• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Moaradin

First fighting sick is the Fighting Edge? so jelly.

Yea, I said to myself that if I'm going to make the switch, I'm gonna go all out. Doing combos on a stick feels so nice. It's definitely going to be a big learning curve re-learning street fighter after thousands of hours on a pad.

cackhyena

So is hsien88 on xbl who I think he is? Just found his room and he destroyed me with his Yun. I can't recall ever actually seeing a grand master status on xbl.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LOL. It's funny as hell playing like an absolute moron for 10+ games and then suddenly playing for real and they're all like WTF?

LOL. It's funny as hell playing like an absolute moron for 10+ games and then suddenly playing for real and they're all like WTF?

A few years ago my cousin would play SF4 with me, on his account though, can't lose my precious BP. But anyways, he was playing with the same basics he had back in the early 90s and would get destroyed or have close matches against other really bad players. Then it'd be my turn and if the guy seem decent, I'd always want to run it back and won most of the time. I always wondered what they thought when they went from his Ryu to mine in back to back matches.

Venfayth

Learning Yun. This cr.lk OS lp lunge punch is ridiculously amazing. I love when I run into someone who's obsessed with backdashing (looking at you, chun-li and rose players) and watching them get stunned off of one knockdown because they WON'T STOP BACKDASHING.

i need a new main. I can only win with Cammy, but I hate playing Setup Fighter 4....and whenever I win with her it feels fradulent, lol. I prefer zoning style with Ryu. But I want to try a new character that's more interesting, hmmm maybe Oni.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
i need a new main. I can only win with Cammy, but I hate playing Setup Fighter 4....and whenever I win with her it feels fradulent, lol. I prefer zoning style with Ryu. But I want to try a new character that's more interesting, hmmm maybe Oni.

Dhalsim least fraudulent character, confirmed!?

Threi

notag
How about DeeJay i heard he's pretty good

MIMIC

Banned
So is hsien88 on xbl who I think he is? Just found his room and he destroyed me with his Yun. I can't recall ever actually seeing a grand master status on xbl.

Ummm....

Played a Grand Master last night and got my ass kicked
V3HoDWh.gif

It was a fucking Yun tho....so it didn't mean as much =p I was laughing all through the match because I knew what I was up against =p

Yeah, it's him =p

Quick question.

I got SF4AE2012 on Amazon and already registered the activation key on GFWL.
Is there any way I can activate this on Steam? (Does Steam make a difference other than the overlay?)

Thanks

-cr lp: change frame advantage on block from -4 to -5 or -6 frames:

makes his tick throw game less broken, especially for online play.

Not that I'm taking most of the capcom unity posts seriously but comon.

Its for balrog btw

Westlo

You know, thank fuck it's obvious that this Capcom Unity "balance discussion" is obviously just Capcom making free hype + PR for the upcoming rebalanced.. because most of Capcom Unity have no fucking clue. Pretty sure Capcom already know what to do and if they do listen to feedback it will be from Japanese loketests + top players as opposed to scrub central.

Like one of the Cammy SRK posted this and I'm like wtf lol!!

Capcom unity is beyond saving and the balance discussion is done by people who are average at the game/casuals/beginners. Or know little to nothing about the characters and the engine. Except a select few intelegent posters (those are most likely coming from srk members.)

The Sakura nerf list is ridiculous. nerf crhp( her only reliable anti air), ex tatsu, nerf damage, nerf stun, nerf jhp, nerf lk tatsu (punishable -4?).... The funniest of all "remove Sakura unblockables". Fact: Sakura hardly has any (few) true unblockables. It would take u 5mins in training room to figure out most of her setups are fake crossups. (or 50/50).

And this is Sakura we are talking about. Not even in the top5. Multiply this feedback to x1000 = cammy feedback. Let's face it shes the most hated character in the game (blanka.?).

Yeah Cammy is going to get slaughtered by Unity scrubs.

stn

That Dee-Jay would have be insane. Practically no fireball recovery and EX Dread Kick crumple. I'd settle for better fireball recovery in 2013, would really improve some of his bad matchups (Zangief, Honda, Bison).

That Dee-Jay would have be insane. Practically no fireball recovery and EX Dread Kick crumple. I'd settle for better fireball recovery in 2013, would really improve some of his bad matchups (Zangief, Honda, Bison).

how is honda a bad matchup for dee jay? it's the other way around.

stn

He's hard to zone, most of his trades with Dee-Jay's AA's will work in his favor. Some of the better Dee-Jay players on SRK agree with this and I feel they are correct.

SwagJesus

Banned
All I want is for Thawk to be able to combo U2 with standing heavy kick and gief grab range.

Also Ryu needs a faster hadoken if you ask me.

Venfayth

You know, thank fuck it's obvious that this Capcom Unity "balance discussion" is obviously just Capcom making free hype + PR for the upcoming rebalanced.. because most of Capcom Unity have no fucking clue. Pretty sure Capcom already know what to do and if they do listen to feedback it will be from Japanese loketests + top players as opposed to scrub central.

Like one of the Cammy SRK posted this and I'm like wtf lol!!

Capcom unity is beyond saving and the balance discussion is done by people who are average at the game/casuals/beginners. Or know little to nothing about the characters and the engine. Except a select few intelegent posters (those are most likely coming from srk members.)

The Sakura nerf list is ridiculous. nerf crhp( her only reliable anti air), ex tatsu, nerf damage, nerf stun, nerf jhp, nerf lk tatsu (punishable -4?).... The funniest of all "remove Sakura unblockables". Fact: Sakura hardly has any (few) true unblockables. It would take u 5mins in training room to figure out most of her setups are fake crossups. (or 50/50).

And this is Sakura we are talking about. Not even in the top5. Multiply this feedback to x1000 = cammy feedback. Let's face it shes the most hated character in the game (blanka.?).

Yeah Cammy is going to get slaughtered by Unity scrubs.

Yeah, but I do agree strongly with the first post in the Sakura thread.

Also Ryu needs a faster hadoken if you ask me.

Faster fireball speed or faster recovery?

MrDaravon

I picked the best time to come in this thread lol

Anyway was just going to post that as part of this week's XBL sale all of the costume DLC is half off (or at least the 2 big packs and the AE character pack are).

Threi

notag
how is honda a bad matchup for dee jay? it's the other way around.

Same as all of the misinformed "good" matchups for deejay: his zoning is nowhere near as good as people think it is. In theory it should be, but the hitboxes, speed, and damage of his options make it very much not so.

He isn't Guile.

deejay unquestionably fights divekick chars better than guile though

OceanBlue

I agree with Alioune that level 2 focus attacks shouldn't crumple except on CH, among other things. Maybe I'm not understanding the risks because I'm a low-level player, but I always thought that was kinda silly how much reward you got for level 2 focus.

Top Bottom