• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

MIMIC

Banned
Took a month long break. Oh how I've miss the rage quits :)

And for some reason, I can crouch tech now. I would usually just try and sense the throw.

TokiDoki

any tips for fighting cammy? in general feels like she can wiggle around doing whatever the hell she wants

Try to at least read some of her jumps by countering with instant jump normal . At least the idea is limits the amount of things she can do on the air .

Upon knockdown however when blocking Cammy vortex , I always start with blocking front first as most of the dive kick will land front , and then re-adjust blocking crossup if it is Normal like MK cross up instead .

What you use to fight against Cammy btw ?

Hinomura

You should definitely try to incorporate the sweep into your game more often if you want to play a vortex / mix-up heavy style of Akuma.

As for Ultra choice, be flexible and pick the right ultra for the match-up. Without going into option selects yet... Aside from its normal uses, Ultra 2 is a pretty good counter ultra against other ultras; but I find Ultra 1 is better as an anti-air. The key is to make sure you're doing the buffered into normals version (HK or MK with LP for anti-airs). Doing it this way lowers your hurtbox for anti-airs and is also useful as a punish when the opponent FADCs or does a high hitting / off the ground attack (like Sagat's Tiger Knee).

Try the shortcut input for this... after FP or MK, quarter circle up forward KKK will give you teleport and instant up KKK will cancel into ultra.

Gotta train hard! :)

Thanks for the hints!

Marz

People are way salty in this game lmao every time I beat someone with Guy they pick Guy the very next match and then after I beat them in the ditto they rage quit lmao.

Any gaffers wanna play on PSN?

Yeah, K-brad if I remember correctly. But still, the question was has he been dominating, and even with the odd loss the answer remains - yes. ;)

Yea, he still dominating...but I just threw that tidbit in there in light of the recent Cammy hate, lol.

Even a god-like player like Infiltration still falls prey with mindless Cammy bullshit.

shaowebb

Noticing when I play this or SFxTekken on Steam I get notifications of who is playing on Xbox in game. Do SFxTekken and SSF4AE have crossplay capabilities between PC and Consoles players?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Today has been the laggiest day in a while. Wish all fighting games had Tag 2 netcode. But it was fun despite the hiccups.

SmokeMaxX

I like HDR Cammy. I don't like Divekick Cammy, it takes away much of what she's supposed to have problems with traditionally. 2k12 cammy+ better hooligan/Spin knuckle - divekick would be a fun character.

As much as I agree with this, I also think that the majority of people who "feel this way" also complain about their character's flaws later.

I love the fact that Bison isn't designed as a character that can do a lot of jumping due to his floaty jump. However, if I'm fighting a character with a really good ground game and good fireball.... haha.

As much as I agree with this, I also think that the majority of people who "feel this way" also complain about their character's flaws later.

I love the fact that Bison isn't designed as a character that can do a lot of jumping due to his floaty jump. However, if I'm fighting a character with a really good ground game and good fireball.... haha.

I kind of miss SF2 Bison with his safe psycho crusher, I use to troll my friends with him back in the day until everybody started doing it. I remember reading that Bison pretty much had this same PC is the early arcade version of SF4 but it was removed because it was it was deemed to safe and spammable.

Playing against a good Hakan is one of the most confusing experiences you can have in this game. Especially one who can make good reads like the one I played. I ran into this Hakan player named "Roloworld" I think. Whenever I attacked him, he would constantly 50/50 me with command throw or air grab. I couldn't throw fireball from full screen, focus shenanigans got the best of me, constant ticks into command throw, and that towards medium punish into either command throw(grounded or jump) owned me. I'm also a player who gets easily frustrated and starts playing really stupid which he took full advantage of by punishing the dumb shit I would start doing like constantly try to cross him up when close to him, he'd punish me with air grabs. In the end he bodied me about 7-2 because I kept going back to see if I can finally get a idea on what I should do. I think I learned something, but I'm not sure.

Mœbius

What stick is it?

I still haven't got around to dual-modding my old 360 TE, really should do that. Using my VSHG on PS3 for the time being but want to save that just for VF sessions and use the TE for everything else.

Should also probably try out the silent sanwas... wife keeps complaining about my button mashing. :p

LakeEarth

Playing against a good Hakan is one of the most confusing experiences you can have in this game. Especially one who can make good reads like the one I played. I ran into this Hakan player named "Roloworld" I think. Whenever I attacked him, he would constantly 50/50 me with command throw or air grab. I couldn't throw fireball from full screen, focus shenanigans got the best of me, constant ticks into command throw, and that towards medium punish into either command throw(grounded or jump) owned me. I'm also a player who gets easily frustrated and starts playing really stupid which he took full advantage of by punishing the dumb shit I would start doing like constantly try to cross him up when close to him, he'd punish me with air grabs. In the end he bodied me about 7-2 because I kept going back to see if I can finally get a idea on what I should do. I think I learned something, but I'm not sure.

Seriously. Dude got scary.

