• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Lot of activity in this thread the past few days, nice to see. Going to a local this week and using Bipson. Something I lack is matchup experience, so you guys that play Honda, Guile, Gief, or Sim just hit me up. Or anyone that wants to have some matches.

PSN: Solidgear91

GFWL: solidgear1991

Lot of activity in this thread the past few days, nice to see. Going to a local this week and using Bipson. Something I lack is matchup experience, so you guys that play Honda, Guile, Gief, or Sim just hit me up. Or anyone that wants to have some matches.

PSN: Solidgear91

GFWL: solidgear1991

i'll hop on around 8pm pst. were still psn friends right? i havent logged on in a few days

What's up with players who join your game and buttf*ck the entire lobby with their janky ass connection speed?

Are you stupid and not pausing your Michael Bay torrents when you're playing games with other people, or are you lag switching? DAMN!

Pool's closed. >:|

I believe so. I'll be on at that time.

ggs last night. sorry i had to stop playing. i like to option select honda's jab hands, so im constantly pianoing, which makes long sets with him pretty taxing on my fingers lol.

i think you've gotten better since last time i played you. still i was able to jump in quite a bit, so i'd shore up those anti airs. you used frame traps a lot more, which caught me a pretty good. i would go for them more, because i was able to crouch tech a lot of your throw attempts.

corner pressure was better, you were able to stay out of jab hb range, which is one of honda's safer pokes for this matchup. but you werent able to always capitalize when i whiffed them. you did have some great pressure on me though, and i liked your use of fadc to keep me honest and blocking.

i think you should go for crossup psycho crusher on honda's wakeup more often. you can really rush honda down esp when he doesnt have meter, then sit on a lifelead and make him attempt the comeback.

good luck on your local, and watch out for those tick command throws!

GAF Robins will be starting on Monday. PSFree, XBoxFree60 and FreeC users interested in participating in the final segment of the now-salvaged GAFbats, let me know now until Monday.

ggs last night. sorry i had to stop playing. i like to option select honda's jab hands, so im constantly pianoing, which makes long sets with him pretty taxing on my fingers lol.

i think you've gotten better since last time i played you. still i was able to jump in quite a bit, so i'd shore up those anti airs. you used frame traps a lot more, which caught me a pretty good. i would go for them more, because i was able to crouch tech a lot of your throw attempts.

corner pressure was better, you were able to stay out of jab hb range, which is one of honda's safer pokes for this matchup. but you werent able to always capitalize when i whiffed them. you did have some great pressure on me though, and i liked your use of fadc to keep me honest and blocking.

i think you should go for crossup psycho crusher on honda's wakeup more often. you can really rush honda down esp when he doesnt have meter, then sit on a lifelead and make him attempt the comeback.

good luck on your local, and watch out for those tick command throws!

GGs, it's okay if you had to stop playing last night. Had a lot of fun, much better than playing randoms online. Thank you for all the tips and I'll be sure to keep them in mind. For anti air, I try to use hk and far mp when I'm on the ground and jump hp or hk when I'm in the air. I just feel Bison's anti air is limited, but what do you think I should improve on when it comes to AA? And yeah I get caught by command throws a lot, reason why I hate fighting grapplers like Gief and Hawk. I tried to back dash out of your setups, but would you recommend teleport or just neutral jump? I just have a hard time mashing teleport out of setups.

GAF Robins will be starting on Monday. PSFree, XBoxFree60 and FreeC users interested in participating in the final segment of the now-salvaged GAFbats, let me know now until Monday.

I'd like to participate. I'm on winter break and will be home with better internet.

GGs, it's okay if you had to stop playing last night. Had a lot of fun, much better than playing randoms online. Thank you for all the tips and I'll be sure to keep them in mind. For anti air, I try to use hk and far mp when I'm on the ground and jump hp or hk when I'm in the air. I just feel Bison's anti air is limited, but what do you think I should improve on when it comes to AA? And yeah I get caught by command throws a lot, reason why I hate fighting grapplers like Gief and Hawk. I tried to back dash out of your setups, but would you recommend teleport or just neutral jump? I just have a hard time mashing teleport out of setups.

i'm not too familiar with how to play bipson, so i cant provide much help in regards to which AAs to use...but i would check out some match videos. the match between mike ross and dogura from evo was pretty brutal for mike.

for tick throws, you could do either (backdash or teleport). i wouldn't teleport after you get knocked down and honda has meter, since he can ultra 1 teleport on reaction. i would teleport out early on, then neutral jump, because i dont think you can get caught by ultra 1 if honda makes a bad read on the ultra attempt.

and beef, i would like to get in on the gaf robins

xCobalt

For anti air, I try to use hk and far mp when I'm on the ground and jump hp or hk when I'm in the air. I just feel Bison's anti air is limited, but what do you think I should improve on when it comes to AA?

It's been awhile since I played with bison but I don't recall far mp being good for anti airs. For normals, I would focus on st.hk (although it trades a lot) and crouching fierce. Crouching fierce has a lot of startup but if you work on the timing and the spacing, it does beat out a lot of jump ins. For air to airs, jumping hk is good and jumping mp will work if you can anticipate a jump.

