• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

MIMIC

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYweRkQ-zfw

Laugh and Infiltration going over unblockables and possibly how to fix them.

Fuerte has an "unblockable" move? Hmmm.....

After I go for the air throw, I've always gone for a fierce jump-in to start RSF shenanigans because the move always seemed pretty safe and effective. I didn't know it was considered "unblockable" :)

Also, when blocking, I don't think I EVER (try to) block a cross-up attempt before it actually hits. I mean, you're waiting to see what your opponent actually does, right? I don't have the game in front of me, but that's just my assumption.

Fuerte has an "unblockable" move? Hmmm.....

After I go for the air throw, I've always gone for a fierce jump-in to start RSF shenanigans because the move always seemed pretty safe and effective. I didn't know it was considered "unblockable" :)

Also, when blocking, I don't think I EVER (try to) block a cross-up attempt before it actually hits. I mean, you're waiting to see what your opponent actually does, right? I don't have the game in front of me, but that's just my assumption.

Unblockable only works on certain characters. Most people wait to see what the opponent does but blocking on the exact frame sounds very hard to do.

xCobalt

Unblockable only works on certain characters. Most people wait to see what the opponent does but blocking on the exact frame sounds very hard to do.

It's definitely hard but the way I see it, if your opponent is capable of landing unblockables consistently it doesn't hurt to attempt a frame perfect block. Of course, that's not the only way around unblockables. If your character has a good dash, focus absorbing the hit and dashing the opposite direction can work. Delayed wakeup DPs is another option. I know a couple of setups with Gouken where if the opponent does a reversal dp on their wakeup, they'll completely whiff but a delayed dp will usually beat the setup.

vulva

Anyone watch the latest Airbehr? I want to win that contest but can't figure out who Behrudy used to play in vanilla or his favourite pop haha

MrDaravon

Just started playing again, using Chun - what exactly are my anti-air options against people who are jumping in at close range? I am getting completely wrecked at that range; as an example I just played a guy who was using Rufus, and he just straight humiliated me 4 rounds in a row by getting on me then just dive kicking literally non-stop and there was seemingly nothing I could do to stop it. Unless I was just completely mistiming them (which is entirely possible) EX SBK and FA weren't stopping it. I know EX SBK is sort of her go-to get off me move, but it doesn't seem to work against certain attacks like that.

I also really love people with thousands of BP/PP coming in to my 500/300 and taunting and teabagging repeatedly. Jesus.

xCobalt

Just started playing again, using Chun - what exactly are my anti-air options against people who are jumping in at close range? I am getting completely wrecked at that range; as an example I just played a guy who was using Rufus, and he just straight humiliated me 4 rounds in a row by getting on me then just dive kicking literally non-stop and there was seemingly nothing I could do to stop it. Unless I was just completely mistiming them (which is entirely possible) EX SBK and FA weren't stopping it. I know EX SBK is sort of her go-to get off me move, but it doesn't seem to work against certain attacks like that.

I also really love people with thousands of BP/PP coming in to my 500/300 and taunting and teabagging repeatedly. Jesus.

I don't know anything about Chun but I imagine you'd be able to do neutral jump roundhouse if you're expecting a jump in from close range.

Unless you have a good dp, no one can reliably anti air characters with dive kicks. Against Rufus' dive kick and Cammy's EX Cannon Strike it's even stricter. Just gotta block and react to what they do next. Chun has one of the best backdashes in the game so make sure you use it to your advantage. Certain characters also have OS against divekicks (Shotos can crouch tech with MP and the MP will hit the Rufus player if they try a second divekick up close) so see if Chun has any.

EDIT: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/chun-lis-anti-airs.154682/
Heres a topic about Chun's anti airs

Grakl

this plinking crap is a lie!

im pressing light-medium punch and all i get is jabs !

Then you're not plinking correctly. You should be pressing medium, then, while holding medium, light. This has to be incredibly quick, but it's not hard to get after a few dozen tries.

Grakl

I love online rage. Some guy voice messaged me multiple times claiming to know the "best Street Fighter" and "best Guile" in the world, who didn't throw sonic booms. Huh. Then he said something about stats.

xCobalt

I love online rage. Some guy voice messaged me multiple times claiming to know the "best Street Fighter" and "best Guile" in the world, who didn't throw sonic booms. Huh. Then he said something about stats.

I haven't gotten rage mail in a long time...plenty of rage quits though.

LakeEarth

Reminds me when I get hatemail for using assists in Marvel.

MrDaravon

I'm actually tempted to subscribe to Plus for this, but not sure how much I'd play it on PS3 (no friends and also no headset). Also I don't have a PS3 pad or stick. 360 FightPads don't work on PS3 as well (since they're USB), do they?

Fantasmo

Anyone wanna get in some games on the PC version?
I'm decent at it, don't mind playing good competition or weak competition. I just like picking different characters and having a go!

JeTmAn81

My download finished overnight, which is not bad for 18GB. Thanks to another NeoGAF member I was enlightened to the fact that I had a BUNCH of old game install data on my PS3 hogging space, so I was able to free up another 30GB and have enough to actually get this game! Practiced some Akuma trial stuff this morning. Having so much experience in UMVC3 and an understanding of the difference between the games now gives me a big advantage in starting to learn this stuff again. Links, not cancels!

Top Bottom