• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

i think stage and costume mods are pretty prevalent though.

lol this is fucking awesome:
94e5ffa18711b505502cdfe829cd318307db3c931d12737f3d24bf03bae039176g.jpg

Dartastic

So, I bought the game on Steam for super cheap. Now, I've heard of a mod that completely retools the game; makes people's win poses look super derpy, gives Ryu air fireballs, chain combos out of SFxT, stuff like that. There are no ultras, and all supers just cost meter now. Focus attack is also gone. Does anyone know what the mod is called?

Edit - Found it. Shit is hella fun. http://www.sf4remix.com/

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Naw bro, it is best 2 out of three GAMES for a full set. It's not ROUNDS. I was wondering why you quit so fast. You officially won one game, 2-1.

I don't see that anywhere in the rules:

For the new page.

Rules time.

- 3/5 set against each opponent
- Play EVERYONE on your system
- Character locks still apply, but you can choose a new character right now instead of the one you had in the GAFbats
- Make sure to record rounds won and lost, like in the GAFbats

The reason for the last one is for tiebreaker purposes. In case someone has the same amount of overall wins with someone else, rounds won will help in determining a winner. I will make a new spreadsheet for everyone who has entered so far later today. And because I'm feeling generous (and this is against my better judgment), I will still allow people to enter until Wednesday. The nature of this entire thing allows for a little leeway in entrants, but I won't accept anyone after that. You miss the deadline, it's your own damn fault.

The absolute final time that you can give me your match results is 11:59:59 PM, Pacific Standard Time, on December 24th, 2012. There will be no exceptions whatsoever. If you forgot to record your match in the thread, and your opponent speaks up, then I will give them the W.

There are no excuses for not being able to contact your opponent. It's 2012 and we have the internet at our fucking fingertips. PS3s and 360s allow for message sending. You can also PM people on GAF, and we also have an IRC room. CONTACT YOUR OPPONENTS. Don't be lazy like Dhalsim, be a man like Guile.

Timedog just needs to play Virtuoso and JJ and he's done with his matches. He's actually in the lead right now.

EDIT: Any PSN dudes online right now? I'll be sending some PMs in a few minutes, but I wanna post in here to see if anyone's alive.

JJcao

Neo Member
Timedog just needs to play Virtuoso and JJ and he's done with his matches. He's actually in the lead right now.

EDIT: Any PSN dudes online right now? I'll be sending some PMs in a few minutes, but I wanna post in here to see if anyone's alive.

Shit, so two game not one? Sorry I'm confuse

JJcao

Neo Member

Beef, I don't quite get it. Please update me with the rules thanks

Shit, so six game altogether? Sorry I'm confuse

Yeah, you are confused lol. There's only 5 people in the 360 group. You can't play yourself, so you have to fight four people. 3/5 sets, which people have been following thank goodness.

TD is in the lead, and you're actually in second due to how many rounds you've won, despite being tied with Virtuoso over the amount of people you've beaten.

EDIT: And as I say that Virtuoso makes it a tie lol.

Dartastic

I'm confused as fuck too. I thought that in order to win a set, you had to win 2 games out of 3. Not two ROUNDS out of three, because that's obvious.

That's what I'm saying. Timedog and I just went by rounds. He won a game, then I won a game, then he won a game. That lets him win the first set. He needs to win two more.

Someone is confusing "rounds" with "games." If what you're saying is true, then he needs to win one more game to officially beat you.

EDIT: How are people getting so confused?

Dartastic

Someone is confusing "rounds" with "games." If what you're saying is true, then he needs to win one more game to officially beat you.

EDIT: How are people getting so confused?
I'm not confusing rounds with games at all; it takes two rounds to win a game. It takes two games to win a set. It takes three sets to win completely. Right?

He thought that because he won three games, therefore winning 6 rounds, that he wins completely. You can see by our tally up top.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
We played 3 out of 5 games. Each game was 2/3 rounds like normal.

I won 3 games, he won 1 game.

Number of rounds won is semi-irrelevant.

I'm not confusing rounds with games at all; it takes two rounds to win a game. It takes two games to win a set. It takes three sets to win completely. Right?
Oh, NOW I see where the confusion is.
He thought that because he won three games, therefore winning 6 rounds, that he wins completely. You can see by our tally up top.

And he did that correctly, which means he gets the W. The set itself is 3/5. You don't play 3 sets.
We played 3 out of 5 games. Each game was 2/3 rounds like normal.

I won 3 games, he won 1 game.

Number of rounds won is semi-irrelevant.

Correct. Enjoy your W.

Dartastic

Oh, NOW I see where the confusion is.

And he did that correctly, which means he gets the W. The set itself is 3/5. You don't play 3 sets.

Correct. Enjoy your W.
Goddamnit. Now I'm salty because the rules say SETS, and not GAMES. GRR. FIX THAT, BECAUSE IT'S CONFUSING AS FUCK.

Maybe just say "best three games out of 5"? The second you put sets in there, it mixes it up completely.

Kevo, you ready to play right now?
Goddamnit. Now I'm salty because the rules say SETS, and not GAMES. GRR. FIX THAT, BECAUSE IT'S CONFUSING AS FUCK.

Maybe just say "best three games out of 5"? The second you put sets in there, it mixes it up completely.

I said "3/5 SET." Singular, not plural. No typos there. I'll edit and repost the rules anyways, though.
For the new page.

Rules time.

- 3/5 set against each opponent (THIS MEANS YOU WIN 3 GAMES OUT OF FIVE, AKA WIN 6 ROUNDS, AKA YOU SEE "RYU WINS" OR WHOEVER CHARACTER YOU ARE USING 3 TIMES)
- Play EVERYONE on your system
- Character locks still apply, but you can choose a new character right now instead of the one you had in the GAFbats
- Make sure to record rounds won and lost, like in the GAFbats

The reason for the last one is for tiebreaker purposes. In case someone has the same amount of overall wins with someone else, rounds won will help in determining a winner. I will make a new spreadsheet for everyone who has entered so far later today. And because I'm feeling generous (and this is against my better judgment), I will still allow people to enter until Wednesday. The nature of this entire thing allows for a little leeway in entrants, but I won't accept anyone after that. You miss the deadline, it's your own damn fault.

The absolute final time that you can give me your match results is 11:59:59 PM, Pacific Standard Time, on December 24th, 2012. There will be no exceptions whatsoever. If you forgot to record your match in the thread, and your opponent speaks up, then I will give them the W.

There are no excuses for not being able to contact your opponent. It's 2012 and we have the internet at our fucking fingertips. PS3s and 360s allow for message sending. You can also PM people on GAF, and we also have an IRC room. CONTACT YOUR OPPONENTS. Don't be lazy like Dhalsim, be a man like Guile.

Kevo, you ready to play right now?

I said "3/5 SET." Singular, not plural. No typos there. I'll edit and repost the rules anyways, though.

Sorry beef, I'm just killing a few minutes while the gf finishes getting ready. If you're feeling nocturnal ill probably be on late tonight. Log and I played with ttob for a while last night and we played after he left til damn near 3.

Top Bottom