Playing ultra2 Ryu lately. Might not be his best option, but it's so much fun.

cackhyena

So if I'm looking to swap sticks from this Brawl one, what am I looking for? Just a standard Sanwa? Only ever swapped out buttons. Just feel like something is off in this stick I can't put my finger on.

Kioshen

Looks like a rebranded SE stick so yeah you could reuse the mounting plate to replace the stick with a sanwa JLF but if you don't want to tinker with it much just buy a JLF with the mounting plate already on.

Funny thing is that we'll do some modding at the same time because my wife made herself pretty clear recently that I'll have to quiet my TE-S down. Curse you UMvC3 mashed supers ! Looking at different materials to put inside the buttons to reduce the clacking noise but I'll probably go the lazy route and just replace all the buttons with silenced sanwas from the factory. I already ordered an optical sensor to replace the microswitch board on my JLF so that's going to be fun to do.

cackhyena

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I bought the Steam version with all the DLC for 13 bucks during that sale, but I haven't had time to fire it up yet.

Xbox is really convenient.

jlai

I bought the Steam version with all the DLC for 13 bucks during that sale, but I haven't had time to fire it up yet.

Xbox is really convenient.

I find it to be the opposite. PC is the convenient one for me, especially considering I get to use keyboard and don't have to plug anything in.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What stick is it?

I still haven't got around to dual-modding my old 360 TE, really should do that. Using my VSHG on PS3 for the time being but want to save that just for VF sessions and use the TE for everything else.

Should also probably try out the silent sanwas... wife keeps complaining about my button mashing. :p

I wanted to do something super out of this world on the regular S stick but plans fell through.

Bought V.S. Just added different buttons. Trying to finalize what I'm going to put on it and stuff.

8430852417_60fc00690b_b.jpg

xCobalt

I wanted to do something super out of this world on the regular S stick but plans fell through.

Bought V.S. Just added different buttons. Trying to finalize what I'm going to put on it and stuff.

I'd like to hear the super out of this world idea.

I have the SSF4 S stick myself and when I opened it up the first time, I wasn't aware there was this sticky adhesive under the cover art. Was rather cautious since it was my first stick and it felt like the cover art could snap if I bent it back too far.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Think LCD screens, light effects, sound effects, etc. Basically pimp my ride stick version, except instead of just being a visual thing there will be functional stuff. But it was too ambitious to ask a certain person to do it for me.

def sim

I still have my vanilla SF4 stick. It's great. I'll pick another one up for whatever console I get this fall and convert my current one if possible.

Hinomura

Managed to play a bit this afternoon with PS3 version. I was laggy but I've achieved C+ rank pretty easily from scratch since there were no very good players.

Now I've just finished a PC session, and found stronger opponents - which seems a paradox considering PC beat'em up games were dream material until a couple of years ago.

Most of the fun I had was in training with one of the best player I've played with (I've lost a ton of matches, again), and I'm thankful since this player could play with higher level opponents instead of wasting time with me :)

I'm aware to have a bad habit, that's going mostly for safe moves (ie throw or fierce sweep) on advantage, instead of trying to link a combo making much more damage. I hope it's just a matter of practice and not the sign of the advancing age - I turned 39 a couple of days ago :S

Morris

Disco Devil
I started playing AE PSN again not too long ago. So far I've been playing all endless and man, do I always come across some YOLO'er ass motherfuckers. Glad to see online hasn't changed.

I still play Yun exclusively since I suck with everyone else now. Anyone wanna play one of these days?

cackhyena

Kio, replaced the stick on my Brawl with a Sanwa JLF. Definite improvement. Also got those silenced Sanwas and it's crazy how much less noise they make. Your wife would love them. Downside is it takes getting used to. No clacking throws off my timing to a degree, and the compression is less, so it can feel like regular buttons when they tend to stick. It's kinda weird, but you get used to it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

8430852417_60fc00690b_b.jpg

So simple and clean <3

Kioshen

Kio, replaced the stick on my Brawl with a Sanwa JLF. Definite improvement. Also got those silenced Sanwas and it's crazy how much less noise they make. Your wife would love them. Downside is it takes getting used to. No clacking throws off my timing to a degree, and the compression is less, so it can feel like regular buttons when they tend to stick. It's kinda weird, but you get used to it.

Sorry about not responding to your questions but glad you like them. I also ordered a complete set and still waiting on that laser powered pcb. The stickiness is a little disappointing but at least the noise reduction is there. Currently on hiatus until I get these parts in.

cackhyena

The stickiness feeling is just cuz I'm used to that extra give with the regular buttons. It really is no big deal, just takes some getting used to. Very quality buttons on the whole. Hit me up when you want more games, man.

cackhyena

I get a round of that in before bed. I think I'm on the last one in the last dungeon. I know that's not even scratching the surface, though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Going to be home so I'll play some games today.

Ordered some more stuff for my stick. Can't wait for it. :)

I'm doing the Sako combo like nothing. What is wrong with me?

Sayah

GGs Kadey. Wish I could have played longer, though.
SFIV is hell'a fun. The first game I've found in my life where I can lose non-stop but still enjoy myself. Hope to play more later.

Top Bottom