and hit a wall....so i feel more frustrated than anything. And when I win, it feels fraudulent, hehe.
I see threi's patented Street Fighter demotivational courses are already paying dividends!

Awesome work, threi!

j/k, <3 u threi!

threi

Botox, say it ain't so... TT__TT

You were my sparring buddy. Don't quit, just play GAF members or do you get salty with us as well?

Botox, say it ain't so... TT__TT

You were my sparring buddy. Don't quit, just play GAF members or do you get salty with us as well?

I never get salty with GAF members....always fun playing with you when we do play, one of the rare times when the game feels actually fun! :) But most of my online playtime still ends up consisting of 85% random online wankers....and they're mean to me T_T

I am going to try might hand at other games for now and see what happens. But i still love watching high-level play on youtube....and a lot of times, it inspires me to try and get better at the game again.

xCobalt

I never get salty with GAF members....always fun playing with you when we do play, one of the rare times when the game feels actually fun! :) But most of my online playtime still ends up consisting of 85% random online wankers....and they're mean to me T_T

I am going to try might hand at other games for now and see what happens. But i still love watching high-level play on youtube....and a lot of times, it inspires me to try and get better at the game again.

When you play against randoms, do you go to ranked or endless? I usually play in endless and I tend to enjoy it more.

AutumnAve

I used to get so salty after a bad loss, it was sad. I've pretty much destroyed a madcatz TE (don't tell MarkMan!) What helped me was to realize that one shouldn't get so invested in the BP or PP, they don't matter, they mean nothing.

Save your replays, especially your losses and watch them. When you're in the moment its difficult to appreciate where you made a crucial mistake (or ten) but after you've cooled down? Absolutely.

Something else to try: play rounds where you don't jump, or don't use fierce punch/roundhouse kick, no focus attack setups. Why? To get you out of your habits, there's more than one way to win, and to win, you have to be unpredictable. A good, experienced player will know what you'll try, even before you try it, that goes double for when your frustrated.

Wrapping all that up, every player, no matter how good will give you a chance to counter-attack, it's in your best interest to be able to pull at least one good b & b combo at a moments notice. And sadly practice is the only way to climb to that mountain top.

When you play against randoms, do you go to ranked or endless? I usually play in endless and I tend to enjoy it more.

I play mostly endless.

Like the last time I played, I beat this guy with my crap akuma. And he messages me, "You are a really bad player!!" And I reply, "wut, this is casuals, who the fuck cares!?" I've been getting a lot of shitty messages lately.

Marz

fuck em. Just reply to those kind of messages with smiley faces.......gets under people's skin for whatever reason.

"ur so annoying bro for spamming that move I would rape you offline"

:)

"your bad at this game"

"you left before i switched to my main character"

Getting a lot of hatemail on the PC side of SSF4AE. Here is one that really cracked me up. Laughed out loud.

dad.jpg

thelastword

Banned
Does anybody have an extra copy of Super Street Fighter AE from the July steam sale. I read that persons had the option of buying a 4 Pack set of the game. If you do and you're so kind please pm me so we can arrange something via paypal.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Getting hatemail is the best kind of reward. It lets you know that you're doing something right.

And it's good for a laugh if it's really, really stupid!

fuck em. Just reply to those kind of messages with smiley faces.......gets under people's skin for whatever reason.

"ur so annoying bro for spamming that move I would rape you offline"

"your bad at this game"

"you left before i switched to my main character"

I find that the classic "lol u mad" always works best.

In other news, I managed to get sponsored by the LAN center my group goes to for local play and ranbats. Yeah that means its not a big name but my trip to Seasons Beatings is being paid damn near in full. Seriously all I have to pay for is food while I am out there.

MIMIC

Banned
People playing this game are so lame and predictable -__-

So I'm destroying this dude with Fuerte over and over and I get the feeling that if he wins just once, he's gonna leave (because he's playing super intense...probably mashing the buttons off).

So I test my theory: I pick a different character and he beats me. Sure enough, he leaves.

Maybe that's what I should start doing from now on: whenever I get the feeling that they're going to do that, destroy them once and bounce.

Top Bottom