• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Edgeward

Should I hold my breath for this game to be on sale for Steam? I missed the chance when it was on sale during that 1 day of Xmas steam sale. I said I would buy it if the deal rolled around again, but it didn't :(

I have all the fighters on 360, but I'm spoiled by my new PC.

http://www.steamgamesales.com/bpZrr/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition

Judging from the history of it, you will need to hold you breath if you want it at the lowest point since history has shown it only appearing during the big annual steam sales and each time was a flash sale.

question, whats the input window for when an opponent does their super/ultra and the animation occurs.

more specifically, when do i input the commands for my own ultra/super when an opponent does theirs to have it count.

like if i was doing the command for an ultra and my opponent's ultra goes off halfway through input. can i charge the charge characters while its going on?

gutabo

question, whats the input window for when an opponent does their super/ultra and the animation occurs.

more specifically, when do i input the commands for my own ultra/super when an opponent does theirs to have it count.

like if i was doing the command for an ultra and my opponent's ultra goes off halfway through input. can i charge the charge characters while its going on?

Yes, you can charge since the clock doesn't stop. IIRC you have a buffer similar to the wakeup buffer for your moves as their ultra freeze animation ends. As Honda you can empty neutral jump against an abel trying to ultra 2 you as you land, press and hold the 3 kicks and keep holding down charge while the ultra freeze happens and do piano negative edge buttslam as you land and he releases the ultra 2.

BTW, top or front camera for hands videos?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yes, you can charge since the clock doesn't stop. IIRC you have a buffer similar to the wakeup buffer for your moves as their ultra freeze animation ends. As Honda you can empty neutral jump against an abel trying to ultra 2 you as you land, press and hold the 3 kicks and keep holding down charge while the ultra freeze happens and do piano negative edge buttslam as you land and he releases the ultra 2.

BTW, top or front camera for hands videos?

Wow, gutabo, nice!

I like the top down view the best.

I like being the top.

I mean...err, I like the top view the best.

A little next gen talk from me if you guys don't mind. I get very easily excited about new hardware and ever since the first Playstation, I've always been bias towards Sony in the console space. I got a PS2 and PS3 very soon after launch and I plan on doing the same with the PS4.

With that said, I'm really looking forward to using the share feature with future fighting games such as Street Fighter 5. You know how we sometimes come in here and talk about a match we just had? Well I love the fact that we can show each other these matches nearly instantly now. No more requiring a capture card or recording our TV with a web cam. Probably the best part is being able to stream straight from the console without any additional hardware. Future PS4 GAFbats can be streamed easily by anyone who owns the console so we don't need to make sure Kadey is available.

It won't be on Twitch though, from the sound of it anyways. Sony is partnering with UStream so maybe that will be our only option, who knows. But as long as it gets the job done, that's all I care about. Besides us, this should also get more top players involved who don't have a good enough PC or the streaming equipment. I'ms sure their will be kinks to work out but hopefully it will be ironed out by the time SF5 or the next big fighter comes out. As for the next Xbox, I hope have they plan on having the same features as well so both sides can be on board.

Krackatoa

It won't be on Twitch though, from the sound of it anyways. Sony is partnering with UStream so maybe that will be our only option, who knows. But as long as it gets the job done, that's all I care about. Besides us, this should also get more top players involved who don't have a good enough PC or the streaming equipment. I'ms sure their will be kinks to work out but hopefully it will be ironed out by the time SF5 or the next big fighter comes out. As for the next Xbox, I hope have they plan on having the same features as well so both sides can be on board.

Unless the UStream PS4 app allows for restreaming from a Ustream channel, Twitch will be safe. Custom post-processing effects and overlays are a mandatory feature for a lot of serious livestreamers.

If the PS4 app is going to be as barebones as I'm expecting, I think Twitch will actually benefit from this, despite UStream becoming a bigger force. The PS4 will begin the normalization of livestreaming in the general playerbase, and core livestream viewers will still flock to their regular preferred channels.

