• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Beckx

Getting my new stick in 3 days. We'll see if I can hurt that Ken some more. :p My current UMvC2 stick keeps randomly restarting itself when I press buttons hard.(ususally when I'm plinking) Sometimes during our matches I would be pressuring and then I would just stay still and stand. That was my stick being stupid and disconnecting. Ive lost a few matches directly because of this.

I feel that pain. I have given up PS3 SSFIV for now until I get native PS3 compatible controls. Finally sat down and compared what I could do on Xbox (native) with PS3 (xbox stick + mayflash converter) and it's hilarious.

At least I can stop beating myself up for not hitting links consistently. Now to watch for the delivery man.

AutumnAve

New stick came in today! This means no more random ass d/c's and more pushing Autumn's Ken's face into the dirt

AciaT0D.gif

You can't handle me. Real rap.

Onemic

Weird, other than doing a clean driver install, verifying your cache (if you use the steam version) your card should be running it fine maxxed. I was able to run AE on an old 5xxx and 6950 series with AA on

yup, I have a 5770 right now and I run it maxed, 4x AA, 1080p with and average of 75 frames in the benchmark. I get no drops.

Weird, other than doing a clean driver install, verifying your cache (if you use the steam version) your card should be running it fine maxxed. I was able to run AE on an old 5xxx and 6950 series with AA on

Yeah it's weird. I can do training mode no problem but ... other than that. zz

Rice. Do you want to go half and half into the Topanga league?

Sure, in fact I have no issue paying for the whole thing myself. I just hope you can re stream it so I can watch the archives. I'm going to try and watch the first two days live. But I work the other two days so a archive is necessary for me. Plus it'd be good to get the gang back together to enjoy some high level SF4 if they're in.

But yeah I'm in. I can PayPal you the money if you can accept it that way.

Kioshen

GGs BV yesterday. Sorry to have bailed out like a deer in front of a headlight but I was starting to get tired. My Sagat is coming along nicely considering the small amount of time I had to work at it recently. I really need to learn how to do kara fireballs. I lose a good amount of pressure in my fireball game because of this. My spacing on my TK are atrocious too lol.

Still I managed to do a couple of fadc combos in the heat of battle so that's good enough for me.

GGs BV yesterday. Sorry to have bailed out like a deer in front of a headlight but I was starting to get tired. My Sagat is coming along nicely considering the small amount of time I had to work at it recently. I really need to learn how to do kara fireballs. I lose a good amount of pressure in my fireball game because of this. My spacing on my TK are atrocious too lol.

Still I managed to do a couple of fadc combos in the heat of battle so that's good enough for me.

GG's. Who's your main?

cackhyena

Got the deal yesterday for the PC version and now after seeing how much smoother it is on my machine, no going back to xbox. Ran the benchmark at settings on high and it was hilarious how quickly E Ryu and Oni fought each other.

Anyone wants at me I'm yerffejko.

Venfayth

Got the deal yesterday for the PC version and now after seeing how much smoother it is on my machine, no going back to xbox. Ran the benchmark at settings on high and it was hilarious how quickly E Ryu and Oni fought each other.

Is your name Jeff :O

Evo should run sfxt and ae on pc all the way. Welcome to the best side.

AutumnAve

I'll add you when I get home! Always good to get new friends to play.

Rice, PM me when you get a chance.

I'm thought I did, well I'll do it again then.

Edit: What, I have to write something in the title when I send a message now? I don't remember having to do that before. That explains why you probably didn't get the first message.

Onemic

Fighting Edge is the truth. This stick feels so smooth, I already like it way more than my UMvC3 stick, d/c issues aside. Not to mention its wide as fuck, making it even more comfortable. Only thing I still haven't used is the config feature and I still don't know how to enable the side LED's that flash when your character takes damage.

cackhyena

I'm only just now noticing that if I hold down on the stick for more than a split second, I can let go and the character will stay crouched for nearly another second. Same with holding forward or backwards. The character will slightly move forward/backward after I have let go of the stick. What's going on here?

Kioshen

I'm only just now noticing that if I hold down on the stick for more than a split second, I can let go and the character will stay crouched for nearly another second. Same with holding forward or backwards. The character will slightly move forward/backward after I have let go of the stick. What's going on here?

Probably the micro switches on the joystick's pcb getting stuck.

Onemic

Holy crap. This is a thing? How does that even work?

I think it replaces the vibration you take from damage when using a controller in fighting games to the LED lights. It doesn't seem to be working for SFIV(PC) though. Maybe it doesnt support it for the PC version? Because I don't see any option to turn on vibration.

Grifter

Been re-learning the game and match-ups. Is it safe to say I no longer need to switch from Akuma to Ryu for the Rufus match-up due to U2?

How can Ken set up U2 besides FB > FADC?

Been re-learning the game and match-ups. Is it safe to say I no longer need to switch from Akuma to Ryu for the Rufus match-up due to U2?

How can Ken set up U2 besides FB > FADC?

Well both Akuma and Ryu beat Rufus. Akuma's U2 is just for punishing blocked EX messiah but it doesn't shut down anything if that's what you're asking. As for Ken, it's either that or you have to be able to confirm off a EX tatsu which normally only hits once on grounded opponents.

Beckx

Fighting Edge is the truth. This stick feels so smooth, I already like it way more than my UMvC3 stick, d/c issues aside. Not to mention its wide as fuck, making it even more comfortable. Only thing I still haven't used is the config feature and I still don't know how to enable the side LED's that flash when your character takes damage.

Wait, where did you see this? Mine does not do that at all. It's either LED on or off, but I never delved deeper to see if there was another option.

AutumnAve

Last night was a really fun session.
It was a lot of fun! I stayed way longer than I intended, till like 3 a.m. I must really love getting blown up on stream, lol. Honestly, guys, I'm not a bad player, I just get really nervous playing. Ask m1c, I'm not abyssimal, just easily rattled. I would like some of you guys I play with to give me some critique, I mean, the whole point to me is that I love street fighter, and I want to improve.

Will be going to my first Rese this Saturday, which is a regional in North Carolina. If anyone of you guys are in the area and plan on going, I hope to see you there.

That means you Rice Eater

Top Bottom