• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Just got this from PSN+. Can somebody explain how to get the game to register my arcade stick as player one? Even if I turn off my controller it still won't let me control the menus with my stick.

Edgeward

Just got this from PSN+. Can somebody explain how to get the game to register my arcade stick as player one? Even if I turn off my controller it still won't let me control the menus with my stick.

You should need to hit start at the main splash screen with your controller preference and that will register as player 1. Not sure why it's not that for you. You could also after booting it up. hold the PS guide button and go into controller settings and assign it as port 1.

Fraeon

So, stupid question: why is Evil Ryu supposedly worse than regular Ryu?

I get that he has lower health and stun but he does this amazing damage, has some of Akuma's gimmicks and his low forward is amazing even though it doesn't link from anything.

I'm debating between Evil Ryu, Fei or Ibuki. Chun really isn't cutting it, Ibuki and Fei have felt kind of boring based on preliminary tests but Evil Ryu could offer some variety that Ibuki and Fei don't provide.

Onemic

So, stupid question: why is Evil Ryu supposedly worse than regular Ryu?

I get that he has lower health and stun but he does this amazing damage, has some of Akuma's gimmicks and his low forward is amazing even though it doesn't link from anything.

I'm debating between Evil Ryu, Fei or Ibuki. Chun really isn't cutting it, Ibuki and Fei have felt kind of boring based on preliminary tests but Evil Ryu could offer some variety that Ibuki and Fei don't provide.

I always thought Evil Ryu's low forward was supposed to be pretty shit in comparison to Ryu's.

jlai

Man these load times are atrocious for the PS3 PS+ version. Not sure if its cause I'm used to playing on PC, but I don't recall it being this slow for 360.

Onemic

Man these load times are atrocious for the PS3 PS+ version. Not sure if its cause I'm used to playing on PC, but I don't recall it being this slow for 360.

Did you install to the HDD?

Whoops you have the plus version, can't help you there.

It's lightning fast on PC from what I've seen, so it might just be you. Not to say that the load times aren't bad, of course.
Did you install to the HDD?

Unless I'm mistaken, he shouldn't have to since it was a direct download from the PSN store.

You should need to hit start at the main splash screen with your controller preference and that will register as player 1. Not sure why it's not that for you. You could also after booting it up. hold the PS guide button and go into controller settings and assign it as port 1.

Still wouldn't work with the second method, but I just tried again after booting up the PS3 without the DS3 and it worked that time. Huh.

I need to anti-air more, according to jlai. He's prolly right, but that damn Makoto was spacing them jumps pretty well.

True.

Also from what I observed, you tend to get into a repetitive mode. Ex. lpx3>s.mp>sweep>dash in spd. You did that a number of times

ggs, we should do it again.

Yes, TToB...too stronk

I need to anti-air more, according to jlai. He's prolly right, but that damn Makoto was spacing them jumps pretty well.

If you don't want to use T.Hawk's super effective AA shoulder DP thing, that's all up to you. ;)

I'm game for more matches.

At least I might have learned how to block against some of Jelly's bullshit last night, so it wasn't a complete less.

Plus it beats talking shit all day on IRC. lolololol

kiyomi

So I'm gonna download this overnight (although it will probably take me ~15 hours) thanks to PS+.

I've never actually played a SF. But I want to get into fighting games more so I'm gonna give this a shot, even though I'm awful at them. Anything in particular worth knowing for a newbie? I realise that's a very open question.

True.

Also from what I observed, you tend to get into a repetitive mode. Ex. lpx3>s.mp>sweep>dash in spd. You did that a number of times

ggs, we should do it again.

It's pretty much his only reliable block string. I do that because I hate mashing and churning. Funny thing is that the times I did wake-up EX SRK against jlai, I wasn't even trying to do damage to him. I was counting on him to block it so I could do the EX Dive followup and get out of the corner. And for some reason, people ALWAYS jump when try to Dive out of the corner in general, and it never fails to anger me and make me laugh when they get smacked right out of the sky. Fighting jlai did give me a chance to practice my footsies though, which is always a good thing.

GGs to all of ya'll.

Should have seen him, he was getting in dat ass.

WAT.

The beatings he received from me must have toughened him up some.

or me.

when's the round robin, anyhow? new stick and all the free wins fresh meat on PSN-GAF has helped rekindle my love/salt for this game.

hopefully over the break, i'll have some time to learn more safe jump setups and practice the jewelman combo (if blops 2 and/or possibly working remotely doesnt interfere)

So I'm gonna download this overnight (although it will probably take me ~15 hours) thanks to PS+.

I've never actually played a SF. But I want to get into fighting games more so I'm gonna give this a shot, even though I'm awful at them. Anything in particular worth knowing for a newbie? I realise that's a very open question.

probably start with ryu to learn fundamentals:
learn to specials/ultra
do trials to get a feel for how combos work
practice combos and execution in training mode
learn your best anti airs
condition yourself not to jump a lot
practice against the computer, or hit up one of us in an endless lobby for advice/training
visit the ryu srk thread, you might be able to get some tips here on combos etc (http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/ryu.23/)

i swear, the second hit of the sweep gets me everytime. shit is gdlk truly an unblocklable Kappa

Screw Kevo's bullshit advice.

Pick Ryu/Ken/Gat/Oni/Evil Ryu and mash SHORYUKEN until your hands hurt!!

jlai

I would be down for the round robin as well

i swear, the second hit of the sweep gets me everytime. shit is gdlk truly an unblocklable Kappa

Yesterday I was able to FA dash through the first hit of the sweep and EX Karakusa armor absorb the 2nd hit, grabbing him. I think that was what post #16573 was about.

Freaking ProfBeef hasn't emailed me yet. What's the deal, man?
I'm studying for finals, dammit! I'll try to send an email today, I swear.
I would be down for the round robin as well

Yesterday I was able to FA dash through the first hit of the sweep and EX Karakusa armor absorb the 2nd hit, grabbing him. I think that was what post #16573 was about.

It might've been, I don't remember.

Top Bottom