• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

GGs, log ride.
I finally pulled the trigger and got this for PC on the Steam sale. I left super early and hardly ever touched either vanilla or Super on console. Apparently PC is super sweet as its got none of the online issues I had on 360 so this one will likely see more play than the others at the very least. Plus I can use CG stuff and unpackers exist so hey its modding time for me!

Is the PC running the current patch?

You should look for the Gouken/Evil Ryu/Akuma/Oni boss mode hacks. Shit like this is what makes me wish I had a gaming rig.

I was curious how rounds won is the tiebreaker. Say two people end up with a 7-1 win loss record. Person A gets his wins in straight sets (6-0 scores against everyone), whereas person B gets all of his 7 wins by going 2-1, 1-2, 2-1, 1-2, 2-1 (8-7). Person B won more rounds but couldn't you argue person A should be given the benefit of the doubt since he blew by everyone?

Beef, update the score when you have time.

Me over Daigo (Timedog)

2-0
2-0
2-0
done. 360 side only has a few more matches before it's entirely done. Waiting on the results of:

Dartastic vs. Vice & virtuoso
Vice vs. JJcao
I was curious how rounds won is the tiebreaker. Say two people end up with a 7-1 win loss record. Person A gets his wins in straight sets (6-0 scores against everyone), whereas person B gets all of his 7 wins by going 2-1, 1-2, 2-1, 1-2, 2-1 (8-7). Person B won more rounds but couldn't you argue person A should be given the benefit of the doubt since he blew by everyone?

Looking over the results so far for both sides, it doesn't seem like that's going to be an issue.

MIMIC

Banned
So I'm going through some videos to upload on YouTube (since I haven't uploaded any in a while) and I come across one of this asshole I used to play all the time in Vanilla: RokNRoLLuh. I remember hating (and complaining about) this guy back in Vanilla because he would always beat me (when I used to suck, lol) and would basically taunt me after the match was over.

Fast-forward to Super and I fucking LAID WASTE to his ass. He was so salty after the 1st round that he let me perfect him in the 2nd...as if to suggest that he "doesn't care" or something (or maybe he just smashed his stick, lol). Anyway, I got curious and I see if he has any videos on YouTube.

This dude is/used to be the 14th-ranked Cody? @_@ He sucks! Just look at him! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95JQPueKP4

I just really can't stand this guy >_<

EDIT: Also, I bodied this one Blanka player yesterday who sent me a rather nasty message after he was done rage quitting, lol: http://i.imgur.com/8ZeWz.jpg (only posting the link due to language).

And just like the other guy, I looked him up on YouTube....and I see him beating one of the best Blankas on XBL @_@

xCobalt

So I'm going through some videos to upload on YouTube (since I haven't uploaded any in a while) and I come across one of this asshole I used to play all the time in Vanilla: RokNRoLLuh. I remember hating (and complaining about) this guy back in Vanilla because he would always beat me (when I used to suck, lol) and would basically taunt me after the match was over.

Fast-forward to Super and I fucking LAID WASTE to his ass. He was so salty after the 1st round that he let me perfect him in the 2nd...as if to suggest that he "doesn't care" or something (or maybe he just smashed his stick, lol). Anyway, I got curious and I see if he has any videos on YouTube.

This dude is/used to be the 14th-ranked Cody? @_@ He sucks! Just look at him! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95JQPueKP4

I just really can't stand this guy >_<

EDIT: Also, I bodied this one Blanka player yesterday who sent me a rather nasty message after he was done rage quitting, lol: http://i.imgur.com/8ZeWz.jpg (only posting the link due to language).

And just like the other guy, I looked him up on YouTube....and I see him beating one of the best Blankas on XBL @_@

BP means very little. It just shows you played a lot of games. You lose next to no BP when you lose a game so anyone can get a high bp if they played long enough.

Noaloha

PC Street Fighters, I just grabbed the game through Steam.

Does the game have massive tearing issues natively for everyone? Because I am getting triple-ugly performance. Enabling V-Sync immediately causes what feels like 10-15 frames of input lag, so that's obviously a fuck-you-game-no-thanks option.

I suspect it might have something to do with playing through my HDTV atm (broke my monitor last week :[ ). I dunno though. I'm curious if the tearing's a common thing that people have just gotten used to, or - especially - if there're workarounds for it.

