• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Dem delicious Bison hater tears.

M_Bison-1.jpg

vulva

hey if I bought an hdmi splitter would that impact the input lag on my monitor much? I want to set it up so I can have my 360 and ps3 both plugged in at all times but don't want to add input lag. I think I'm SOL and will just need to keep switching, but figured I'd ask just in case.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
SamVimes said:
Oh i saw that live, i just thought that the meme was pre-existent.

Chris was using it before then I believe, but I'm pretty sure Season's Beatings was where it really caught on, because that match was hype as fuck.

Cloudius12 said:
Yo Hycran is free to my Bipson =P

It aint even like that, I wasnt even shin bison like i am now.
That being said, that falling oga cross up or whatever you hit me with in our ranbat was hype. I've never seen that before.

zon

Conceited said:
Chris was using it before then I believe, but I'm pretty sure Season's Beatings was where it really caught on, because that match was hype as fuck.

It was at one of the Guard Crush events where he first coined it I think. Dude was getting really hype about something and exclaimed "BESS BIPSON!!". Then we all ran it to the ground after a few months. :p

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
zon said:
It was at one of the Guard Crush events where he first coined it I think. Dude was getting really hype about something and exclaimed "BESS BIPSON!!". Then we all ran it to the ground after a few months. :p

Yeah I remember him using it at the older Guard Crushes, but those only had 1000 or so viewers, Seasons Beatings had 10,000+ for that match, so it spread like wildfire and died pretty much just as fast haha. It still gets some use though, but I haven't heard Chris say it in a while, at least that I can remember.

Onion_Relish said:
It aint even like that, I wasnt even shin bison like i am now.
That being said, that falling oga cross up or whatever you hit me with in our ranbat was hype. I've never seen that before.
I keep those secrets with me =D

zon

Conceited said:
Yeah I remember him using it at the older Guard Crushes, but those only had 1000 or so viewers, Seasons Beatings had 10,000+ for that match, so it spread like wildfire and died pretty much just as fast haha. It still gets some use though, but I haven't heard Chris say it in a while, at least that I can remember.

I don't know why, but talking about "bess bipson" reminded me of this vid spooky mentioned last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgILsisJcfM
Never forget.

SamVimes said:
No he doesn't (he's still a very good character tho) and no it isn't.

Educate me then. What made the matchup bad was TKCS. Between cammy's ass footsies, ass grab range and vagina health tax how is it not a bad matchup? It plays like Rog without his zoning.

AkumaHokoru said:
shame on you for not knowing it was one of the first hu-isms

He's actually right though.

Best Bipson came from a typo when you and Spooky were doing you week long stream of early SSFIV. Introducing Min, when everyone was used to Andre being the best dictator player, as "best bison" on the player names. But Sabin made a typo and it read "best bipson". He corrected it, but it already caught on.

SamVimes

DryEyeRelief said:
Educate me then. What made the matchup bad was TKCS. Between cammy's ass footsies, ass grab range and vagina health tax how is it not a bad matchup? It plays like Rog without his zoning.
She still has ex cs and some new counterhit setups, it's no worse than 5-5.

Threi

notag
Onion_Relish said:
Bison has a bunch of throw set ups that are really hard to predict

1: Tick Throw
2: Mid range dash throw
3: Empty Jump Throw
4: Empty devils reverse throw
5: Cross up into tick throw
6: close range ex psycho crusher, dash towards throw. (only works if they quick rise)This one happens so fast it almost always works
7: In the corner, do a light psycho crusher and whiff it into throw. Because people are afraid of the tail cross up they will try to block it leaving themselves open for a throw
8: Slide fadc throw
9: cr lk cr lk cr lk scissors fadc throw

the list goes on and on. I throw fools all day and I dont even fucking care. I'll just walk up and throw you half the time. You no scare? I seriously no scare to throw
ugh.

cHaotix8

narcosis219 said:
Dudley's changes were 100% positive.

He actually got a few small buffs along with a nerf. St. RH xx duck on counter hit is like +1 instead of +5 like it used to be, being -5 on block now.

Cammy Abel feels 5-5 to me. She can start her offense and deal with his bs pretty well

Imm0rt4l

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I know, it's almost looking like the SRK boards here now...

