• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

xCobalt

People playing this game are so lame and predictable -__-

So I'm destroying this dude with Fuerte over and over and I get the feeling that if he wins just once, he's gonna leave (because he's playing super intense...probably mashing the buttons off).

So I test my theory: I pick a different character and he beats me. Sure enough, he leaves.

Maybe that's what I should start doing from now on: whenever I get the feeling that they're going to do that, destroy them once and bounce.

What if he's thinking that if he leaves after a loss, it makes him look like he's rage quitting? It's a lose-lose situation!

Seriously though, I've done that before. If I lose to someone that is clearly better than me, I won't leave until I can beat him or at least make it a close match. I try to recognize what I'm doing wrong and what exactly is making me lose the match then try to change my strategy and remember it for the future. Although, I wouldn't leave if I beat a character that wasn't their main. :p

People playing this game are so lame and predictable -__-

So I'm destroying this dude with Fuerte over and over and I get the feeling that if he wins just once, he's gonna leave (because he's playing super intense...probably mashing the buttons off).

So I test my theory: I pick a different character and he beats me. Sure enough, he leaves.

Maybe that's what I should start doing from now on: whenever I get the feeling that they're going to do that, destroy them once and bounce.

Usually it goes like this (for me):
1.) Beat the dude 1-5 times
2.) Beats me for the first time
3.) Kicks me out

Usually it goes like this (for me):
1.) Beat the dude 1-5 times
2.) Beats me for the first time
3.) Kicks me out

This happens to me, but in ranked. Beat a dude 2+ times, he finally beats me and never returns because he finally got me. But I actually get more annoyed with dudes who are tied up with me and then run for it after getting me back when I won the first game. Whether they host or I do, they want the runback because they lost. But then they don't enter my room again or avoids hosting so I could enter there's to settle things in a 3rd match. I mean come on, lets do at least 2/3 to get a little bit of closure. But these guys mentality are more of the kiddy type. Which is something like "haha, I got you last and we'll never play again :p".

I don't get these attitudes though. When a guy keeps kicking my ass, I want to keep playing him. And when I do win, that's not the signal to runaway with some kind of moral victory. I'll keep going back until one of us quits. But it won't because I finally got one win.

Satyamdas

Banned
That would include yourself?
I remember playing you for several matches, your fuerte need major work. Hit me up for rematches

n3oGAF
mu4xh.gif

MIMIC

Banned
That would include yourself?
I remember playing you for several matches, your fuerte need major work. Hit me up for rematches

n3oGAF

OK, I remember you. Another Yun -__-

But sure, some more matches sound good. I could always use some practice blocking up-kick reversals ;)

EDIT: I just perfect'd some guy and in the next round, he didn't move until after maybe 10 or 15 seconds. That seems to happen a lot (no movement after a perfect). Physical abuse to the stick/controller, perhaps? :)

Hey Black Vegeta, if you're looking for more material. There is a bunch of it on the TWFighters stream archive. Apparently this was yesterday, but nobody knew about it. I had no clue it was going on or I would have watched it for sure. The Tokido vs Infiltration match is already uploaded, but there are a bunch of other sets between the participants of the Asia qualifier and Mago/Tokido who came for exhibition matches.

http://www.twitch.tv/twfighter/b/330028108

I know you said you only do Japanese, so this may not fit your criteria. But I'm just putting it out there for those of you who want to watch high level SF4 play.

Sup guys and gal,

I entered my first tournament over the weekend. Jayce the Ace and Alex Valle were two of the participants. It was a Swiss-style tourney, and I ended up finishing 2-2, which was better than I thought I'd do. My goal was to make it out with at least 1 win.

I'm looking forward to playing more local matches, because the nerves were really getting to me throughout. I got destroyed by a Yun during my last match. My yoga seriously failed. It was a weird experience to play in zero lag conditions; I was constantly reacting with my anti airs way too early.

Sup guys and gal,

I entered my first tournament over the weekend. Jayce the Ace and Alex Valle were two of the participants. It was a Swiss-style tourney, and I ended up finishing 2-2, which was better than I thought I'd do. My goal was to make it out with at least 1 win.

