• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

This is to the guy with rage issues: don't give in to the dark side

I broke A 60 dollar dual shock playing sf4 I spiked the controller, and it was still ok, but then I hit that thing with the macho man elbow drop and broke it. It didn't feel good then, and it feels worse now remembering how I wasted 60 bucks. Lesson learned I guess. Also get a stick, that's how you become best bison like me.

CPS2

So does anyone know, if I have the Japanese version of SSF4 on PS3, can I update to AE using the PAL store? I know PS3 DLC is usually region locked but are there any exceptions?

Also is the PS store down?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gal0n.jpg

CPS2

So does anyone know, if I have the Japanese version of SSF4 on PS3, can I update to AE using the PAL store? I know PS3 DLC is usually region locked but are there any exceptions?

Also is the PS store down?

So ahhh it actually costs the same to download the full version of AE on the EU PSN store (same price as the update). May as well do that.

stn

Do you guys think Oni is worth using if I want a character that's lower on the execution side but yet has some powerful mix-ups? Thanks.

Onemic

On the note of Oni how does his stupid move where he charges at you work? Ive tried blocking it standing and I get hit, I've also tried blocking it crouching and I get hit as well.

On the note of Oni how does his stupid move where he charges at you work? Ive tried blocking it standing and I get hit, I've also tried blocking it crouching and I get hit as well.

That move is usually done as a crossup so block the other way. It can be blocked high or low.

Archon473

Is there any footage of the Honda player Lord DVD? He won either the European 25th Anniversary qualifier or the European Masters tournament but twitch.tv/capcomfighters and Level|Up has no footage of him on their channels.

xCobalt

Oni's slashes can be blocked high or low but at close ranges fierce and ex slash are cross ups. Oni's light slash is relatively safe (-2 on block) and can lead to some mixups if you focus cancel it. I believe you can throw Oni out of his slashes as well if you know they're coming...really useful if they try some shenanigans on your wake up.

Also, not sure if you guys know but theres an IOS app with all the frame data. It came out awhile ago but its really useful. There are some mistakes in the frame data but the neat thing is that you can edit the frame data yourself.

stn

Yo Greg, I'll be sending some of my coconuts so you gain some weight. :p
And I'll be sending him a Red Sox hat instead of what he has. :) Anyone have an answer to my Oni question? Is he considered a low-execution character? Thanks bros.

And I'll be sending him a Red Sox hat instead of what he has. :) Anyone have an answer to my Oni question? Is he considered a low-execution character? Thanks bros.

He is not. He depends hugely on good execution and reads *more so the reads than most characters imo*. Otherwise he gets zoned by the entire cast for free

xCobalt

If you can consistently do 2 frame links, Oni shouldn't be a problem to learn. I'd say the most difficult aspect to learn is all his normals and when to use them. He has a command normal for each button (Forward + button).

Venfayth

Asking in a couple different places, so excuse me if you've seen this post elsewhere :3

Anyone have a recommendation for some good noise cancelling headphones? I'm going to NEC and would like a nice pair before then.

MIMIC

Banned
Lobby name: super serial. I enter.

Guy beats me convincingly. Twice. We start the third match.

Dude is going for a perfect in the first round (gets in a random throw just to ensure damage). Guile theme is cued up and I start my comeback.

I win round 1.

Round 2: Tables are turned and I perfect HIM. Then he boots me. lol

I guess it was super serial after all.

Oh, and nothing beats going on a 7-0 run against a Blanka (and making them quit) that was destroying you in the beginning of your series. This guy is No. 54 and was pretty good (although I've played better). But the matches were freakishly laggy so I don't blame him for leaving =p

xCobalt

Sorry, didn't completely copy the link before. Editted my post!

If there were more people as open and thorough about their character like Air, I would imagine the overall skill level of SF4 would increase. I got a chance to meet him at Toryuken and he was really nice. He would have money matches with people and give them advice while he was beating them.

I should stop trying to out lame dhalsim

I've been in several matches where I had a huge lead on Dhalsim but managed to lose because I try to make him come after me. I get hit with one too many normals because he's reading my fireball pattern and then it pisses me off and I rush in to get hit by more and die. If you just sit there and block then you're susceptible to Dhalsim's fireball > teleport mix up so you have to stay active if you want to go defensive against Sim. I haven't run into one in a while though.

xCobalt

I've been in several matches where I had a huge lead on Dhalsim but managed to lose because I try to make him come after me. I get hit with one too many normals because he's reading my fireball pattern and then it pisses me off and I rush in to get hit by more and die. If you just sit there and block then you're susceptible to Dhalsim's fireball > teleport mix up so you have to stay active if you want to go defensive against Sim. I haven't run into one in a while though.

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. I played Kadey earlier for a few games and every time I was being defensive as gouken, I would lose. If I was aggressive, I'd win rather handily. I got a chance to talk to Snafoo awhile ago and he said in the Gouken/Dhalsim matchup, Gouken can out lame Dhalsim if you really know the matchup and the player's tendencies.

watching the topanga tv stream and magos playing tournament mode and they fill up so quickly! wonder if they let ppl know they were playin or maybe they all tune in religiously like we do. anyway right after the tourney brackets line up or whatever in the beginning, it looked like he was making the screen go left to right....like he was trying to shake the brackets up. thought maybe that was some trick the lobby maker could do. maybe im trippin.

def sim

So, for those of you who have the pc version: Am I just going to have to get used to screen tearing if I absolutely do not want input lag? Vsync is kind of a killer.

Top Bottom