Unless the UStream PS4 app allows for restreaming from a Ustream channel, Twitch will be safe. Custom post-processing effects and overlays are a mandatory feature for a lot of serious livestreamers.

If the PS4 app is going to be as barebones as I'm expecting, I think Twitch will actually benefit from this, despite UStream becoming a bigger force. The PS4 will begin the normalization of livestreaming in the general playerbase, and core livestream viewers will still flock to their regular preferred channels.

I'm pretty sure that's what it will be doing. You can upload your video to Facebook for everybody to watch, not just PS4 owners. The same should be for the streaming capabilities which they partnered up with Ustream for. It'd be a waste if that were not the case. They didn't make that very clear, but that's what everybody from fans and journalist believes it will do.

But I agree, even if this becomes kind of a big thing I don't think it will really hurt Twitch. UStreams growth will probably also help Twitch grow as streaming becomes more popular. Everybody will still flock to them for everything else while UStream becomes the place for PS4 games. Myself personally I just love the idea that FGC-GAF can do a casuals night or throw a little tournament in which anybody with a PS4 can stream and everybody can watch.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sony is saying all the right things. But doing all the right things is a different matter. None of these companies have done exactly as they said in previous generations so I'm skeptical on many ideas. I'm really doubtful on our sticks working next generation. Sony and Microsoft are both in top three when it comes to proprietary hardware and they will have to make some of that money back from all the good things they are putting into the consoles themselves. 2014 tournaments are going to be interesting with all this stuff.

Was going to be an HK stick this weekend but then I realized I should probably wait until there is a price drop deal instead of getting free shipping. Art is taking forever to ship me stuff. There really should be more places like his. It's not like I ordered custom parts this time, just wanted regular side panels.

Funny you guys say that, something happened to my 360 Super disc a while back to. It stopped reading and was really scratched up, I don't remember how it happened though. Not sure if it was me or something else. But the funny thing is that I was mad that I had to go buy another disc, then I remembered a mistake I made when AE first came out. I was up really early in the morning ready to download AE and I accidentally bought Super. I felt like such a moron for wasting $40. Little did I know that it would eventually come in handy when my Super disc stopped working.

Kadey, I'm pretty optimistic that our sticks and USB devices will still work, on PS4 anyways. PS2 and PS3 USB's supported all kind of devices, even stuff that were never intended to be used on them like PC webcams and pads. My cousins PS2 Hori RAP2 still works on his PS3. So their track record has been good so far. PS4 sports USB 3.0 and I don't think they will block devices old USB devices like they have done with the DS3. But that's a different story though, which I can understand because the DS3 lacks a lot of the features that the DS4 has that can integral or a requirement for PS4 games.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Having USB does not guarantee it will work. Certain PC products are an indication of this. Some USB 2.0 stuff doesn't work in a USB 3.0 slot. I would have the utmost respect for Sony as days of old if they would allow universal usage but this is a company known for the opposite. The hardware itself may support it in theory but Sony can just put a software lock on things. That in itself isn't so bad because someone can easily find a way around that.

I'm home today so if anybody wants to play some games on PC.

Xevren

hmmm, may have to get on that so I won't have a need for a disc.

There is supposed to be a massive Games on Demand sale starting tomorrow to next week, and AE is listed. So if you do want to get it I would say to wait if possible just to see if it will be discounted.

There is supposed to be a massive Games on Demand sale starting tomorrow to next week, and AE is listed. So if you do want to get it I would say to wait if possible just to see if it will be discounted.

On it.

Although, I do have a question about that. Will my current DLC (alt costumes) work for the Games on Demand version?

A little next gen talk from me if you guys don't mind. I get very easily excited about new hardware and ever since the first Playstation, I've always been bias towards Sony in the console space. I got a PS2 and PS3 very soon after launch and I plan on doing the same with the PS4.

