• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

I wish I could watch it, but the problem is that I won't be up that late, has nothing to do with money. I hope Daigo makes it, don't really care too much for the other guys still in. Hopefully Tokido will make it from the Brazilian qualifier.

As for you BV, is YF a Dhalsim player? If he is he'll be throwing out limbs from full screen so you better brush up on laggy Sim matches. Is rentahamster or micvlad still around? Or maybe just hop on PSN and play log ride on wifi.

I wish I could watch it, but the problem is that I won't be up that late, has nothing to do with money. I hope Daigo makes it, don't really care too much for the other guys still in. Hopefully Tokido will make it from the Brazilian qualifier.

As for you BV, is YF a Dhalsim player? If he is he'll be throwing out limbs from full screen so you better brush up on laggy Sim matches. Is rentahamster or micvlad still around? Or maybe just hop on PSN and play log ride on wifi.

LOL!

Kokonoe

Banned
Well, I'm rather tired of waiting for the Skullgirls PC port, so I suppose it's time to get back into Street Fighter. Do people mainly play on 360? I have the 360 version and the PC version.

xCobalt

Heh thats to be expected when its a red bar connection!

The actual matches seemed relatively smooth. There weren't any noticeable stuttering except for a few instances but I suppose there could have been some delay between inputs. Regardless, I got a lot to improve on!

Well, I'm rather tired of waiting for the Skullgirls PC port, so I suppose it's time to get back into Street Fighter. Do people mainly play on 360? I have the 360 version and the PC version.

Between those two versions, there definitely seems to be more people on PC. I'm always down to play. I'm on XBL and the gamertag is xCobalt

Arzehn

Whats the best way to get in on Ryu as Dudley to start the BnB combo? Against non-shoryuken characters i'm just jumping hkick into combo but I'm not sure what to do against shotos. :(

xCobalt

Whats the best way to get in on Ryu as Dudley to start the BnB combo? Against non-shoryuken characters i'm just jumping hkick into combo but I'm not sure what to do against shotos. :(

You should only be using jump attacks if it's a safe jump setup or if it's an attempt to punish something. Every character can anti air...they don't need a shoryuken.

Against shotos, I'd imagine dudley would need to just inch their way forward to get into range. Block or duck under fireballs from long range and just keep moving. Once you're in range of your forward hard punch, that's when you can start playing your game. Go for a throw and setup high/lows from there into your bnbs. Some Dudley players like to just use EX machine gun blow from full screen to get in but that's unsafe.

I'm not a Dudley player so I may not be giving the best advice. :)

You should only be using jump attacks if it's a safe jump setup or if it's an attempt to punish something. Every character can anti air...they don't need a shoryuken.

Against shotos, I'd imagine dudley would need to just inch their way forward to get into range. Block or duck under fireballs from long range and just keep moving. Once you're in range of your forward hard punch, that's when you can start playing your game. Go for a throw and setup high/lows from there into your bnbs. Some Dudley players like to just use EX machine gun blow from full screen to get in but that's unsafe.

I'm not a Dudley player so I may not be giving the best advice. :)

The bad ones like doing it.

MGB is never something that should cross your mind as a tool to get in. EX MGB is -8 on block, so it's basically free punish. The only time you should ever use EX MGB full screen is to get under Akuma's air fireballs. If you're facing a guy who's just doing jumpback air fireball, just EX MGB and you'll get a full combo for free.

The only way you should be getting in is walking forward, using the ducks (abuse the different distances so they won't know where you'll land) and safe jumps. Against shotos, this means you'll have to get a feel for what your opponent looks like when they want to throw a fireball. Once they do, then you can duck in and punish with a straight. However, if you face a half decent shoto, they won't throw fireballs at dudley =P.

If you're reasonably close, f.mk is good for inching your way in and catching some pokes. It does 100 damage. 100. RIDICULOUS. The range is short, but it's still a nice way to advance forward with an attack. Can be linked into f.hk > anything.

Edgeward

Are any of them perm'd? Some other known members got perm'd recently because of the PC brigade.

Edit: I see in the FGC topic that Greg at least is confirmed perm'd. RIP

Put me in both, fuck that, lets run PC as well and I want in all 3. Nobody no matter which platform you're on will be safe from my wake up dragons. I will carry the spirit of Time Dog and Eissan with me.

Top Bottom