• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

I got this for 6€ (PC version) on amazon after playing and loving SFxT for some time. I'm still on a beginner level but playing feels more and more natural. Now I see how different the two games are! I'll probably play and love both on their own merits. :)

P.S.:Oh, nice gamer list on page one! The PC one is a bit empty, let's change that! My windows live name is Hansord De Sire! (Feel free to add me cause I will add you as soon as I come home!

I had over 3100, then I said to myself "fuck it, I'm going to play Yun in ranked". I lost 7 matches in a row and around 600 points. I started getting too irritated and switched back to Evil Ryu. I got some back but then I ran into this Guy who dominated me and he kept coming back. I said sure why not, I played him a lot and lost a vast majority of the time. After all that trouble I think I'm back to 2400 or so. My poor PP :(

Oh well, it's Evil Ryu day. Time to spam the Unity board with my buff request.

Venfayth

But that's why points don't matter and you really shouldn't care about them. My win ratio with Juri is something like 70% and even THAT doesn't matter. When it comes down to actual tourney matches, points don't mean shit :p

They can be nice to wave around, or to show off if you're like Latif or Chris with your shiny Grandmaster title (which I am admittedly jelly of :B), and maybe to prove you're not a scrub to play with some other online duders, but really you should just be looking for better players than you and asking to grind it out with them to learn what you need to improve on.

It also helps to know and be able to recognize what habits you have / what strategies you rely on that do not work in an offline environment. Even stuff like walking forward against fireballs is much easier offline.

Lately my goal has been to play in ranked until someone beats me or it seems they have something to teach me about a matchup, then I invite them to endless and we go at it until they get sick of playing.

Beckx

Man, I spent a few hours in training last night and just thoroughly depressed myself. During my time off I've completely lost the ability to link all three of Fei's rekka's unless I just spaz out the QCFs + plink. Ugh. I'm awful. Thinking of switching chars, Fei's BnBs rely too heavily on plinking and I just couldn't execute at all.

Onemic

Man, I spent a few hours in training last night and just thoroughly depressed myself. During my time off I've completely lost the ability to link all three of Fei's rekka's unless I just spaz out the QCFs + plink. Ugh. I'm awful. Thinking of switching chars, Fei's BnBs rely too heavily on plinking and I just couldn't execute at all.

Arent rekka's just canceled into each other? You shouldnt need to plink it.

Beckx

Arent rekka's just canceled into each other? You shouldnt need to plink it.

If your timing isn't fast enough, the final rekka can be blocked (even though it animates as the final canceled backfist). Last night I couldn't get the timing without spaz plinking. (this is totally my problem, it's relatively simple and I used to be good at it.)

------------------------------------------------------

edit: anyone have tips on hitting a Raging Demon after Focus Attack (not FADC)? Whenever I get the RD to actually come out, it's too late and it whiffs. If I try earlier, it doesn't come out. (Akuma's challenges)

People worried about points

pD4GU.png

Venfayth

Rekka's don't link, they cancel. The cancel can be delayed, but should only be delayed if you think they'll try to push a button to punish your blocked second hit.

It's definitely not as hard as you're making it to just rekka rekka rekka :p

Onemic

If your timing isn't fast enough, the final rekka can be blocked (even though it animates as the final canceled backfist). Last night I couldn't get the timing without spaz plinking. (this is totally my problem, it's relatively simple and I used to be good at it.)

------------------------------------------------------

edit: anyone have tips on hitting a Raging Demon after Focus Attack (not FADC)? Whenever I get the RD to actually come out, it's too late and it whiffs. If I try earlier, it doesn't come out. (Akuma's challenges)

Lvl 3 focus, dash, raging demon

Venfayth

Heh, Beckx, it sounds like you already know what you're doing it wrong. If you do the inputs too fast, it won't come out. If you do it too late, the opponent will be airborne and it'll whiff. Gotta get dat juuuuuuuuuust right timing.

If you don't know, you can do a RD in just 3 inputs.

LP
LP
Towards (or back, depending on if you're doing ultra or super) + LK + HP

You can buffer in the lp lp and have a few frames to just do the towards+lk+hp at the correct timing.

Kioshen

Lots of methods that you can use but you can input 2x jabs during dash and then all at the same time input "away, LK, HP" at the same and it will come out.

Try practicing the timing by the doing the overhead kara version and it'll be a breeze :

Toward + LP + MP,
LP + MP or LP,
Away + LK + HP

Beckx

Thanks guys, had no idea the last two inputs could be combined, never really messed around with RD characters before.

The rekka thing is just me being incompetent. I was ready to throw my Fighting Edge out the window by the end of the evening.

onemic, I won't be online til late late this evening. Around on and off this weekend.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I had over 3100, then I said to myself "fuck it, I'm going to play Yun in ranked". I lost 7 matches in a row and around 600 points. I started getting too irritated and switched back to Evil Ryu. I got some back but then I ran into this Guy who dominated me and he kept coming back. I said sure why not, I played him a lot and lost a vast majority of the time. After all that trouble I think I'm back to 2400 or so. My poor PP :(

Oh well, it's Evil Ryu day. Time to spam the Unity board with my buff request.

