• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

jlai

All DPs only FADC-able on hit (like Oni's)
Minimum height requirement for all dive kicks and air specials
Nerf Sakura LK and EX Tatsu

AE.2013 LET'S GO!

and throw invincibility on EX Karakusa, that wouldn't be broken at all!

spitballing honda changes which will never happen:
jumping mp hitbox from super restored
ultra 2 properties from super restored
standing roundhouse recovery reduced from 22 to 18 frames, frame advantage on hit reduced from -3 to 0

MIMIC

Banned
Heh, I made this improbable comeback win against this one guy. So me, being the good sport that I always am, I play him again. He's winning and then I make ANOTHER comeback and catch him with an ultra and he ragequits.

lol. I send him the message "lol pathetic". He wasn't even going to die.

Also, WHAT THE FUCK is the frame date on Akuma's flip kick or whatever it is? I don't think I've EVER caught him with an Ultra. It's like he has invincibility when he touches the ground or something. And it always blows my mind when he manages to escape.

Heh, I made this improbable comeback win against this one guy. So me, being the good sport that I always am, I play him again. He's winning and then I make ANOTHER comeback and catch him with an ultra and he ragequits.

lol. I send him the message "lol pathetic". He wasn't even going to die.

Also, WHAT THE FUCK is the frame date on Akuma's flip kick or whatever it is? I don't think I've EVER caught him with an Ultra. It's like he has invincibility when he touches the ground or something. And it always blows my mind when he manages to escape.

If Akuma does demon palm, he has 0 recovery when landing, the same as a empty jump. A perfectly timed safe jump with demon palm is the only move in the game that is safe against everything in the game(with OS of course). That must be what they're using to bait you.

xCobalt

If Akuma does demon palm, he has 0 recovery when landing, the same as a empty jump. A perfectly timed safe jump with demon palm is the only move in the game that is safe against everything in the game(with OS of course). That must be what they're using to bait you.

Pretty sure Akuma has 3 or 4 frames of recovery. I think it was changed in either AE or 2012.

stn

Am I the only one worried about this update? Capcom isn't the greatest at balancing its own games, and I don't know WHY they're even looking at Capcom Unity for suggestions. What if its a bad update? We might just be stuck with it.

cHaotix8

spitballing honda changes which will never happen:
jumping mp hitbox from super restored
ultra 2 properties from super restored
standing roundhouse recovery reduced from 22 to 18 frames, frame advantage on hit reduced from -3 to 0

I thought they already gave Honda his j. mp hitbox back?

Overall, aside from the ultra inputs and damage nerfs, Honda should be a much stronger character now than he was in any other iteration of the game. The changes to various headbutts really helped him a lot, and gave him tools he didn't have before.

Imm0rt4l

Gouken buffs??

Gouken buffs

lol who am I kiddin he'll still be bottom

ssf4 is going to be at EVO for quite some time isn't it.

Am I the only one worried about this update? Capcom isn't the greatest at balancing its own games, and I don't know WHY they're even looking at Capcom Unity for suggestions. What if its a bad update? We might just be stuck with it.

The changes are already made, they just like to get the community involved and hyped up

My character isn't up for suggestion this week. But when he is I'm going to spam Capcom with my list of changes. Get ready for Daigo to main Evil Ryu, I can feel it.

Imm0rt4l

whoa, you still play or are you too busy getting swole in the fitness thread lol

Haha, yea I've been getting my swole on. I played some matches like a week ago after months of inactivity, I fell off in ssf4. I made gains everywhere else though, opportunity costs. I might start playing again as I've recently put in a little time in Darkstalkers which is a Godlike game btw.

So far the suggestions in the Capcom Unity threads have been great. Within the first few posts the best changes are posted for the respective characters.

xCobalt

Capcom isn't necessarily bad at balancing. They just have bad decision making. Ono purposely made AE broken. I'm confident with combofiend on the team, he'll make some smart decisions.

Gouken buffs??

Gouken buffs

lol who am I kiddin he'll still be bottom

ssf4 is going to be at EVO for quite some time isn't it.

Realistically, I'm thinking they'll just give him frame advantage on some moves. Personally, I want to be able to control his ex demon flip or be able cancel ex demon flip into ex hurricane kick which should help his wake up game more

cHaotix8

Capcom isn't necessarily bad at balancing. They just have bad decision making. Ono purposely made AE broken. I'm confident with combofiend on the team, he'll make some smart decisions.

They had Seth there for Vanilla, Super, and I believe AE, and they still did some dumb stuff. Hopefully they've learned from the past. :(

Hopefully we're not getting Jebaited here, but Alex Jebailey says we're getting another SF4 update

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/315139652375937025

Perfectly reasonable Evil Ryu buffs for v2013

5 frame sweep
5 frame low forward
1000 health/stun
LK axe kick does a soft knockdown
teleport and shaku same as Akuma's

Let the anticipation begin.

