• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

DRE Fei

Quick question: How do I turn off backgrounds on the PC version? I'm having trouble getting 60fps with my shitty graphics card and I heard it can be improved by just removing the backgrounds. Damn, I need a new laptop.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
_dementia said:
I'd be down if my plans fall through

I would prefer if people didn't sign up unless they were 99% sure they will be there. Also, if your internet is provided by fisher price please don't enter, if it's truly terrible you will be disqualified.

So Edge, if you plan on joining make sure you hand crank your internet up to 100%.

DRE Fei said:
Quick question: How do I turn off backgrounds on the PC version? I'm having trouble getting 60fps with my shitty graphics card and I heard it can be improved by just removing the backgrounds. Damn, I need a new laptop.
Only thing you can do is set Stage background to Low in graphics option.

Edgeward

Conceited said:
Alright my fellow PSN brethern, listen up.

Since random select tourneys are fun as hell I've decided to hold a random select tournament with a prize on Sunday (i.e. tomorrow). What the prize is will be a secret to everyone, including myself, as I will pick it randomly from a pool of prizes. It could be a $20 PSN card, it could be this copy of the Asian version of Demon Souls, it could be a bottle of unmarked, expired perscription drugs, or it could be a coupon for one free cyber sex session with yours truly.
Just kidding about that last one, unless Floyd wins. <3

So tomorrow at 9pm EST, join me on GAF-chat on PSN won't you? For your chance to win a piece of artistic history, or something. You can quote this post to solidify your entry, if you do not show up you will be replaced by someone much better looking than you.

Disclaimer: Contest is only open to residents of Canada and the Continental US (excluding Quebec), I reserve all rights to use your name/likeness in any upcoming cartoons or films I may be producing. I will pay all shipping costs if necessary. There may or may not be more tournaments like this in the future. All rights reserved ConCorp© 2011.

BE THERE, OR YOU PROBABLY WONT WIN ANYTHINGGGGGG

120px-Csi_miami_yeah.jpg

So Edge, if you plan on joining make sure you hand crank your internet up to 100%.

Why would you want me to crank my internet down to 100%?

I'm in btw. I hope to god I don't get Oni or Gouken.

I love the idea of a random tourney. We already know who the best players are, that doesn't need to be established. But what I'd like to do is give lesser players a fighting chance so guys like me or Edgeward can beat Seph or eva01. We may not know how be as good as them, but if they get Hakan, then we know they're fucked.

I commend you Conceited for doing this. And I would like the add that I would like to contribute prizes to future events just to liven things up some more and make people really try even though they're so unfamiliar with the character they got.

InsertNameHere said:
I'll join in on these things when I actually have my arcade stick and can... actually execute a fireball or shoryuken.
If you luck out, then you won't need to do those motions in the random tournament!

LProtag

Professor Beef said:
If you luck out, then you won't need to do those motions in the random tournament!

I haven't even the slightest on how to use charge characters and all I know about grapplers is 360s.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Ok, so far we've got;

1. Professor Freef (you better not D/C, son!)
2. the_log_ride
3. Edge "They have 1mbps internet now?" ward
4. Immort4l

I will hold a tenative spot for you Dementia, if you confim you can definitely be there before 4 more people sign up then you can have a spot.

Rice-Eater said:
I commend you Conceited for doing this. And I would like the add that I would like to contribute prizes to future events just to liven things up some more and make people really try even though they're so unfamiliar with the character they got.

Thanks man! And thanks for giving me the idea, you're free to join this one if you want. :)

Conceited said:
Thanks man! And thanks for giving me the idea, you're free to join this one if you want. :)

I can't, I work Sunday nights. Maybe some other time if they're on nights when I'm around. I can't contribute all the time, but when I can, I'd like to aim a little high. More then just a trinket. Unfortunately I'm no Kadey, so I can't go that high, but I'd like to add prizes that people would be very interested in winning.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
halp!

I'm doing Genei Jin kara palm but it only works 2 (SOMETIMES 3 times) in a row... does it only work against Dhalsim or something? My Yun gets pushed back WAY too much compared to the videos I've seen out there?

Edgeward

Conceited said:
Ok, so far we've got;

2. the_log_ride
4. Immort4l

I will hold a tenative spot for you Dementia, if you confim you can definitely be there before 4 more people sign up then you can have a spot.

a4mmpu_th.gif

Yoshichan said:
halp!

I'm doing Genei Jin kara palm but it only works 2 (SOMETIMES 3 times) in a row... does it only work against Dhalsim or something? My Yun gets pushed back WAY too much compared to the videos I've seen out there?
It is a really hard combo to pull off. There are easier combo as do almost just as much.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cloudius12 said:
It is a really hard combo to pull off. There are easier combo as do almost just as much.
But I don't need to do it 10 times ._. I'm happy with 3 or something, then lunge punch. Am I doing something wrong?

