• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

I use to mash LP SRK back in the day. But nowadays when I mash I always go for fierce or EX SRK instead. Gotta get back to my roots and go for that baited(and blocked) LP SRK into another LP SRK.

SSF4AE PC Adventures! I think I played against some one kinda famous today. Ibuki player called Perfect Izuna. He had 6000+ PP and 25k BP. Connection wasn't the best, but it was still pretty playable. Uploaded the matches.

Balrog vs Ibuki
Soooo close

Deejay is S tier

Edit: Although I don't understand how he got 25k BP with only ~130 ranked matches.

Trying to get a match in thread is impossible. I miss the old days. ;__;

Same here, I always come back to check the thread. But messages asking for matches may be as little as 30 minutes too late to 6+ hours. I feel like the only way is to schedule a time. Like "yo guys, I want to play this Friday, 10pm Eastern time, be there or be square!". But nobody ever does that(including me).

Tr4nce

Damn, I am so stupid. When, I was 12 or so, I had my first encounter with the SNES (HOLY SH*T THOSE GRAPHICS!!!!) as well as Street Fighter 2. I was mesmerized. The music, the characters, the stages, the music, the graphics, the fighting, the special moves. I was in love. Then when I saw the first info about Street Fighter 4 here on NeoGaf, so many years later, I was disappointed. Disappointed with the new graphical style, the new music. But you know, it is still street Fighter. My favorite fighter ever. There's just something about the name and the characters, and their backgrounds which makes it the best beat 'm up for me.

So, this week I decided to cave and buy SFIV. Damn, I still think they could better have 'updated' the graphical style more like SFII HD Remix, but I am in love with Street Fighter again. I think about it the whole day, want to play it all day. The passion is back. Street Fighter, damn. I think I love you!

LakeEarth

When I played vanilla and had no consistency in Abel's link, I would intentionally "drop" combos just to bait out dp mashing.

You should always bait online. Baiting is awesome because you have the damaging punish in your brain ready to go, which is better then trying to come up with one with an unexpected punish opportunity (which is why people get smacked by the lp SRK x 2 "frame-trap").

With Abel I'd crossup j.mk into tornado throw once, then on my next opportunity, crossup j.mk and just block. Works amazing on an online level.

xCobalt

The punishment window is shorter than you'd think. You always want to go for the big punish, but you usually have to go with something quicker for a blocked jab SRK.

The punishment window is rather long (around -20?), it's just that people wait till the opponent is grounded before they try and punish. Best bet is to hit them in the air with a special move or just raw ultra.

The punishment window is rather long (around -20?), it's just that people wait till the opponent is grounded before they try and punish. Best bet is to hit them in the air with a special move or just raw ultra.

Its actually shorter than you think. To combo you can't hit him until he is back on the ground (there are exceptions, most ultra/super for example). The -17 (Ryu's lp SRK) is actually ticking away while they are in the air, you still have time to punish but not as much as advertised.

You hit him earlier and you only end up reseting him in the air and you get nothing...or you get DP'd again trying to continue the combo.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
lp srk > lp srk can work as a bait if you're opponent is predictable in a specific situation (not where the first srk is blocked).

xCobalt

Its actually shorter than you think. To combo you can't hit him until he is back on the ground (there are exceptions, most ultra/super for example). The -17 (Ryu's lp SRK) is actually ticking away while they are in the air, you still have time to punish but not as much as advertised.

You hit him earlier and you only end up reseting him in the air and you get nothing...or you get DP'd again trying to continue the combo.

17 frames is still a big window to do anything you want, it's just that doing a full combo may not be the best idea. Most reliable option would be to do a sweep or a special move for the soft knockdown. Any other normal would cause an air reset. That said, anyone have an idea how many frames Ryu is grounded during the end of his light srk?

Anyways, I started playing again in preparation for an upcoming tournament (Justin Wong will be there!). Anyone on xbox wanna play? My GT is xCobalt

USD

That said, anyone have an idea how many frames Ryu is grounded during the end of his light srk?

Here's a bigger breakdown, in order of L/M/H/EX. This is just the grounded frames of recovery, not the disadvantage on block or total recovery. The ones marked with an asterisk don't have full invincibility on start-up, i.e. you can potentially stuff them before reaching start-up.