A lot of the graphical options seem kinda batshit too.

In case it's relevant, running a 7970, managed only through CCC, no MSI Afterburner or similar, D3DO triple-buffering not enabled. Using 'fixed framerate' in-game graphical settings.

Any advices for optimalised PC set-uppery?

Edgeward

I have an AMD card 7950 and I make sure to never use the in-game v-sync. It would cause slowdown. Always cause problems. Had to use D3DO (triple-buffer and v-sync) and it solved everything.

Noaloha

Hrrm. Okay, cheers. Heading to work now. I'll try reinstalling D3DO on this PC when I get back home and report results.

EDIT: Yep. Amazing. Absolute night and day difference, switches the game from nigh-on unplayable to pretty much fine and dandy, and from a third-party application no less. For some reason I was under the impression D3DO was more trouble than it was worth nowadays. Dunno where I got that idea but I guess it's a load of balls!

Hey guys I got my ethernet cable. The speeds seem to look much better. I can play for the next few hours. If you want to play hit me up.

PSN: Solidgear91

GFWL: solidgear1991

And I just tried the D3DO thing for the PC version after turning the in-game vsync off. I get a stable 60 fps in game now and the input lag seems to be reduced. It's pretty noticeable actually.

Hey guys I got my ethernet cable. The speeds seem to look much better. I can play for the next few hours. If you want to play hit me up.

PSN: Solidgear91

GFWL: solidgear1991

And I just tried the D3DO thing for the PC version after turning the in-game vsync off. I get a stable 60 fps in game now and the input lag seems to be reduced. It's pretty noticeable actually.

@_@

I prefer to play on PC than PSN. I'll send a GFWL fr to you.

At work right now, probably won't be on until later today.

snack

How's the online population for pc version? Lots of people online with ample matches to find?

Also, how's the game with a 360 controller? Good? D-pad or analog? Gonna get a 360 controller today for the computer!

MIMIC

Banned
How's the online population for pc version? Lots of people online with ample matches to find?

Also, how's the game with a 360 controller? Good? D-pad or analog? Gonna get a 360 controller today for the computer!

Works fine for me. But using charge characters is murder on the thumb.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's alright on PDP but man after having owned an arcade stick before I'll always miss it until I get another. I'd say I shouldn't have sold it except I have used my ipod a lot.

How come?
Probably a slider rather than a roller. I've never understood it.

@_@

I prefer to play on PC than PSN. I'll send a GFWL fr to you.

At work right now, probably won't be on until later today.

Sounds good.

How come?

Since you have to maintain charge with charge characters, it can put a lot of pressure on your thumb using a controller when you have to hold down a certain direction. Charging is pretty easy with an arcade stick. If you ever switch to stick, I would recommend trying a charge char.

whaaat? charge characters are beast with controller.

input characters are the real test on your thumbs. because whatever side you are one makes your left thumb change positions for commands!

xCobalt

360 controller is fine and I personally used the analog. I used one for about 2 and a half years.

I just re-bought the game on PC again. My first copy is defective and won't let me buy anything so I couldn't pass this up since it has all the costumes included already.

I just re-bought the game on PC again. My first copy is defective and won't let me buy anything so I couldn't pass this up since it has all the costumes included already.

same here.

I told myself i'm not such a fickle person that something like alt costumes would make rebuy sf4 on pc.

but then i saw white army uniform guile and i couldn't justify paying microsoft $4.99 for it....but i wanted it so bad. Also i had the same issue as you that it wouldn't let me buy anything (did you also get it from that amazon $10 deal?) the only way it worked was to download games for windows marketplace standalone service, which is a load of horsedung.

EDIT:

my mike ross and gootecks special ain't working son! is the link down for anyone else?

I got the game when it first came out at full price. But I got it from some other online retail store and I don't remember the name anymore. But anyways, I never bothered to try and buy costumes for a good while. But finally around summer I kept having that itch to play hobo Evil Ryu so I wanted to get the costume pack for him, Oni, Yun, and Yang at least. But whenever I go to the Live Marketplace to try and buy something, it just doesn't work. This was frustrating, but I couldn't bring myself to rebuy the game at full price. But when I saw this deal I just couldn't pass it up. Finally a chance to play Cowboy Ken, full head of hair Sagat, and bloomers Sakura of course.

Top Bottom