• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

cackhyena

You're actually the first person I've heard saying they're addicted to SF4. For what it's worth, I do the same thing too. I have yet to finish games like Skyrim, Dark Souls, Deus Ex:HR, and a few others just because I keep going back to SF4. I'm playing persona 4 right now but I have a feeling I'll fall back to SF4.

It's not really a problem for me because I'll eventually go back to those games and make some progress (no matter how little). The only situation I see myself stop playing any game is if it has been detrimental to my life rather than other games.

I mean, the big tent pole titles like the latest Assassin's Creed, Portal 2, Arkham City and the like would hold my attention till I finished, but not much else. Right back to it. And for some reason, only 4. MvC3 couldn't keep me interested, KoFs, SFxT...none of them beyond SF4 and it's iterations.

Nothing I couldn't back off of in terms of real life shit, but man, it had a stranglehold on other games for the most part.

You're done with fighting games right when TTT2 is about to come out? How sad.

It would be if I ever had any interest in Tekken.

xCobalt

I mean, the big tent pole titles like the latest Assassin's Creed, Portal 2, Arkham City and the like would hold my attention till I finished, but not much else. Right back to it. And for some reason, only 4. MvC3 couldn't keep me interested, KoFs, SFxT...none of them beyond SF4 and it's iterations.

Nothing I couldn't back off of in terms of real life shit, but man, it had a stranglehold on other games for the most part.

Same thing here man. I managed to beat AC Revelations just a couple of weeks ago without taking a break. I usually stop playing some of the games if they're long or I dislike certain aspects of it. In regards to fighters, the main reason I play SF4 the most is because I know other people that do. I rarely play Ranked or random lobbies but having sessions at my friends house or just playing with people on my friends list makes it fun and enjoyable.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
GYXlZ.gif

Please point out where someone has gotten banned simply for having a different opinion than me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You will feel my wrath next time.

Edit: I keep doing double posts. :/

I'll be waiting.

So I tried playing with one hand. Turns out Sim is not bad using one hand. Except for doing teleports and Ultras, he's pretty easy to use like that.

i get a "unhandled error accured (-1)" error when starting the game from steam. i even reinstalled a fresh copy of windows. does anybody know what to do?

El Sloth

Banned
Just checking in to say I'm still ass. And that Gouken is awesome.

I just got done watching one of the extra episodes of Asura's Wrath where he and Akuma duke it out. If you haven't watched it yet, please do so. It's so damn ridiculous and a fun little watch.

Asura belongs in a Marvel game.

Siaynoqq

Been playing a lot of Gouken lately. Something about his character is really addicting. I think once you get to using the fireballs properly instead of throwing them randomly and hoping to guess right, he becomes a straight beast. No need for wakeup options if you cant get a knockdown!

Onemic

My local scene says I should start playing this game more, so I think I'm just gonna go all in and drop maining Yun to level up my real favourite character: Makoto. Just wait Sayah, in 3 months, your ass is getting bodied.

xCobalt

Been playing a lot of Gouken lately. Something about his character is really addicting. I think once you get to using the fireballs properly instead of throwing them randomly and hoping to guess right, he becomes a straight beast. No need for wakeup options if you cant get a knockdown!

I've been using him since release and I really enjoy him too. Once you play against more competent players, you'll have to rely less on fireballs. Many characters have ways around fireballs and patient players can just walk forward and block.

Been running Hakan now as a backup to Claw. Any tips I should know about? From my experience, I really like Oiled forward FP, Oiled FK and Standing FP as well. Keeping oil can be a bitch sometimes all the time, but it's necessary(I love attribute characters like this anyway). I do forget he has an air grab though...

What else should I know, for starters?

Sayah

I'll be waiting.

So I tried playing with one hand. Turns out Sim is not bad using one hand. Except for doing teleports and Ultras, he's pretty easy to use like that.

Playing with one hand? pffffft. I've been playing with my feet this whole time. Just imagine how stunned you will be from my glorious play once I start using hands.

(I will be online soon.)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I might play tonight. Depends if I want to play my new games. Thanks to the TRU deal I have a bunch of new ones. I can see myself playing Sleeping Dogs but I don't know about DSII.

Nyoro SF

I don't get how you beat Izuna Drops. He can grab you even if you're crouching? But you have to block high for the claw one?

Backdash right before it hits. He can only activate the drop/claw mixup if you let him get that far from the wall to you. If he goes for another wall dive beat it with a jump back normal like a roundhouse.

Murry33

Neo Member
Tell that to rufus :p

Jump back roundhouse is his best counter to it, however if you think he's going to use the wall dive to run away, you can chase it with dash up ex messiah or jump forward rh then cr.fp to catch the recovery.

In this video you see justin going for cr.mp, j.rh and even EX snake strike counters to the wall dive throughout the entire match. You just have to read the direction he's going to go from the wall and choose your counter that way.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Jump back roundhouse is his best counter to it, however if you think he's going to use the wall dive to run away, you can chase it with dash up ex messiah or jump forward rh then cr.fp to catch the recovery.

In this video you see justin going for cr.mp, j.rh and even EX snake strike counters to the wall dive throughout the entire match. You just have to read the direction he's going to go from the wall and choose your counter that way.

You are going to kill me because I, for some reason, confused izuna drop with guy's elbow drop lol. Yeah I know...

Top Bottom