I swore I wouldn't give a shit about my PP. I was at 3.5K and lost a few matches... dropped to 3.1K because losing against one C ranked Ryu lagging to hell takes 150+ points. I was like... Da fuck? Pissed me off. Kinda semi recovered until an El Fuerte just whooped my ass and dropped me to 3.4K. Yeah I am done for now... the points are making me tense :p! Stupid... stupid worthless points.

RE you playing in GFW? I need some Gaffers to fight with..., my connection is much better these days.

It's like BV gets some kind of Batman signal everytime I mention points in this thread. I always know he'll reply shortly with something to mock my love of points.

I swore I wouldn't give a shit about my PP. I was at 3.5K and lost a few matches... dropped to 3.1K because losing against one C ranked Ryu lagging to hell takes 150+ points. I was like... Da fuck? Pissed me off. Kinda semi recovered until an El Fuerte just whooped my ass and dropped me to 3.4K. Yeah I am done for now... the points are making me tense :p! Stupid... stupid worthless points.

RE you playing in GFW? I need some Gaffers to fight with..., my connection is much better these days.

Yeah I'm on GFW. Hopefully you can play the days of I'm off because I don't get off work till around 2-3AM Eastern time.

gibration

GGs Edge! Had fun, thanks for the games. :D

Trying to adjust to all the changes they've made to Ryu. Feels weird not being able to FADC after a fierce dp.

Edgeward

GGs dude. Wished I could've played better, but it's just too weird of a transition to go from a monitor (PC) to a big TV (ps3). Not like it would make that big a difference in the score card though.

So when the new set of character threads opened I thought it was just going to be me a few other guys hanging out in the Evil Ryu thread. Turns out their are tons of angry Evil Ryu players who are pissed about the character being so bad. It might be the fastest moving character thread to date. Over 250 in less than 2 days. Most of the sane players have pretty much the same request. They're echoing the same things I've been wanting so I don't feel the need to spam the thread too much unless their is anything to discuss. I really hope they give him the things he needs to compete because he's been pretty much gimped since day one.

DR2K

Banned
I have to say all this new Cammy tech since leaving SFIV is so fun to finally use, best incarnation of her in any SF game.

Threi

notag
*looks at deejay thread stats*

*lowest viewcount, second lowest postcount (by 3 posts)*

welp. overlooked by the community 2 times, overlooked by the devs 2 times. "oh he's a solid midtier nothing's wrong with him, that one deejay i played online 2 years ago almost beat me ffs!"

*sigh* 3rd time's a charm i guess! (goes to post a long novel)

Yun balance changes: NOTHING. He's fucking fine. If anything, nerf him some more.

Xian, is that you? Yun is no where near that good that he needs nerfing. I do think he could use some buffs. Right now he gets dominated by good zoning characters and just about everybody can spam focus against him and crumple him when he tries to dive kick in.

He's nearly perfect as a balanced character, just needs a few more changes.

-Dive kick: Remove 1 frame of hit stun, reduce 1 frame of recovery. This makes it so he doesn't get crumpled so easily while trying to get in.
-EX Shoulder: More fireball invincibility: Right now it's like you have to make a read or have extremely good reactions to hit this. It shouldn't be that small of a window to punish fireballs. Not full fireball invincibility from start up but make it less of a tight punish.
-Cr. MP and St. MP: Revert damage back to 60 each. Yun is a low damage character who can't really punish hard unless he gets a dizzy or focus. This doesn't make too big of a difference, but every little bit helps.

With this and nothing else I think he'd be a perfectly balanced character. Strong rushdown and mix ups, but will still have to be played intelligently as he bleeds and can't get in too easily.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I want Chun's sweep to have a one frame start up and have fast recovery. Also make her dashes cover half the screen, double the damage on Ultra 2 and give her a double jump. Give her 1050 health too.

notworksafe

Nerf no one. Buff those who need it (Hawk, DJ, Choon, E.Ryu, Guile, etc). I'd rather see everyone made good, not punishment nerfs based on complaints from players who can't manage to get around good things from certain characters.

*looks at deejay thread stats*

*lowest viewcount, second lowest postcount (by 3 posts)*

welp. overlooked by the community 2 times, overlooked by the devs 2 times. "oh he's a solid midtier nothing's wrong with him, that one deejay i played online 2 years ago almost beat me ffs!"

*sigh* 3rd time's a charm i guess! (goes to post a long novel)

Stay strong Deejay fam. We'll make it through

I missed all the Dan change talks and Capcom-Unity is blocked in work. Were there any interesting suggestions? I'd say his neutral jump hard punch being a little bigger to hit more characters after KRK FADC would be nice. I always go for crouching taunt instead as a rule but that would be a nice meterless way to add damage. Being able to juggle with mp.KRK instead of just EX after lk.Dankick in the corner would be good too.

I mostly just want his crouching taunt to either do a little damage or be safe on hit. KRK FADC jumping taunt connecting would be nice too.

Top Bottom