With less cussing and racism, hehe :)
I've never seen any racism there, but I stay on the character boards. Dudley boards is just a circle jerk of 2 posters thinking they're better than everyone else. Gouken boards is just a very sad place. Yun players are delusional and thing their character isn't that overpowered.

The balance and request topics in the discussion area are interesting.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Imm0rt4l said:
smh @ a yun ragequitting. What was his name?
DON'T TELL HIM!

Imm0rt4l said:
I've never seen any racism there, but I stay on the character boards. Dudley boards is just a circle jerk of 2 posters thinking they're better than everyone else. Gouken boards is just a very sad place. Yun players are delusional and thing their character isn't that overpowered.

The balance and request topics in the discussion area are interesting.
I used to frequent the Gouken boards , but the overall sadness made me leave.

And bad players need to be exposed, Yuns or not. Reveal the name.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The Makoto boards are generally pretty great. Only time I ever recall just wanting to strangle someone there was recently when some dude started going on about how ex hayate should go through fireballs.

SmokeMaxX

Those Bison Throw setups aren't even that good <_<
Some of those setups HAVE to be like -20 frame disadvantage or something.

EDIT: Not trying to crap on the list. Just saying most of those "setups" aren't free for Bison by any means. Most of them are heavily punishable.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
vulva said:
hey if I bought an hdmi splitter would that impact the input lag on my monitor much? I want to set it up so I can have my 360 and ps3 both plugged in at all times but don't want to add input lag. I think I'm SOL and will just need to keep switching, but figured I'd ask just in case.
I think the general rule on splitters and switches is that you're fine as long as it hooks up to its own power source. If it isn't powered, then you risk having a crappy signal and significant lag.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
T3aSz.jpg

Dhalsim is such a mash happy character. LOL. Beat him not once but twice. Told him to cry some more and he told me to learn to play correctly.

eNb2U.jpg

Running a lobby soon.

zlatko

Banned
Kadey said:
T3aSz.jpg

Dhalsim is such a mash happy character. LOL. Beat him not once but twice. Told him to cry some more and he told me to learn to play correctly.

eNb2U.jpg

Running a lobby soon.

Something about the above screenshot seems off. Shouldn't it show PP/BP or whatever? What are you hiding from us?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't know whether I should laugh or cry that he doesn't know that. Or someone with a BP tag would worried about seeing BP/PP.

LProtag

Stick comes in tomorrow, just upgraded my internet speed (still crappy but better than it was), excited for SF.

Probably will just spend time grinding out execution though.

zlatko

Banned
Kadey said:
I don't know whether I should laugh or cry that he doesn't know that. Or someone with a BP tag would worried about seeing BP/PP.

I easily psyche myself out of a fight when I'm looking for equal skilled opponents, and someone is 5x out of my league. I set my goal to, "don't get perfected." :p

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Kadey said:
http://i.imgur.com/T3aSz.jpg[IMG]

Dhalsim is such a mash happy character. LOL. Beat him not once but twice. Told him to cry some more[/QUOTE]
Good to see more people unleashing dat yoga.

[QUOTE=zlatko]I easily psyche myself out of a fight when I'm looking for equal skilled opponents, and someone is 5x out of my league. I set my goal to, "don't get perfected." :P[/QUOTE]
Change your goal to "I'm gonna wreck this fool".

zlatko

Banned
Rentahamster said:
Good to see more people unleashing dat yoga.

Change your goal to "I'm gonna wreck this fool".

Last two times I did that I got royally fucked up.

When I set my mind to, "don't get perfected," I make less mistakes and play more defensive/footsie based, and at least get it to go to final round situations. When I start feeling myself I go balls to the wall and get blown up sky high, and the aliens out in space can see the blow up and the build up of salt from light years away.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dhalsim is so fun to use. I need to work on my close range combat and anti air. I have the zoning and certain mixups down.

Out of every character I think I pissed off more people using him than any other. Bison is a close second.

LProtag

If I play some matches against other newer players (low pp/bp) with Makoto and attempt to play 'correctly' to the best of my ability, I'm going to get destroyed by people mashing probably, right?

Just want to know when I should start getting discouraged and rethinking my gameplan, haha.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Professor Beef said:
Quoting this because I missed it last night.
Good LORD is FlashMetroid so damn handsome &#9829;

Top Bottom