Yoshichan said:
But I don't need to do it 10 times ._. I'm happy with 3 or something, then lunge punch. Am I doing something wrong?
I havent tested out extensively, whether it worked with other characters or not. But if you are doing ti on Dhalsim and you cant get 3 to hit, its has to do with your timing and where the Palm hits. The Palms has to hit really late other than that Yun will be pushed back.

vulva

Conceited said:
Ok, so far we've got;

2. the_log_ride
4. Immort4l

may I please get in on this?

zlatko said:
Poongko lost to a Makoto lol.

That's bigdanmul, a really well known Makoto player. He's been pretty well known since Super, a lot of his matches against top players have been uploaded by Shin Akuma.

Is this single elim or double?

Rocwell

notworksafe said:
Hey Roc did you send that design to EL? My wallet is ready to buy a shirt!
Yep I pm'd the 2 designs I was working on Wednesday. I haven't gotten a response from him saying I'm an idiot so I assume everything is fine?

Woops I see you had the tourney already, I didn't realize it was going to be so soon. I was at work :lol

toypop

Umezono tweeted that he'll have a streaming today's a-cho replays on godsgarden's ustream (or justin.tv).
It contains almost 2 hours of final tournament matches + 40 mins of notable earlier round matches.
RF, Haitani, Uryo as guest commentators and It starts in 1.5 hours from now. (0:00AM JST)

Got this game earlier this weekend and am starting to put in some time to play. I know I won't make any fans with this, but I really like Yang. :/

I like Dudley too, but Yang is a lot of fun to play. I guess it doesn't really matter though since I'm so scrubby at the game. I get torn apart by anyone. :lol

USD

toypop said:
Umezono tweeted that he'll have a streaming today's a-cho replays on godsgarden's ustream (or justin.tv).
It contains almost 2 hours of final tournament matches + 40 mins of notable earlier round matches.
RF, Haitani, Uryo as guest commentators and It starts in 1.5 hours from now. (0:00AM JST)
Awesome, will watch.

striKeVillain! said:
Got this game earlier this weekend and am starting to put in some time to play. I know I won't make any fans with this, but I really like Yang. :/

I like Dudley too, but Yang is a lot of fun to play. I guess it doesn't really matter though since I'm so scrubby at the game. I get torn apart by anyone. :lol

Yang is pretty execution heavy. I'd suggest getting acquainted with Yun as their style is pretty similar except Yun has easier links and he has a bit more bullshit than Yang. You can then switch back to Yang when you're somehwat confident with how your Yun plays.

Here's a Yun tutorial by Xian. A lot of it will probably go over your head but it's good info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5iByrMk9h4

Also check out Vesper Arcade tutorial for general stuff. Excellent resource for beginners and intermediate players.

http://www.vesperarcade.com/videos/ssf4/tutorials.aspx

toasty_T said:
Yang is pretty execution heavy. I'd suggest getting acquainted with Yun as their style is pretty similar except Yun has easier links and he has a bit more bullshit than Yang. You can then switch back to Yang when you're somehwat confident with how your Yun plays.

Here's a Yun tutorial by Xian. A lot of it will probably go over your head but it's good info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5iByrMk9h4

Also check out Vesper Arcade tutorial for general stuff. Excellent resource for beginners and intermediate players.

http://www.vesperarcade.com/videos/ssf4/tutorials.aspx
This is great - thanks.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
striKeVillain! said:

Yang is flying under the radar in AE. Watch at least some of this video to get a sense of his dirtiness in the right hands.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
1. Professor Beef
2. the_log_ride
3. Edgeward
4. Immort4l
5. Morro
6. Vulva
7. Vissione
8. Onion_Relish

Ok, we're full. See you guys at 9pm EST where you could win a brand new caaaaaaaar!

DjangoReinhardt said:
Yang is flying under the radar in AE. Watch at least some of this video to get a sense of his dirtiness in the right hands.
Yang's mixup game is indeed bananas. It'd be hard for someone just starting out to appreciate that when they can barely string together their cr lk's consistently.
describing my experience in a round about way

USD

NSB announced a little bit ago that everything that stream (including NSB TV!) will be on Twitch TV from now on.

A lot of high-level players were at the a-cho tournament. The past 10 minutes or so have been of the second round, which was 2/3 matches.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I don't get this, is this what it feels like to be on LSD? I'm seeing 1-2 seconds of each game before another one start. help.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'd like to see Twitch being as customizable or even more so than JTV. Don't like all the white borders and having nothing but videos on the bottom. I wonder if either is more stable than the other at this point. Apparently the company has been focusing more on Twitch. 8 million unique viewers in July. It's still very new so I guess you can't expect everything at once. For now I prefer JTV.

vulva

Conceited said:
1. Professor Beef
2. the_log_ride
3. Edgeward
4. Immort4l
5. Morro
6. Vulva
7. Vissione
8. Onion_Relish

Ok, we're full. See you guys at 9pm EST where you could win a brand new caaaaaaaar!
I just got word that I'll be needed for something tonight now. If anyone else wants my spot, please give it to them. I really wish I could compete but real life comes first =(. Hope this all goes well, though!

Top Bottom