• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

xCobalt

Based off of the posts of people who showed interest, running it on Xbox and PS3 covers everyone. I may have overlooked someone but those who wanted it on PC had access to other systems.

GafBats Season 3 signups thread is up!!!! PC/PS3 only, sorry 360 only users. 1 console/platform per player, not trying to deal with all that mess. Choose wisely.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43295707#post43295707

ib0Alfk2NJqn7X.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Why is that?

Sakura's trade setups are good because her fierces are really fast (I forgot if her st.hp is 4 frames, but I know her cr.hp is) so that gives her a lot of flexibility with timing. Plus she can cancel them into lk tatsu so if she just gets a regular hit with them, she can easily confirm into a full combo. On block she can still cancel into lk tatsu and maintain pressure. Unless she's fighting a character with a fast normal that will trade with anything she does after lk tatsu. I'm not much of a Sakura player though so I'm sure DBJ will come in and say I'm not exactly right about something.

A lot of characters have these trade setups, but there aren't many characters that have all the variables come into alignment and make them preferable over other options. A lot of heavy normals are either really slow, negative on block so you forfeit pressure, or just plain unsafe up close. Ryu's looks good, but I kinda figure it's only that good if you think you're gonna kill with it, because in general you want that dp fadc ultra to be a threat.

But yeah. If you hit someone with a trade into ultra on a stream it woud be hype as fuck, but for the most part there are just better options.

Onemic

Picking Makoto for the ranbat was a mistake. I cant stand her playstyle. 3S was tolerable, but I just cant understand how to play her properly in AE.

broz0rs

Does Sakura have a unblockable setup involving jump fierce after throw? I played a game earlier where it seems I might have fallen for it.

you know, i have to thank black vegeta for the gafbat.

i had sf4 since release and barely had 2 hours on it to this day. being in the gafbat has forced me to play and finally learn stick since playing sf2 in 1996. i kinda regret not getting into sf4 sooner, and just being a spectator.

i knew if i was going to have a chance in gafbats to not be knocked out in the 1st round is trial by fire. So i threw myself into ranked matches and have been fighting the top peeps. screw my ranking! i'm a bit more consistent in results now!

I still am free to the vets, but don't sleep on me just yet son!

i can see where he is coming from. Makoto, while i'm not decent with her, was unique and fun to experiment with on 3S. the art style also benefited her speed.

Sf4 she feels too floaty and sluggish for some reason. i think the 2.5d art style greatly hinders the ability to keep up with her "flow".

jlai

i can see where he is coming from. Makoto, while i'm not decent with her, was unique and fun to experiment with on 3S. the art style also benefited her speed.

Sf4 she feels too floaty and sluggish for some reason. i think the 2.5d art style greatly hinders the ability to keep up with her "flow".

If anything, I feel like she has better fluidity and more streamlined movement in SF4 rather than 3S considering dashes in 3S have more significantly more recovery on them.

The bitch feels way too fast for me when I play against Jtai.

Before I know it, dash dash>ex grab>ultra

ZzZzzzZzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZ

Imm0rt4l

No mas. She just doesnt fit my playstyle whatsoever. I think I'm just gonna practice Akuma and get bodied with Makoto in the bats. She isn't fun to train with at all compared to 3S Mak and it just feels like a chore trying to level up with her.

We should get some games in some time. I haven't played this game in more than 2 months.

Onemic

We should get some games in some time. I haven't played this game in more than 2 months.

Im down, just shoot me a pm here or on PSN when you wanna play Im usually down every night.

EDIT: ggs man, my router is random as fuck and disconnected me, now for some reason I can't log back onto PSN :/

As you can see my day 1 Akuma and totally scrub Ryu are terrible.

simtmb

Any deals for the digital version of this game on PC? For the UK. Thanks! On Steam its 25 pounds, looking for something less.

No deals it seems. I haven't played this game for ages, and decided i might play it again but i want to try it on PC. Can't find any good deals though.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Since people say cammy is like Mitsuru, Im gonna change my main once again and train with her instead of Akuma.

Wut? Cammy is nothing like Mitsuru. The only thing Cammy has in common with Mitsuru is that they're both really good.

Well, I guess Cammy does get rewarded in a big way for baiting throws, but that's the only similarity.

You want a character like Mitsuru in AE, use Bison or Vega. Those characters have the most in common with Mitsuru, but they're not as good as she is. And the differences between them are still pretty large since it's hard to find a super accurate analogue for an air dasher character in a non air dasher.

Onemic

Wut? Cammy is nothing like Mitsuru. The only thing Cammy has in common with Mitsuru is that they're both really good.

Well, I guess Cammy does get rewarded in a big way for baiting throws, but that's the only similarity.

You want a character like Mitsuru in AE, use Bison or Vega. Those characters have the most in common with Mitsuru, but they're not as good as she is. And the differences between them are still pretty large since it's hard to find a super accurate analogue for an air dasher character in a non air dasher.

I guess because shes supposed to be a rushdown character based on frametraps? Unless Bison is like that. Honestly, watching bison play he seems pretty similar to her.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I guess because shes supposed to be a rushdown character based on frametraps? Unless Bison is like that. Honestly, watching bison play he seems pretty similar to her.

Cammy is a rushdown character based on mixups. She has really good frame traps too but she's more about the oki game. She's more like Chie than Mitsuru.

stn

Almost every character is a rushdown type in this game, that's why I hate it. If you're not Guile or Sagat then you're probably melee-based. Even a character like Dee-Jay, who has a fireball, can't even zone well at all. Or Rose. Or Ken.

The nerf to keep-away really soured my taste on this game, but I still play it here and there.

Will try him out then

all you need to do is dash forward into throw, standing med kick or roundhouse, crouching lk xx scissors, and wakeup ex psycho crusher. so simple.

but really, bipson has good footsies and can apply pressure like crazy. i would play him but i'm too loyal to honda.

Onemic

ya just dabbled with him in training mode and he seems super simple.

Only thing I have to get used to is the crazy amount of time you have to charge for his special moves to come out. I'm too used to 1 second mitsuru charges.

Bison is simple to use but hard to win with because of his lack of damage and mix ups. He has options to get around and escape. You will get used to the charging the more you play him or other charge characters.

Top Bottom