• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's why I gave up on PC version 2 hours into playing it. But god does it feel better than the other two. I can do stuff more easily.

Fraeon

I've been kind of having a character crisis again. Been just doing Chunners since that's where my comfort zone is. What character is good for a Chun player since she's kind of awful in this version, at least the way SF4 is played now. Been dabbling with Rose and Juri but those don't feel as comfortable as Chun does.

Kind of miss just good normals taking you far.

Hinomura

Sorry for being ultra-late, but please add me:

XboxLive (PC): MrYo74
PSN: MrYo
Timezone: Europe/Italy
Current rank (PC): C+
Main: Akuma

Please mind that recently I'm playing PC only (after a very long hiatus)!

Nabs

I've always found that hilarious about the FGC and PC ports. People cry and cry for them, then there's nobody to play once they get released.

Maybe the quality of the player isn't as high, but people do play on PC. It usually only takes around 10-20 seconds before someone joins my ranked lobby.

xCobalt

I'm trying to get back in to this game. I haven't played in 2 or 3 years. I want to play this and SxT 2013.

I have it on 360/PS3/XBL: Skillzilla81. Looking to get as much experience as I can. Help my make my Cammy unscrubby.

I've also been capping matches and upping to my youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=LjCJxo-r_5Q

Any criticism is welcome. :)

Looking into what I need to get my Hauppage stream capable.

Only watched a couple of matches but I'll offer some advice. It seems like you have a tendency to do a short block string and then just go for a regular cannon strike. Anyone with decent reactions can anti air you immediately. You should be abusing cammy's fast walk speed. After a blockstring, you can do: roundhouse (hits people who like to press buttons), walk up throw, or walk up ex tkcs which blows up crouch techers. Overall, try not to do regular cannon strike unless its a meaty or cross up setup after a knockdown.

When you do cannon spike fadc, you shouldn't be dashing back and doing spiral arrow. Dash forward and continue your pressure or bait out unsafe moves from the opponent. She's only -1 I believe.

If you haven't already, learn unblockable setups!

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Really quick off topic question, lol, but do the DLC costumes show up in online play to another opponent if they don't own them?

Skilletor

Only watched a couple of matches but I'll offer some advice. It seems like you have a tendency to do a short block string and then just go for a regular cannon strike. Anyone with decent reactions can anti air you immediately. You should be abusing cammy's fast walk speed. After a blockstring, you can do: roundhouse (hits people who like to press buttons), walk up throw, or walk up ex tkcs which blows up crouch techers. Overall, try not to do regular cannon strike unless its a meaty or cross up setup after a knockdown.

When you do cannon spike fadc, you shouldn't be dashing back and doing spiral arrow. Dash forward and continue your pressure or bait out unsafe moves from the opponent. She's only -1 I believe.

If you haven't already, learn unblockable setups!

Thanks!

I'll keep all of that in mind. I still have to get used to the timing on wakeup before I start learning unblockables. I can't seem to get used to the arcs on jumps in this game. :/

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Any advice for a budding Cammy player? Used to play Juri, but switched over as I was beyond scrubbish to be handling her. I really like Cammy's specials and speed.

Dartastic

I think I'm gonna pick up Yang. I know a lot of people think he isn't the greatest, but I really am starting to dig the character. Any good resources for Yang players? I know a certain someone bodied me with his Yang from this board... :p

Westlo

Thanks!

I'll keep all of that in mind. I still have to get used to the timing on wakeup before I start learning unblockables. I can't seem to get used to the arcs on jumps in this game. :/

Buffer spiral arrow into your c.mk during footsie battles! If it hits great, some dmg and you get a mix up, it if misses no biggie most of the time. I find Cammy's neutral jump normals complete ass except jumping fierce if right next to them...

Also I watched 1 match against dictator where you blocked 3 ex psychos, that's a free ultra after block.

Any advice for a budding Cammy player? Used to play Juri, but switched over as I was beyond scrubbish to be handling her. I really like Cammy's specials and speed.

Watch these vids, some good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0FEC5937E27EA738

So Aquasilk just showed off a Kara SPD with gief. you have to end the 360 input on an up-diagonal and it will have a bigger range.

looked hella cheap from how far gief was from the opponent.

ScOULaris

Why's this game seem to be slowing down in popularity? Its still soooo good.

It's still the most popular fighting game, even if Marvel is catching up to it at tournaments. It's remarkably balanced and has great online play, which are both big parts of its continued support.

Hinomura

Had a lot of fun tonight - oh well, I've a lot of fun everytime I play, even if my left thumb is blooding. Played a lot of matches worldwide as usual.

Akuma is my main since I love to suffer his poor health, but today I'd fun (not a classified fun) with Zangief (a bit boring), DeeJay (entertaining), Fei Long (entertaining), Juri (I can't decide myself if she's entertaining or what), Dhalsim (I'm a bit rusted), Sagat (too easy, but I was failing the kara knee? Has it changed since SF4?).

