• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Degen

who does Cloudius really main?

6vbRR.gif

Morro! said:
I just won my first random tourney after getting exposed last night.

Much love to Conceited for putting this up <3.

That Dan comeback Log managed to pull off was absolutely sick.

Anyway i say we should do random tourneys like every weekend or something, they're hella fun even if there's not a prize involved. Altough having a prize really makes things hype lol

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Eva and Threi battling it out now.

Jeff has become a mod for beating up on one of my stalkers.

Saty is probably watching some Hindu music video.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tonight was fun.

Good games to everyone.

Edit: If any of you guys want a particular match highlighted tell me.

Satyamdas said:
I know you're not hating on dat Benny Lava?!?!?! >:|

Dude is a straight boss! ^_^

My mom watches Hindu music videos so I can't hate. And most of them are more charming than American music videos.

Satyamdas

Banned
Kadey said:
My mom watches Hindu music videos so I can't hate. And most of them are more charming than American music videos.
I don't watch Hindu music videos, but Benny Lava is fucking hilarious for the fake translations/lyrics.

I think in future random tourney's coaching should be allowed. You get a character you never used before, I think it should be ok if the other guys in the chat tell you how to do a Ultra or that this combo works or doesn't work. I think it would add another fun aspect to the random tourney's. But that's just my suggestion. It really depends on what the majority thinks.

Edgeward

I've held off telling others move commands because the difference in winning and losing in some matches is knowing the ultra motions or special commands. It forces people to try out other characters and play with them for a bit if they want to win at these things. Which can only be a good thing.

I would say keep it out because it does make things more exciting as the player is fumbling trying to figure out what to do and it keeps that real randomness in as to whether your opponent knows the character as well.

DRE Fei

stabicron7 said:
The reason he's flying under the radar is because Yang doesn't have all the free in's that Yun does. It is actually possible to zone him and keep him out. Yeah Yang is good but not anywhere near as stupidly crazy as Yun.
I don't want them to nerf Yang that much at all. I think his (and Yun's) ex command grab need to have their throw invincibility removed and their startup slowed down to Fei Long level. Why are these twins' ex command grabs better than Makoto's? So many ridiculous decisions in AE.

Other than the ridiculous command grab and too much meter from whiffed palm, Yang is fine. Yun on the other hand, I'm not sure what the exact solution is. First, there's the obvious outrageous stuff like ex dash punch, plus the godlike command grab and crazy meter building palm that needs to be nerfed. However even with those nerfed, he still has the ambiguous dive kick setups which is really what fucks most people up. Maybe he needs a damage nerf as well? I'm not sure. I still want him to be fun to use. Capcom is known for nerfing characters to ridiculous levels. I hope Seth can make the right choices on this.

Edgeward said:
I've held off telling others move commands because the difference in winning and losing in some matches is knowing the ultra motions or special commands. It forces people to try out other characters and play with them for a bit if they want to win at these things. Which can only be a good thing.

I would say keep it out because it does make things more exciting as the player is fumbling trying to figure out what to do and it keeps that real randomness in as to whether your opponent knows the character as well.

thats the only reason i won against floyd in that tourney, was because he didnt know ibuki ultra 1

that being said, i told that guy vega ultra 2 and he smoked gen full screen for the win and the set, which was both fucking hilarious and hype. So its a trade off. I think its key just to not play favorites

-Mikey-

USD said:
Season's Beatings: Velocity info got posted on SRK

October 14-16, definitely will be hype. Only a week after Devastation though.
Oh man, oh man!

I have two friends that live within 3-4 blocks of OSU. I somehow missed SB the past 2 years because of work / school / forgetting about the event until it was too late.

I'll definitely make it out and might even participate in my first tourney! Can't wait to see what killers make it out this year.

Sblargh

Banned
DRE Fei said:
I don't want them to nerf Yang that much at all. I think his (and Yun's) ex command grab need to have their throw invincibility removed and their startup slowed down to Fei Long level. Why are these twins' ex command grabs better than Makoto's? So many ridiculous decisions in AE.

Other than the ridiculous command grab and too much meter from whiffed palm, Yang is fine. Yun on the other hand, I'm not sure what the exact solution is. First, there's the obvious outrageous stuff like ex dash punch, plus the godlike command grab and crazy meter building palm that needs to be nerfed. However even with those nerfed, he still has the ambiguous dive kick setups which is really what fucks most people up. Maybe he needs a damage nerf as well? I'm not sure. I still want him to be fun to use. Capcom is known for nerfing characters to ridiculous levels. I hope Seth can make the right choices on this.