I'm looking forward to playing more local matches, because the nerves were really getting to me throughout. I got destroyed by a Yun during my last match. My yoga seriously failed. It was a weird experience to play in zero lag conditions; I was constantly reacting with my anti airs way to early.

nice job! i took a look at the bracket and i don't know the guy you played last, but the first guy you played against i've heard is pretty legit.

if you can't make it out to the hosted sessions or don't want to pay for parking, i live in irvine and sometimes have a couple people over from there for ae (followed by wingstop lol). though we decided this weekend are gonna start leveling up in marvel, we're always willing to play ae. my friend has a pretty legit cody and a pocket t(roll). hawk. i'll hit you up next time we decide to session.

jlai

Sup guys and gal,

I'm looking forward to playing more local matches, because the nerves were really getting to me throughout. I got destroyed by a Yun during my last match. My yoga seriously failed. It was a weird experience to play in zero lag conditions; I was constantly reacting with my anti airs way to early.

Was it the UCI monthly? I've been meaning to make it out to some of their events/weeklies, but have just been lazy. Wish something like that was in existence when I went to school there (Zot Zot!) but I guess those were the FG dark ages.

Heh, and I've AA ultra 1'd with makoto too early a few times playing in person, being too used to online lag.

You live in SoCal and this is your first tournament...ever? Well at least you finally went to one.

You said you got destroyed by a Yun, was it Jayce the Ace? I was watching the UCI tournament for a while but then tuned back into Summer Jam when they started doing SF4 teams. I don't know if that's the tournament you attended but Valle was definitely there so I figure it must be. Good job though on going 2-2, keep it up man.

MIMIC

Banned
Sup guys and gal,

Heh.

Kevo, message me any time when you have sessions. I can play UMVC3, too, but I'm ass at it haha. I forget the player I played first, and I'm not saying I could've won, but I'm disappointed I didn't do better. Nerves got me.

jlai, I wish they had this group up and running when I went attended, too. It's a chore for me to get out and play, but I'm glad I made the effort. You should roll out next time, man.

Yes, Rice, this was my first tourney. Hard to motivate myself to play because none of my other friends play, and with work and the family taking priority, playing SF takes a backseat most of the time. But I think I can swing a monthly tournament and random sessions every now and then. Oh, and the Yun that beat wasn't Jayce.

jlai

Kevo, message me any time when you have sessions. I can play UMVC3, too, but I'm ass at it haha. I forget the player I played first, and I'm not saying I could've won, but I'm disappointed I didn't do better. Nerves got me.

jlai, I wish they had this group up and running when I went attended, too. It's a chore for me to get out and play, but I'm glad I made the effort. You should roll out next time, man.

Yes, Rice, this was my first tourney. Hard to motivate myself to play because none of my other friends play, and with work and the family taking priority, playing SF takes a backseat most of the time. But I think I can swing a monthly tournament and random sessions every now and then. Oh, and the Yun that beat wasn't Jayce.

The whole time I was there (04-08), the student center was under construction too so there wasn't even the Zot Zone either!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I get love mail these days. It's weird.

Hate it when people friend you but never play games with you. Like why even bother. What's the damn point of being on my FR then.

I get love mail these days. It's weird.

Hate it when people friend you but never play games with you. Like why even bother. What's the damn point of being on my FR then.

guilty, sorry, lol

last time we played, the connection was too laggy...like underwater, felt helpless. Me being in the west coast now doesn't help. And I tend to only like 1vs1 lobbies, cuz I h8 waitin' lol

if I start playing this game again, I will only play people on my friend's list from now on. I need to befriend moar GAFers.

guilty, sorry, lol

last time we played, the connection was too laggy...like underwater, felt helpless. Me being in the west coast now doesn't help. And I tend to only like 1vs1 lobbies, cuz I h8 waitin' lol

if I start playing this game again, I will only play people on my friend's list from now on. I need to befriend moar GAFers.

Samehere, my connection with Kadey isn't so hawt but I'll still play for da fun.

YES, Botox is BACK!!! :D

And I tend to only like 1vs1 lobbies, cuz I h8 waitin' lol

Yup, samehere. Waiting in a 8 man lobby is zzZZZzzzZZzzzZZZzville

Well don't blame me Kadey, because you never friend me :(

But me an BV always see each other online and decide not to play each other lol. I'm always assuming that he logs on to find matches to upload so I don't bother him. I'm always down for matches, it's just my work schedule keeps me away until past midnight. I don't get home till 2-3 AM so I figured everybody is knocked out by then.

And if possible, I hope we can keep this thread somewhat alive. The FGC weekly thread is basically the Marvel weekly thread so I have almost no reason to venture in there much for discussion anymore.

Sayah

I want to play this but I've been so damn busy. I know you must miss my Sakura Kadey. It's not everyday you get the privilege to face high-level competition like that.

Top Bottom