If you have 2 or more bars, don't be afraid to use EX psycho as an anti air as well. I usually try to keep one bar just in case bison gets knocked down. I could be wrong but I believe bison is one of the few characters where it's very difficult to OS on wakeup since one of his escape options will tend to beat out the OS. They will have to guess as much as you do.

i'm not too familiar with how to play bipson, so i cant provide much help in regards to which AAs to use...but i would check out some match videos. the match between mike ross and dogura from evo was pretty brutal for mike.

for tick throws, you could do either (backdash or teleport). i wouldn't teleport after you get knocked down and honda has meter, since he can ultra 1 teleport on reaction. i would teleport out early on, then neutral jump, because i dont think you can get caught by ultra 1 if honda makes a bad read on the ultra attempt.

and beef, i would like to get in on the gaf robins

Ah, thanks for the tips. I will watch that match again, I haven't seen Dogura play in a while.

It's been awhile since I played with bison but I don't recall far mp being good for anti airs. For normals, I would focus on st.hk (although it trades a lot) and crouching fierce. Crouching fierce has a lot of startup but if you work on the timing and the spacing, it does beat out a lot of jump ins. For air to airs, jumping hk is good and jumping mp will work if you can anticipate a jump.

If you have 2 or more bars, don't be afraid to use EX psycho as an anti air as well. I usually try to keep one bar just in case bison gets knocked down. I could be wrong but I believe bison is one of the few characters where it's very difficult to OS on wakeup since one of his escape options will tend to beat out the OS. They will have to guess as much as you do.

Usually when I try cr fierce for anti air I get stuffed or it whiffs. I really don't like how slow it is, but yes I could do something about timing it right. I'm trying to use far st mp as an option because it has faster startup and good horizontal range. If I have the correct spacing I think I can use it to stop jump ins. And for air to air jump mk is also good.

Won my local in AE using Bison =)

It was a small turn out, but I was able to beat the local Sim who has given me trouble before. He's been playing more Marvel so he is rusty. He has good mixups but I think I was just able to adapt better this time.

MIMIC

Banned
Cool, calm, and collected edit: How is it possible that Gouken's air parry can absorb Fuerte's leg throw? It's a grab. I won the match, but still.....

xCobalt

Cool, calm, and collected edit: How is it possible that Gouken's air parry can absorb Fuerte's leg throw? It's a grab. I won the match, but still.....

I've never seen that before. Not sure why you would be doing a command grab against an airborne opponent though

MIMIC

Banned
Probably like ibuki's raida. Just an attack that leads into animation.

Hmmmm......I think you're exactly right. All of the other air throws (like Guy's Izuna drop and Zangief's Ultra 2) grab Gouken right out of it.

I guess I should start calling it a leg "attack" now rather than a leg throw/grab. I guess that explains how it's possible to trade with Fuerte's leg attack if Fuerte's doesn't time it right. But the thing that will always piss me off is that Fuerte is the only one that takes damage during the "trade" :(

I am on my phone so I can't post the rules for the round robin yet. They are coming as soon as I can get the free time though. Fucking school, man.

EDIT: Rules time.

- 3/5 set against each opponent
- Play EVERYONE on your system
- Character locks still apply, but you can choose a new character right now instead of the one you had in the GAFbats
- Make sure to record rounds won and lost, like in the GAFbats

The reason for the last one is for tiebreaker purposes. In case someone has the same amount of overall wins with someone else, rounds won will help in determining a winner. I will make a new spreadsheet for everyone who has entered so far later today. And because I'm feeling generous (and this is against my better judgment), I will still allow people to enter until Wednesday. The nature of this entire thing allows for a little leeway in entrants, but I won't accept anyone after that. You miss the deadline, it's your own damn fault.

The absolute final time that you can give me your match results is 11:59:59 PM, Pacific Standard Time, on December 24th, 2012. There will be no exceptions whatsoever. If you forgot to record your match in the thread, and your opponent speaks up, then I will give them the W.

There are no excuses for not being able to contact your opponent. It's 2012 and we have the internet at our fucking fingertips. PS3s and 360s allow for message sending. You can also PM people on GAF, and we also have an IRC room. CONTACT YOUR OPPONENTS. Don't be lazy like Dhalsim, be a man like Guile.

For the new page.

Rules time.

- 3/5 set against each opponent
- Play EVERYONE on your system
- Character locks still apply, but you can choose a new character right now instead of the one you had in the GAFbats
- Make sure to record rounds won and lost, like in the GAFbats

The reason for the last one is for tiebreaker purposes. In case someone has the same amount of overall wins with someone else, rounds won will help in determining a winner. I will make a new spreadsheet for everyone who has entered so far later today. And because I'm feeling generous (and this is against my better judgment), I will still allow people to enter until Wednesday. The nature of this entire thing allows for a little leeway in entrants, but I won't accept anyone after that. You miss the deadline, it's your own damn fault.

The absolute final time that you can give me your match results is 11:59:59 PM, Pacific Standard Time, on December 24th, 2012. There will be no exceptions whatsoever. If you forgot to record your match in the thread, and your opponent speaks up, then I will give them the W.

There are no excuses for not being able to contact your opponent. It's 2012 and we have the internet at our fucking fingertips. PS3s and 360s allow for message sending. You can also PM people on GAF, and we also have an IRC room. CONTACT YOUR OPPONENTS. Don't be lazy like Dhalsim, be a man like Guile.

Top Bottom