• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Imm0rt4l

street fighter pet peeve#37. A player with a decent amount of pp, you select your main, they don't. You beat them handily. Next match they select some other character they barely play(in this case Hakkan smh), they random you out....barely. Host has left this session. Fucking scrub.

Imm0rt4l said:
street fighter pet peeve#37. A player with a decent amount of pp, you select your main, they don't. You beat them handily. Next match they select some other character they barely play(in this case Hakkan smh), they random you out....barely. Host has left this session. Fucking scrub.
Why does this shit happen so often :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
just came back from a 10h session...

My Yun is really, really good now I think. Remember when I whined about not being able to do shit against Abel?

I slaughter him now. Literally, murder him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Imm0rt4l said:
Good, because it's a bad matchup for abel.
That's what everyone told me and I wouldn't believe it.

Then again, that was before I knew linking command grab with anything isn't 1frame, before I knew j.mp beats everything Abel does in the air, before I realized you could just backdash the living crap out of Abels (insane) block strings and before I realized Genei-Jin IS bad against Abel (yes, I said it. It's bad. You can't double palm him in the corner and the amount of damage he takes is insanely small because of his large healthpool.) I use the EX-bars for the priority command grabs and the amazing shoryuken with kicks.

Yoshichan

SamVimes said:
Abel's insane blockstrings? He doesn't even have a true blockstring.
I guess I had trouble with fake ones then.

Damn, son.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yoshichan said:
just came back from a 10h session...

:/ I'd kill for friends to play with. KILL!

On another note, time for a penis-swinging survey, who on gaf has the highest bp/pp ? I have 0/0 :[

Imm0rt4l

cHaotix8 said:
Fuck Bison.
you are my brother in salt.

really though gouken loses to dictator. I play dudley as well, but I don't know the matchup with him and srk boards are fucking useless. It's just a circle jerk of 2 posters shitting on everyone else.

rivals

Conceited said:
Ok, so far we've got;

1. Professor Freef (you better not D/C, son!)
2. the_log_ride
3. Edge "They have 1mbps internet now?" ward
4. Immort4l

Count me in if there's still room!

cHaotix8

Imm0rt4l said:
It's just a circle jerk of 2 posters shitting on everyone else.

And the funny thing is they aren't even good. I stopped posting there ages ago. Good thing I'll have Cammy for non character locked tournaments. The matchup is still hard but at least she can punish lame Bison runaway and low short mashing.

Axis

cHaotix8 said:
And the funny thing is they aren't even good. I stopped posting there ages ago. Good thing I'll have Cammy for non character locked tournaments. The matchup is still hard but at least she can punish lame Bison runaway and low short mashing.

that's my steeze, fool

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Zhi deserves huge respect for being a great translator. He's been blowing it up for the last month or so. And he looks like Dennis To!

I'm very happy with how things are with the community right now. Everybody is just chill. Things can only keep getting better.

Corky said:
:/ I'd kill for friends to play with. KILL!

On another note, time for a penis-swinging survey, who on gaf has the highest bp/pp ? I have 0/0 :[

We're in the same boat. It's all good. Who cares about points/bp? I'd rather have fight money or just have fun.

And when I lived in Florida, I had access to a few people to play. I guess you can try looking for community in your area.

And that Gama interview was pretty depressing. But I think there will still be a few big arcades around.

SmokeMaxX

cHaotix8 said:
You can't even beat Blanka with your Cammy son. That's like a 7-3 matchup.

rivals

Kadey said:
Zhi "Kindevu likes little girls." LOL.

That was the best part of the interview. Also I agree with everything you said before, the fact that Zhi is doing these translation on the fly videos is awesome.

Azure J

So, just got a good day of playing in, and a few more things to note:

- Played random character matches today and got Fei Long, Chun-Li, C. Viper & Gouken for the matches I played. Why is Fei Long so much fucking fun (randomly hitting off something like 7 command grabs in a row until my brother just didn't know what the hell was going on then going all EX burning kick on him for the finale of that round was glorious, especially when I was living on pixels), Chun-Li (Hosenka) so fucked royally for super/ultra startup (I miss my 2x QCF + P/K, lol), C.Viper such a mixed bag of awesome and frustration (both from the same source - you feel amazing when you start getting her more advanced stuff, but frustrated as hell when you aren't consistent) and Gouken the only shoto I like using after SFII? (That's even if I get exposed for using his EX Tatsu Gorasen way too often :p)

- God, nothing feels as good gaming wise as leveling up with a character in these games. Had a personal best moment today after looking at 801strider's Makoto blow shit up yesterday and trying to use more varied stuff. Most prominently, not following up a Hayate chain with c.MP xx Hayate, using more L/M Tsurugi for the ground followups, and grinding out a L/M Oroshi -> Ultra 1 link.

- Yang is hype. Yang > Yun. :p

Mœbius

Kadey said:
Zhi deserves huge respect for being a great translator. He's been blowing it up for the last month or so. And he looks like Dennis To!

I'm very happy with how things are with the community right now. Everybody is just chill. Things can only keep getting better.
lol! He kinda does! I'm going to tell him that.

DjangoReinhardt said:
Yang is flying under the radar in AE. Watch at least some of this video to get a sense of his dirtiness in the right hands.

The reason he's flying under the radar is because Yang doesn't have all the free in's that Yun does. It is actually possible to zone him and keep him out. Yeah Yang is good but not anywhere near as stupidly crazy as Yun.

Shoutouts to Conceited for puttin' on dat random tourney, and grats to Floyd on the win.
Shoutouts to Ono for nerfing Rufus' U2, and allowing me to steal that win away from Imm0rt4l

Fighting Game Community is best video game community. All the people here doing their best to further this community got my respect. Putting on tourneys, running ranbats, and streaming aren't easy to do...

Morris

Disco Devil
I just won my first random tourney after getting exposed last night.

Much love to Conceited for putting this up <3.

That Dan comeback Log managed to pull off was absolutely sick.

Anyway i say we should do random tourneys like every weekend or something, they're hella fun even if there's not a prize involved. Altough having a prize really makes things hype lol

Top Bottom