And just like that, my hype train is full steam ahead.

Where my 'Sim bretheren at? Let's start wishing for buffs, and then get strange nerfs.

edit:

My Sim Wishlist, arranged in order of reasonable to LOL gimme dem unreasonable buffs:
- Damage returned on normals / Super
- Hard knockdown on Yoga Flames
- More advantage on block/hit for dem drills/mummy
- Better dashes
- 50 more HP
- KICK x3 input for Ultra2 allows you to grab opponent out of the air
- An SRK variant.

Just give me something Capgods. Tall order for Sim though. Hard to balance him against his bad matchups without making him too buff.

And just like that, my hype train is full steam ahead.

Where my 'Sim bretheren at? Let's start wishing for buffs, and then get strange nerfs.

edit:

My Sim Wishlist, arranged in order of reasonable to LOL gimme dem unreasonable buffs:
- Damage returned on normals / Super
- Hard knockdown on Yoga Flames
- More advantage on block/hit for dem drills/mummy
- Better dashes
- 50 more HP
- KICK x3 input for Ultra2 allows you to grab opponent out of the air
- An SRK variant.

Just give me something Capgods. Tall order for Sim though. Hard to balance him against his bad matchups without making him too buff.

you can complain in here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528054

i've already filed my grievances for honda on the capcom forums. also, cross-posting for the lolz:
LOL at the capcom forums:
"nerf honda's buttstomp"
"make honda's headbutts punishable"

FUCKING SCRUBS.

Buff Abel/Makoto, Nerf Akuma/Cammy/Sagat/ken/Rufus (yes even more so).

know what? Nerf C Viper to shit tier.

there i made SF4 AMAZING.

*also add Q*

Onemic

Buff Yun and Yang would be sooooo awesome.

If this happened I would actually use yang. He seems a lot cooler than Yun in AE in comparison to 3S. Guess that's more because GJ isn't what makes Yun, Yun in SF4.

How is Yang in 2012 anyway? What makes him low tier/worse than Yun now? Want to sub someone when I get frustrated with Akuma and he just seems like a cooler version of Yun(not counting aesthetically, hat + skateboard always wins) because of his teleport and rekkas.

Buff Abel/Makoto, Nerf Akuma/Cammy/Sagat/ken/Rufus (yes even more so).

know what? Nerf C Viper to shit tier.

there i made SF4 AMAZING.

*also add Q*

Just add Sean. That's all I want.

Looks like I missed all the action again :(

No worries though, I'll be back with a vengeance with my super powered AE 2013 Evil Ryu. Can't wait for next week when I can start spamming the Capcom Unity board with all my buff suggestions.

So guys I was going to submit this suggestion for Evil Ryu in the next update, just wanted to know what you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Z4byMpoUM&t=0m27s

Should be pretty fair IMO.

Gj9DCT7.gif

Westlo

Super Street Fighter IV Ganbare Daigo Edition Ver 2013

Buffs to Ryu
Nerfs to Akuma, Cammy and Fei Long

Lets win Evo Daigo!
;p @ Infiltration, Fuudo and Xiahou

MIMIC

Banned
I played this one top guy and I got my ass HANDED to me on a platter.

What was so frustrating was the fact that the person who DID beat him was destroyed by ME (I perfect'd the shit out of him).

Sometimes I think this game really is all about match-ups...which means that in order to overcome match-up issues, you have to drastically alter your individual playing style. And I'm usually too aggressive/impatient to remember that.

But to that person's credit, he didn't drop a single combo. Felt like I was playing Daigo or something. lol

Super Street Fighter IV Ganbare Daigo Edition Ver 2013

Buffs to Ryu
Nerfs to Akuma, Cammy and Fei Long

Lets win Evo Daigo!
;p @ Infiltration, Fuudo and Xiahou

Buff Evil Ryu, Daigo joins the ERyu army and leads us to the promised land.

You guys think we can get to 20k before this new update comes out. We're not that far off, and although we've been more productive lately it's not like the SF4 thread of old where we were moving at a very brisk pace. I'd like to see OT5 by then though if we can keep saying something without obviously spamming the thread.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Random thoughts...

1) How did these people get "A" rankings i GFW? I've only fought one really good A ranked Honda (Danny Boy) where we went 2-1 but... damn all these other A fighters are not that good. Hell i've had better fights with C+ ranked guys.

2) The feeling of beating someone to a pulp and seeing the "Player has left the session" is still as good as it was over 3 years ago.

stn

Capcom sucks at balancing, period. If they're smart they'll leave the upper tier alone and simply buff the lower tier.

Top Bottom