Damage nerf would be my answer, yeah. He is supposed to be a character who can get in and wreck shit, what is fucked is how he get in *once* and the round is over. Makoto is supposed to be like that. :(

Imm0rt4l said:
People need to stop sleeping on yang he is almost just as much bullshit as yun.

You know I was starting to think the same thing. Yang is very strong especially against shotos. Also I can't believe I saw a rufus player this weekend in ranked and endless. I thought they were all extinct since AE came out? For me, it's literally been about 6 maybe 7 months since I last saw a rufus player.

Triple Oceans said:
You know I was starting to think the same thing. Yang is very strong especially against shotos. Also I can't believe I saw a rufus player this weekend in ranked and endless. I thought they were all extinct since AE came out? For me, it's literally been about 6 maybe 7 months since I last saw a rufus player.
I think I've only fought against two Rufuses my whole SSFIV career.

explodet

It's a damn shame too, his theme is awesome.

In my SFIV career (if you can call it that) I've been annihilated by one Rufus and the rest were pretty free.

USD

Looks like Gama is trying to shake things up with NSB, including the tournament format, among other things. At the next NSB, the qualifying round will be 16 (max) pools with 3 teams, with the top team in each pool advancing to the finals. If there aren't enough teams for 16 pools, then there's a loser's bracket for the 2nd place team in each pool. The ultimate goal here being to extend the time of the tournaments.

He's also wants to create NSB Tokyo and NSB Kansai. A big problem though is having the staff to pull it off.

Also, unrelated, but Poongko is in Japan right now.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I love fighting Rufuses because Makoto's kara forward throw beats all his messiah kick enders except when he delays the lk follow up, but that's really unsafe. For some reason pulling that shit off is really satisfying.

rivals

USD said:
Looks like Gama is trying to shake things up with NSB, including the tournament format, among other things. At the next NSB, the qualifying round will be 16 (max) pools with 3 teams, with the top team in each pool advancing to the finals. If there aren't enough teams for 16 pools, then there's a loser's bracket for the 2nd place team in each pool. The ultimate goal here being to extend the time of the tournaments.

He's also wants to create NSB Tokyo and NSB Kansai. A big problem though is having the staff to pull it off.

I'm watching that interview with him from evo right now. He's got some interesting ideas, I'm looking forward to seeing what he ends up being able to do.

Rocwell

Lost Fragment said:
I love fighting Rufuses because Makoto's kara forward throw beats all his messiah kick enders except when he delays the lk follow up, but that's really unsafe. For some reason pulling that shit off is really satisfying.
standing fierce will beat them both too. You can hayate cancel and hit confirm a combo or reset depending on which version he uses. You can also backdash to avoid lk and sweep followup and punish but hk followup will tag you. LK Ultra 2 beats all his follow up options as well. U2 is really useful in this matchup since if you get cornered by rufus you're pretty well fcuked and having that as an escape option is really important. You can also beat reversal ex messiahs by jumping back and delaying your hp to hit him after invincible frames wear off.

Rufus is actually a pretty bad fight for Makoto, he's a bitch to anti-air and when he gets in you can't really do anything but mash os c. mk throw tech. If you get knocked down your options are way more limited than Rufus when he gets knocked down. On the other hand he has low stun so you can dizzy him pretty quickly if you guess right 2 or 3 times in a row.

SamVimes

Never thought i'd say it but i'm having a lot of fun using Gen, i lose almost every game but i really like him.

Too bad i almost always stay Mantis (except for antiair) and i don't think i used oga more than 3 times.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Spirit of Jazz said:
Can Rose have her ultra 2 back please? I don't like the fact that Fei's cr. short will beat every single option she has :(
Capcom obviously have no idea what to do with Rose. U2 was slightly OP and a band-aid for her lack of a real wake-up move to get people off of her that many complained about and still left her high B tier at best. So they take that away and give her nothing at all in return even weakening some of her normals.

I have little faith but we will see.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
PhatSaqs said:
Capcom obviously have no idea what to do with Rose. U2 was slightly OP and a band-aid for her lack of a real wake-up move to get people off of her that many complained about and still left her high B tier at best. So they take that away and give her nothing at all in return even weakening some of her normals.

I have little faith but we will see.

Give her Alpha 2 Soul Illusion.

Top Bottom