With that said, I'm really looking forward to using the share feature with future fighting games such as Street Fighter 5. You know how we sometimes come in here and talk about a match we just had? Well I love the fact that we can show each other these matches nearly instantly now. No more requiring a capture card or recording our TV with a web cam. Probably the best part is being able to stream straight from the console without any additional hardware. Future PS4 GAFbats can be streamed easily by anyone who owns the console so we don't need to make sure Kadey is available.

I really don't care for the social online aspects Sony was talking about. But I am optimistic that they can pull it off.

MIMIC

Banned
Dude, Games on Demand that shit. Supposed to be a huge sale soon with AE in the mix. Forget discs.

OK, someone PM me when this happens. Only time I check out online stuff is when there's mandatory DLC for a game I'm playing. No way will I remember on my own, lol

LakeEarth

Fun moment online last night, Ryu vs E.Ryu. After a knockdown, I (Ryu) do a meaty EX hurricane kick, Valle style. He random ultra 2, and it somehow goes under Ryu as he twists in the air. No clue how it worked, but thanks!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Now it's complete.

8522331964_e0d2e1b6c6_z.jpg

8521219913_ef03e64b52_z.jpg

udivision

Trying to pick this up again and (hopefully) learn Akuma. Also learning Akuma on 3S as well, that game is so goood.

I think I wanna to add him to my roster too. I just have a bad habit of not blocking well and that's not a good thing for a low stamina character.

GGs Edgeward and Rice Eater. Had tons of fun.

Same here man, it was a lot of fun. Much different then my usual online adventures playing ranked which is normally full of stress and rage. This was a much more calm experience, except for that one match. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about Solid. If you want to upload it, do it man. I'd love to relive that meltdown for the rest of my life lol.

Hey Edge, just wondering about something I was doing during our matches. When I did my HK axe kick against you in the corner and did a empty neutral jump into a forward jump MK, were you blocking that as a cross up? That set up is a fake cross up and I did hit you several times but I don't know if I was timing it right or was it because you were expecting a dive kick?

Same here man, it was a lot of fun. Much different then my usual online adventures playing ranked which is normally full of stress and rage. This was a much more calm experience, except for that one match. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about Solid. If you want to upload it, do it man. I'd love to relive that meltdown for the rest of my life lol.

I'd like to upload our matches and post them here, but it might take me some time to get around to it. I have the replays saved though.

I'd like to upload our matches and post them here, but it might take me some time to get around to it. I have the replays saved though.

It's cool, take your time. I might save it to just in case. I could record it through my webcam. That's what I've done before. But anyways, I was also going for a fake cross up against you. In the corner when I land a EX axe kick, I then whiff a stand fierce and do a forward jump kick. It will hit just like a regular jump in from the front even though I'm crossing you up. I never landed it against you though. I screwed up the first time and then I think you used meter to get out the next two times. I guess you sniffed it out that I was up to something and said "fuck this, I'm not going to block, I"m Bison with meter".

Sup guys

Any of you regularly play AE on the PC? I have it installed, but I don't know who(on my friends list) plays on the PC regularly. Wouldn't mind tossing out some friend requests so I can play on the PC more often.

Warning: I suck major balls.

It's cool, take your time. I might save it to just in case. I could record it through my webcam. That's what I've done before. But anyways, I was also going for a fake cross up against you. In the corner when I land a EX axe kick, I then whiff a stand fierce and do a forward jump kick. It will hit just like a regular jump in from the front even though I'm crossing you up. I never landed it against you though. I screwed up the first time and then I think you used meter to get out the next two times. I guess you sniffed it out that I was up to something and said "fuck this, I'm not going to block, I"m Bison with meter".

I didn't exactly know if you were going for a setup, but I just decided to get out of there using meter. You have some nice setups that will lead to big damage after getting a knockdown, so yeah I just decided I'm not gonna deal with it lol. I did like your setups after whiffing a st. mp, but I didn't know if you were gonna try to cross me up for use the dive kick. That definitely got me a few times. Was also impressed by a reset you did in one of our matches.

And if Solar or anyone else wants to play on PC, my GFWL is: solidgear1991

Top Bottom