Soooo dear Gaffers, please add me :( XboxLive (PC): MrYo74 I promise you won't perfect me two times in a row :S - and it's a promise not so easy to grant! :eek:

PS: If I haven't enough fun with Street Fighter I can't go on developing my indie games :O

Dear Teknopathetic, since - if I'm not wrong - SSF4AE is not PC/Xbox360 crossplay, is it possible to add PC users to OT list? Thank you in advance!

"Streaming some SSFIV PC Online. I am a TOTAL scrub, so tips are very welcome. :)"

I actually watched a little bit. Don't jump so much (walk/dash instead) and don't do wake up EX Tatsu as Gouken.

Hinomura

Even me being far from good players, it's soooo fun :) I've had a really good time playing (Steam says about 30 hours in), save for three classified matches (a whiner, a psycho and a dropper), but it's nothing compared to the 376 classified matches I had.

By the way, if anyone is interested in a bit of sparring, I'm trying to stick to the following playing schedule (PC version)*:

Italy (GMT/UTC+1)
Monday-Friday: 22-24+
Saturday: mystery time
Sunday: 17-19, 22-24+

which translates to...

New York Time (GMT/UTC-5)
Monday-Friday: 16-18+
Saturday: mystery time
Sunday: 11-13, 16-18+

and to...

Tokyo Time (GMT/UTC+9)
Tuesday-Saturday: 06-08+
Saturday-Sunday: mystery time
Monday: 01-03, 06-08+

aaaaaand I'm going to play now for a bit! ^__^

* save for extra work, random stuff to do or being deadly sleepy

Hinomura

Sometimes MotionInJoy messes up and disconnect the DS3 gamepad while playing :S
I've to ALT+TAB, quit MIJ, restart it and enable again X360 gamepad emulation and doing that is not very cute to your opponent which sometimes get bored and hits your character to death... MIJ version is 0.6.0005, the new unstable releases crash even before starting. I've tried to launch it as admin but no luck, it randomly disconnects. Any tricks (Win7@64bit)?

Another question, yesterday I've "marked" a dropper with "I don't want to play again with this opponent", but today he challenged me (this time without dropping at least)... is it normal? Or is the GFWL client an unuseful thing to not mess with?

Thaaaaanks! ^__^

alstein

I've always found that hilarious about the FGC and PC ports. People cry and cry for them, then there's nobody to play once they get released.

I've gotten back into AE some via the PC port. There's a few people to play- it's about 1/10 the size of PSN though.

I would make a rare sighting if someone ever did a PC AE stream.

I have AE on the PS3 and recently just picked it up on PC and I love it so much. Last time I went online for the first time in a long awhile. Was hosting some ranked battles an really didn't have to wait much. Got a variety of players despite it being 12-2 in the early AMs. Granted I did terrible, but it was still a lot of fun and I got some good practice out of it.

I've gotten back into AE some via the PC port. There's a few people to play- it's about 1/10 the size of PSN though.

I would make a rare sighting if someone ever did a PC AE stream.

Justin Wong recently played ranked lobbies on the PC version and streamed it.

Yeah there might be less people on PC, but it is not too difficult to find matches.

cackhyena

Just bought a Brawl stick and plan on swapping out with Sanwa parts in the near future. I managed to stay away for a few months. Where's my trophy?

Hey guys, I'm a total scrub at SSFIV AE on the PC. I used to play a bit when OG SFIV came out on 360, but I'm way out of practice.

Looking for others who suck as much as I do -- I didn't win any matches last night :'(.

steamcommunity.com/id/DyslexicAlucard

cackhyena

What happened to your TE stick ? If you want some matches you know where to find me dude :).
You still play on 360? Only game in town for me now.

Sold my TE to fund my super beefy new pc built from the ground up. I needed a break anyway. SF4 was all I played. Always going back to it leavin other good games behind...now I'm coming back. I'm fucked. Probs mod with Sanwa parts before long.

Kioshen

You still play on 360? Only game in town for me now.

Sold my TE to fund my super beefy new pc built from the ground up. I needed a break anyway. SF4 was all I played. Always going back to it leavin other good games behind...now I'm coming back. I'm fucked. Probs mod with Sanwa parts before long.

Yup I still have it on 360. I'm way more on marvel but I can still put up a fight on SF4 (I think).

Hinomura

Probably I solved my problem with MotionInJoy... It was randomly disconnecting the gamepad, it seems 'cause of too many USB devices were connected (old Asus mainboard USB 2.0 only, probably damaged by a lighting storm?).

I played a bit with other characters other than Akuma (which is still my main) like Fei Long, DeeJay and Guile, but I'm a bit too green with them (ie no skills with focus attack and poor setups leading to ultra/super).

I've one question for Akuma/Gouki gurus... how to adjust the timing of d+hk on falling opponents ie d+mk > qdb+lk > d+hk? In training it's soo hard but online it's just impossible to me :( Is it just more and more practice? Have I to look at something ie at particular Akuma/Gouki animation frame to know when to attack? Thank you! ^__^

Top Bottom