Ryu (Shoryuken): 10/18/18/18

Ken (Shoryuken): 8/14/9/9

Sagat (Tiger Uppercut): 16/16/16/17

C.Viper (Thunder Knuckle): -/-/13/-

Seth (Shoryuken): 13*/13/13/13

Akuma (Goshoryuken): 18/18/18/18

Cammy (Cannon Spike): 12/12/12/12

Fei Long (Shienkyaku): 22/22/22/22

Dan (Koryuken): 11*/19/19/19

Dudley (Jet Upper): 9*/12*/12*/12

Adon (Rising Jaguar): 13*/13*/13/10

Yun (Nishokyaku): 11/14*/14/17
Yun (Nishokyaku, during Gen'ei Jin): 11/10/12/-

Yang (Senkyutai): 14/14*/14*/17*

Evil Ryu (Shoryuken): 10/18/18/18

Oni: (Goshoryuken): 10*/10/10/10

xCobalt

Here's a bigger breakdown, in order of L/M/H/EX. This is just the grounded frames of recovery, not the disadvantage on block or total recovery. The ones marked with an asterisk do have full invincibility on start-up, i.e. you can potentially stuff them before reaching start-up.

Ryu (Shoryuken): 10/18/18/18

Ken (Shoryuken): 8/14/9/9

Sagat (Tiger Uppercut): 16/16/16/17

C.Viper (Thunder Knuckle): -/-/13/-

Seth (Shoryuken): 13*/13/13/13

Akuma (Goshoryuken): 18/18/18/18

Cammy (Cannon Spike): 12/12/12/12

Fei Long (Shienkyaku): 22/22/22/22

Dan (Koryuken): 11*/19/19/19

Dudley (Jet Upper): 9*/12*/12*/12

Adon (Rising Jaguar): 13*/13*/13/10

Yun (Nishokyaku): 11/14*/14/17
Yun (Nishokyaku, during Gen'ei Jin): 11/10/12/-

Yang (Senkyutai): 14/14*/14*/17*

Evil Ryu (Shoryuken): 10/18/18/18

Oni: (Goshoryuken): 10*/10/10/10

Thanks. I'll definitely be saving this.

SUPARSTARX

How much better would Oni be if he could focus cancel his srk?

Really good.

Can you imagine with all the good tools he has already, plus DP FADC Ultra? DP FADC normal xx Slashes for gimmicks? Plus his keepaway game isn't that bad either and if he got DP FADC he can just backdash and safely stay that way. Wack!

Marz

Really good.

Can you imagine with all the good tools he has already, plus DP FADC Ultra? DP FADC normal xx Slashes for gimmicks? Plus his keepaway game isn't that bad either and if he got DP FADC he can just backdash and safely stay that way. Wack!

Did they ever give an explanation for why they made him not be able to cancel it? Seems like making him disadvantaged for no reason as far as i'm concerned.

xCobalt

Really good.

He can already DP fadc ultra and his slashes aren't that useful if you know how to punish them. I believe you can just throw Oni during the start up of the slash so you won't get hit by those knockdown shenanigans.

If he could focus cancel his dp on block, he'd definitely be a better character. I do think Oni is rather an unexplored character though.

He can already DP fadc ultra and his slashes aren't that useful if you know how to punish them. I believe you can just throw Oni during the start up of the slash so you won't get hit by those knockdown shenanigans.

If he could focus cancel his dp on block, he'd definitely be a better character. I do think Oni is rather an unexplored character though.

Honestly all he needs is his walk speed cranked up a bit, his AA normals are more than good enough to discourage jumping when he is not on his ass and it is kind of refreshing to have a shoto who has to commit if they want to DP on knockdown

Marz

Honestly all he needs is his walk speed cranked up a bit, his AA normals are more than good enough to discourage jumping when he is not on his ass and it is kind of refreshing to have a shoto who has to commit if they want to DP on knockdown

How is it refreshing? Just means he has a shittier DP.

xCobalt

Well that was disheartening. I thought I created an unblockable setup against Seth and proceeded to spend a rather long time recreating the situation, timing the setup with various normals and testing to make sure if it worked with any other character.

It was discovered a year ago. :(

Top Bottom